FFVII : PC Version

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TenderSurrender, May 6, 2006.

1. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Depends on who you ask. Personally, I haven't enjoyed a Final Fantasy game since psone era FF9.

As far as this release. Pointless. No graphical updates, no extra weapons or stories, side missions. Simply the same game with a half assed implementation of achievements put in it. Big ****ing whoop.

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Well, there's only two as far as I know, FF13 and FF13-2.

13 is incredibly linear, 13-2 is more open, but it directly continues the story.

Either way, 13 only costs like £8 on amazon second hand.

3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Ohh thank u guys. I was interested in FF in Vita, but there is just shty (for me) oldschool 2d graphic FF series r available. I want a 3d verison at least.

Anyway, i want to try this kind of turn based rpgs but dont have an idea about what games r good for it on pa3 or vita.

4. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
  6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Same could be said about Dark Souls but yet there was a petition for that game.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Though they are adding new content to Dark Souls for the PC version, will also be available for the console versions a short while afterwards. :)

8. KodY

KodY Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280X Vapor-X
    How come no one mentioned the "exclusive to the Square Enix Store" thingy yet?
    I get the feeling it's their first step in wanting to follow Steam/Origin etc. Or why else build an achievement system that seems to tie in with the Square Enix account? (No SE game has done this before - the most recent ones all used Steamworks for that)

9. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Be 'careful' on Resonance of Fate, though.
    It's not for everyone, even RPG lovers.
    The learning curve is a bit steep (and a bit punishing), but if you're patient enough to master its battle mechanics, it's awesome.

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Hmmm. Thanx for the info. Im reading and watching some reviews right now.

11. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
  12. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Show me the petition that got started to bring FF7, in it's exact same form from 1997, but with achievements to PC (again) and I'll give your statement credit. Until then, troll. :nerd:

13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I was talking about Dark Souls having a petition not FF7.

14. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I understand that, but you brought up a petition about dark souls where it had no place to be brought up, you made it sound like this release is justified. Just sayin... <3

15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    As above you state that there are no decent new features being added so big F'n woop to this release, The same can be said for DS as the new content is not exclusive to pc so if one already has it then why buy it for pc.

I dont understand the negetivity as GOG and Sony re-release old titles for new hardware/OS all the time and people eat them up yet square enix re-release a classic and everybody says whats the point. GOG dont add anything new to the games on their site except compatiblity fixes which is exactly what square are doing, well thats going by what little info is available.

As far as graphical updates go, the gfx were good enough back when it was first released for people to enjoy so does the fact that its not going to look like FF13 on your HD screen mean that your fond memories are going to be tarnished.

Plenty of comments from guru users to be found that say gfx dont make a game, if a game is to pretty it gets called a tech demo but release a modest looking game and its back to wheres my HD orgasm stupid consolitis.

Oh an as far as being justified, go do a google and have gander at the amount of people asking for a release on pc whether HD or not. FF7 on modern day hardware without having to mess around with emulaters or a buggy old release from years ago that in this very thread people complained about but now hopefully mods can be used without having to spend to much time trying to get the base game up and running.

WHATS TO COMPLAIN ABOUT!!!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012

16. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    This release is justified, why? because people want it, even if it's just to make it so it works on modern systems without any troubleshooting and tweaks

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Here - Happy now, I sure as s*** am.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/04/final-fantasy-vii-is-coming-to-pc

It's better than nothing.

18. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    http://finalfantasyviipc.com/en#

Check out "media" and look at the artwork for locations in-game. Even if they only put "that" much effort into remaking FF7 I think many fans would be content because it keeps with the original art-style (characters-wise).

Alas, we basically didn't get anything because up-scaling doesn't add any more detail, it only makes the lack-of-detail more clear. :)

The FMV will look dated and grainy and the backgrounds will look blurry if ANY filtering is attempted (which there will be).

They could easily have re-rendered all the movies in HD, especially with how powerful modern PC/farms are.

Obviously a cash-in + milk-it release rather than Squaresoft-style re-make like for the early FF titles.

19. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I think your assuming all the original assets are still there, which is unlikely, and even if they did have them they are all likely to still be very low resolution.

Squaresoft won't have wasted any time rendering backrounds much higher resoluton than the PS1 could output as it really would be a waste of time.

The CGI movies won't be much better, while they looked great at the time, it's not like it was Pixar and had to display them on a huge cinema screen.

If it was an easy job like your suggesting, then they would of done it and released it on PSN/Live, the fact they are doing this clearly suggests this is as good as they can get it without starting from scratch.