FFVII : PC Version

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TenderSurrender, May 6, 2006.

1. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Isn't there also a mod that replaces some of the CGI cut screens with those from newer games and Advent Children where relevent? I'm a big emulation fan, but when it comes to FF7 I'd take the modded PC version any day.

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yep, again its the remix 2.5.1 or whatever - http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8915.0. def worth playing if you've got a copy of the pc version. And the fan made intro that acts as a start up vid (eg:Ubisoft/unreal logo's) is pretty cool.

3. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Hah.

Thanks for that, tempted to give it a play through myself now.

4. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Never understood why the PC version made the 2D backgrounds look so pixelated and horrible.

It's not worth all the headaches to mod this game, have beautiful fight/battle scenes and then have it go back to looking like crap when exploring.

It's also not worth wasting the time tweaking it with an emulator whe you cant really mod the game.

So I go the simple route, I bought it on psn and play it on my ps3 with no issues in it's original form with no hideous 2D pixelation or emulator crashing.

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    ^Nice:), but honestly the thing just works and this is on Vista 64 the only issue I had was when I changed a setting in the config that I wanted to see how much of an effect it would have, changed it back - all good.

The pixelated while rather crappy backgrounds are to be expected with such an old game as I'm sure your aware but meh imo, I enjoy this game so much I can look past it.

Might have a go at modding it myself at some point, dont know what I'd change though.

6. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    make a new story out of it lol.

Honestly, FF7 is my favorite game of all-time. I've played every version possible. For me, it's just most satisfying firing it up on the ps3 and laying back on my couch.

I always wanted someone to change the dialogue and make a new game out of it, a comedy, serious adventure, whatever. Someone started a project on Final Fantasy 3 doing as such but it died off.

7. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    PCSX Reloaded, latest SVN release. Use Petes OGL2 driver for best results. ESPXE is my second choice, followed by pSX.

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://www.shacknews.com/article/74525/final-fantasy-vii-remake-cant-happen-until-square-enix-makes

Still, judging by that Steam thing people found it could happen that they release the base game as-is with a few changes and compatibility updates.

9. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    ^^I think they've got the right idea there, I would love a "hd" remake (hate that term), but would happily settle for a straight port that has fixed scenery as per what SerotoNIN mentioned.

Could do with a pc port of FFX, I think I read somewhere about X being ported to vita.

But yeah Square really need to up there game, FF hasn't been relevant since FFX imo.

10. Ralph

Ralph Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX960 FTW 4GB
    I recently installed FFVII for PC, you have to be sure to run the setup.exe under compatibility mode for XP SP2 and run as admin, get the 1.02 patch, and I use a custom resolution mod.

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Ah true that , thanks for sharing mate.:)

you using any mods or nah.

12. Ralph

Ralph Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX960 FTW 4GB
    A custom resolution mod called "Saint's" but it still leaves thick black bars at the top and bottom of my screen :(. Also, I tried implementing the FMV rejuvenation patch, but when I beat the first boss the aribuster, he blew up and everything except the sprites went black, I got the text, but cloud never let go of the bridge; so I went back to the original DVDs.

I was considering using a re-translation patch, but I'm not sure how current it is. I almost want to start playing on the epsxe emu, I have an emulator on my phone and I could share save games between my PC and phone.

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://www.shacknews.com/article/74647/final-fantasy-vii-pc-revamp-confirmed

Now confirmed. :)

14. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Best news all week, Thank you my friend:)

15. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    announce a rerelease of a 15 year old game and only show the fmvs?

surely everyone knows how they look already, should have shown some gameplay

16. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    High-res backgrounds wouldn't take that long as long as they still have the source artwork. They could easily bring this game up-to-date with Full-HD backgrounds and leave the rest of the game for another re-issue/re-make. This release is a cash-in. I'll probably still buy it, sadly.

17. Wanny

Wanny Guest

I don't get this release but we'll see...

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, not sure what to make of this, might have a look but will need to see what other people say first.

Not sure it would be easy to bring this up to date with HD resolutions, i wasn't aware the original source artwork was anywhere near 720, nevermind 19x10.

19. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    The original artwork was 640x480 on pc, maybe even 320x240 and just upscaled from PSX.

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Maybe off topic but. What is the best ff on ps3 pls?