Will TXAA be ported to other GPUs?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by consume, Jul 4, 2012.

1. consume

consume Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580
    Since TXAA is a software feature, will it be possible to get it working on 500 series GPUs?

2. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    It should be but I doubt it given Nvidia wants more reasons for people to upgrade.

3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Honestly I don't see why not. Maybe because it is an experimental feature they've limited the supported cards for the time being?

4. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Yes im pretty sure nvidia said they txaa will be for 400/500 series in the future.

5. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    I hope so if it really works as well as they say it does.

6. miffywiffy

miffywiffy Master Guru

GPU:
    750ti
    To me it looks like it destroys picture quality.

What I'd rather see is the ability for GPU memory to multiply with SLI setups, it would make MSAA much more relevant.

7. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    If that was possible i think they would have found it out by now.

8. IKnowJack

IKnowJack Guest

GPU:
    GTX470
    just because its done in software doesnt mean older hardware will cope... the slowdown on fermi when running TXAA or even FXAA is too great...

its like trying to run windows7 on a 486...it might work...but its too slow to be of any real use

9. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    FXAA is less of a hit then standard MSAA.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  10. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Yes fxaa hardly affects fps

11. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56
    TXAA has been advertised as costing less performance than equivalent levels of MSAA by Nvidia.

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Its a mix of FP16 (for hdr correct aa) and multisampling and yes any strong dx11 gpu can handle it. GTX670/680 has more FP16 units and its a little faster, but imo nothing serious.

This.

13. mypc

mypc Guest

is Txaa will be supported for 200 series as well........please be true

14. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    They did say that indeed.

We still only have one game which supports it. I hope soon a lot more will follow incl. Skyrim please :)

15. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Taken from: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-304-79-beta-drivers-released/

"TXAA Anti-Aliasing

At the launch of the GeForce GTX 680, our flagship GPU, we also announced NVIDIA TXAA Anti-Aliasing, a new anti-aliasing technique offering higher levels of fidelity than MSAA and FXAA. Exclusive to GeForce GTX 600-Series GPUs, this anti-aliasing technique not only reduces the level of aliased stepping on edges and lines far beyond that of MSAA, but also reduces temporal aliasing to a significant degree. More commonly known as shimmering, temporal aliasing is typically seen on chain-link fences and other surfaces when the player’s camera moves, and with this addition TXAA approaches the level of fidelity seen to date only in big-budget CG movies."

Doesn't sound like they're planning to release it for older cards to me.

16. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/interview-with-funcom/

17. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    i watched the kepler announcement video where they showed off the txaa images. they said it would be out Later for 400/500 series. so exclusive for 600 series for some time, then released for fermi.

18. IKnowJack

IKnowJack Guest

GPU:
    GTX470
    then i must be doing something wrong...coz i get a huge hit IF i enable it in the driver (ingame fxaa seems to be ok)... its chopping the fps by more than half :/

but i dont really care...FXAA is just a blur filter across the whole image and it stinks imo poor mans AA!... TXAA...havent experianced it tbh..but im guessing my 470 wont like it if it does get released for sub 600series gpus..
    them numbers are based on gtx680 hardware... for the gtx470 which has what 3-4 times less performance, them numbers aint gonna hold up... youre kidding yourself if you will think it will be faster than MSAA on a 200 series card

bascially what im saying is..the kepler cards have performance to spare..they can cope running extra high resolutions with TXAA maxed out... fermi is a different story...its got just enough performance to run high res with standard AA (some games even need AA disabled to get a decient fps)..theres no headroom left as the card is already performing close to its maximum.. adding a power hungry routine..that needs an extra fast gpu system will bring fermi to its knees..

19. GotNoRice

GotNoRice Active Member

GPU:
    4080 RTX
    I'll get excited about this feature when I can enable it from the control panel and have it apply to all of my games.

20. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    FXAA hardy affects fps on my sli 580 and my single 480 in another rig.