Important video, people should take 25mins out of their life and watch this.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by harkinsteven, Jul 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
  2. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    First world nations have all had their hand in this creation of a small group of incredibly wealthy people who can buy anything they want, including governments.

Honestly, It's probably too late to stop it. The necessary laws to prevent further abuse aren't going to happen.

3. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    i watched about 15 seconds and lost interest. lol

4. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I made 28 secs

5. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Oh God, here we go. Wall Street is full of blame, don't get me wrong.

But Wall Street wouldn't have been nearly so stupid if Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac weren't a clearing house for ****ty, money-losing, loans.

Hindsight's perfect, for both sides. Fannie Mae never should have (by virtue of the affordable housing initiatives) been giving loans to the people they gave to. Lenders never should have stopped doing due diligence to their borrowers.

But the way it worked out? Lenders had someone to sell to. All they had to do was secure the loan, make it happen, package it up and sell it. And for most of the selling, Fannie Mae was right there to purchase.

To put it in perspective, in 2008, Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac, who had an implicit backing by the US government, owned or guaranteed half the home loans in the US.

Half. When there's a fake market like that, backed by the US government, people are going to try to sell to it. It was a horrible idea, and a terrible mistake that's been expensive to learn, but it wouldn't have happened if the goal of ensuring, not just housing but a house for every family hadn't been undertaken.

6. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    The point of the video had little to do with this. It's about 1% of America owning 93% of the total wealth of the country, and are using it to buy politicians for pennies on the dollar. That Supreme court ruling that bribing is okay by corporations is basically proof of this.

7. bigpipe

bigpipe Watson Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 1080
    MMM, video thread or political thread?

If your going to post stuff like this at least have the courage to explain why you think we must watch it or don't post it at all.

When I see people toss stuff like this up in the pub I always get the feeling they just sit back and watch others fight it out while they eat popcorn and enjoy the show.

I did watch most of it.. I won't discuss my opinion on it because last time I checked political threads are not allowed.

8. Anfield82

Anfield82 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7970
  9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lol .. same here!

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    The US Government is corrupt.... It's been known for a long time. Sadly, there aren't enough people with the balls to fight back.

11. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    See this kind of response is exactly why they get away with what they are doing. To be honest you deserve to be robbed blind if you do nothing about it. They are stealing ALL the wealth of the world and you don't care. Its bloody sickening.

12. Salsoolo

Salsoolo Active Member

GPU:
    gtx 690
    i know im not an economist :D
    but this sh** wont remain too long,im talking 5-10 years, i know because it simply cant.
    if more people dont make enough income/or any it should turn ugly and ultimately it is the top 1% who'll start to lose, or maybe im wrong? :)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  13. Anfield82

Anfield82 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7970
    Do you want me to go and occupy Wall Street?

14. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    There aren't enough people left like Sanders unfortunately.

15. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Good to see people having something valuable to contribute to this thread. A bit of a political thread, but hey, lets try to keep it clean and so.

I'll continue this, watched: 25min 18seck.

But I have to say that I agree about investing into schooling. Nothing wrong about some people owning more than others. Ritchest people pay loads of taxes even tho they get tax cuts. Still, I think that those tax cuts should be given to everyone equally, not just to ritchest ones (not sure how it is/was at the States as I dont follow it very closely).

Registering company somewhere and paying less or no tax is somewhat questionable... But on the other hand these stock market companies then make more money which goes also to midle class and so on (mostly to ritchest people still I think). At this point no one should be given tax cuts imho, financical problems are everywhere and those should be fixed.

I was not happy to see quite a bit of cash just disappear from me when those stocks went down. I'm a student, doing OK I suppose but still, could have used that to something, like to buy a house at some point, you know, less loan from bank... :(

16. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    The US operates on the premise of "the rich get richer, the poor get poorer"....which is what the government wants. The "middle-class"....which is rapidly disappearing, pays the highest % of wages in taxes. The riches, since they're the ones running everything, pay the lowest % of wages in taxes. Here's an idea as to how bad taxes are for the "middle-class" in some areas. I've lost almost 1/3 of my pay for the year, (so far) to taxes...

17. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Opposite here. The more you make the higher tax you pay. These are wages per year.

15 200€ – 22 600€ = 6,5% tax
    22 600€ – 36 800€ = 17,5% tax
    36 800€ – 66 400€ = 21,5% tax
    66 400€ or more = 30,0% tax

Cant say that I agree with this system. Flat tax would be better, lower tax (VAT) on food and other supplies + fuel + electronics/etc and put some on stock market taxes to supplement the lost income. No idea how well that would work out but just got that idea. :)

18. bigpipe

bigpipe Watson Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 1080

Here is the us tax schedule. Contray to what some people want to believe, here in the US the more you make the more you pay also. Even with deductions most people pay more when they make more. Ya some can beat the system and don't pay that full 35%. Flat tax would fix that but it would probably hurt the lower end of income earners.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040tt.pdf

This might be easier

http://www.obliviousinvestor.com/2012-tax-brackets/

19. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    irs.gov, I thought first that it was some Irish government site, hah :) Damn, already 5am and it's starting to show.

Anyways, so it's the same system as in Finland.

EDIT: Thanks for that other link but found those percentages from page 13 (aka page 86) from that first link :)

20. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    what did you think would happen? of course, esp when you consider a country like the US, you're going to have an incredibly small amount of people that will control ridiculous amounts of money and be able to do w/e they want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.