Where do I download the latest atiman uninstaller?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Moopsta, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Moopsta

Moopsta Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 7690M XT
    I heard I need this, where can I get the latest version?

2. popeye

popeye Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 730M
    Using Driver Sweeper and CCleaner in safe mode actually works as good if not better in most cases but here ya go: http://www.mediafire.com/?0jdko53gk5npzo0

Some folks have reported the new atiman totally breaking inf files for their chipsets. Be warned is all.

3. skigeno

skigeno Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 470 1280 mb
    Where can I get the Driver Sweeper.Thanks

4. Witcher

Witcher Guest

GPU:
    Intel
    Do not install latest atiman. It has corrupted my windows and broke some inf files related to driver.

5. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    latest atiman is smooth and truly fast uninstaller as always and it doesn't need anything else as it used to be a year ago...it's more safe than driver sweeper...

Driver sweeper always made me tons of problems....and a couple of restarts more...before starting next installation...

Just run it as administrator in ( A ) automatic mode...it's the best and most complete removal ever...you will feel like a new os is installed...

Don't trust some opinions here, it's like the driver thing...amd's drivers are not good etc...i never experienced a single problem since 11.X branch...peace

6. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    i agree with perosmct, driver sweeper has not properly uninstalled ati drivers/reg entries in the past, atiman has always fixed evey issue ive had.

single gpu however, ymmv.

7. popeye

popeye Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 730M
    Wow! These testimonials are all over the place. Hard to tell a person what to do. I have read people post on other forums that atiman hosed their system. Conspiracy?

8. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    it only hoses AMD systems, and he fixes it with 7.0.2 supposedy

i have intel, so i cant verify that

dunno, its always done well for me for the past year or so...

try it, if it stinks, try something else...

its pretty idiot proof, which is one of the reasons i like it...

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  9. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Ha-ha, yeah, sure...you brought up a DS issue which has been fixed a long time ago and consider it unsafe, while if it's Atiman you just shrugged it off since it doesn't affect you.

@Moopsta
    For latest Atiman Uninstaller, you can get it from here.
    It's the original link, but it's in Greek, and you have to register first in order to see the download link.
    Anyway, here's for 6.3.1, and here's for 7.0.2.
    Those are Atiman's links, not mine.

10. DjDiabolik

DjDiabolik Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GT720
    i ever used and i never obtain this problems............. otherwise it's possibile to use the same setup from ATI to uninstall previous driver, after that in safe mode use DriverSweeper and after install newest driver.

11. John Larsen

John Larsen Banned

GPU:
    hd5970
    Not true in last version 7.0.2.

Note:
    The older versions has problem only with amd chipset.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  12. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    I used to use DS, it stopped doing what i wanted it to, i switched to atiman.

when atiman stops doing what i want it to, ill switch to something else

i have no particualr allegiance or fanboism to one particular utility, its just the one i currently use.

13. Bhudda

Bhudda Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia FE 3070
    why not try it yourself if you do not believe people?

after which you can post your experiences.

14. Bhudda

Bhudda Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia FE 3070
    is 7.0.2. the latest buddy?

I'm going to try this also as driver sweeper and cc cleaner do not imo properly delete catalyst as when I re-install after a clean install method some features especially catalyst overscan is always missing. I'm hoping that atiman will fix it when I install the june 26th beta drivers

15. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It is, unless Atiman updated it in less than 24 hours after I last checked it.

Personally I never use one cleaner (like DS) and be done with it.
    CCleaner also won't clean as much as DS, even with CCEnhancer.

What I always do is boot into Safe Mode when asked to reboot after an uninstallation, uninstall the Standard VGA from Device Manager, run TwL's (genetix) cleaner, run DS, refresh Device Manager so Standard VGA is installed again, and reboot normally to install the driver set I want to try.
    I use Atiman's only after testing out some custom driver set like TwL's, DNA, or Xtreme-G where its uninstaller is sometimes a bit dodgy.
    Not exactly a fan of Atiman's since it forces me to disable UAC, but it does have its uses.

In any case, never rely on CCleaner to specifically clean Catalyst remnants.
    It's not that the app itself is not good, it's just not suited for this certain task.

16. hitman1303

hitman1303 Member Guru

GPU:
    7950 3 gig dead!
    So am i doing the uninstall right of AMD Drivers.

1. Uninstall AMD cataylist all drivers and reboot
    2. Go Safe mode. Run DS and CC Cleaner. Reboot
    3. Install fresh drivers

Now i just downloaded latest ATI Man, where would this step go in the process and is it worth running all three cleaners? Any thing i missed?

17. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    atiman is one stop shopping, you just run it, and it does everything for you, including nessisary reboots.

you use it INSTEAD of uninstalling, safemode, and DS.

18. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Atiman Uninstaller is pretty much a "nuke it from orbit, just to be sure" thing for Catalyst installation.
    I rarely use it lest it's for something nerve-wrecking like marthand's earlier (or first?) leaks in Guru3D, and there's not so much use for it lately.

TwL's cleaner & DS (3.2.0) are all I use, with the occasional CCleaner if I need it to be that clean.
    Driver Fusion is actually maintained by the same guy as Driver Sweeper (whose website will redirect you to Driver Fusion's website anyway), but ironically DS still manages to delete one or two things that DF can't; e.g. DF found a registry entry (usually the legacy entry) to delete, but only DS managed to properly delete it.

19. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Along with nuking Windows installs as well :)

I've used atiman once, and it made my Windows install non-bootable. Here is the method I uninstall drivers with:

Express uninstall with AMD's CIM
    Reboot
    Driver Fusion (in normal boot)
    CCleaner
    Reboot
    Driver Fusion (in normal boot again; just to check for any remaining files)

20. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    That issue with the windows nuke was an old version, and it only effected AMD systems, as it whiped the INF files for the chipset drivers...

That bug has been fixed for a long time...

I havent the patience for all that manual/DS/CCleaner non-sense...

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012