New driver HD4000 series ?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by greghostor, Jun 25, 2012.

1. greghostor

greghostor New Member

GPU:
    RTX 9080 Ti Super
    New driver HD4000 series

Will appear in the new drivers for 4xxx cards ? Version 12.4 is the latest for these cards ?

Sorry english ;) (google translate)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  2. kevsamiga1974

kevsamiga1974 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Driver support for 4xxx and below was culled from 12.4b onwards. Not just cut from the .inf but the actual code removed in the drivers itself from what I can ascertain.

The update "legacy" driver which was supposed to be based on 8.97 (12.5) is still as yet to be officially released for our tentative 4 times a year support.

Beyond that, unless you've been living under a rock, everyone with every card series is now beta testing lol....no more monthly WHQL releases for anyone so you'll get it "when it's done" or the devs source more typewriters, monkeys, and whomping sticks...

:)

3. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Yup, no support for them after 12.4, you will get driver updates eventually but it will be way slower than before.
    Anyway, I bet that 12.4 drivers are working flawlessly with 4000 series cards. Just install latest CAPs for new game support !

4. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    12.4 certainly isn't "flawless" for 4xxx series not yet....Not by any stretch of the english language. CrossfireX idle clocks are still stuffed as they have been since 12.3 amongst other various issues with glitches in games and apps. The exact reason I'm still on 12.2 preview.

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    you could download the 12.6 beta. tried it for my 4870x2 yesterday. unfortunately it still has the 3d clockbug which had returned after months. pretty sure amd wont give a **** about it now. so im running 11.12 atm which seemed best unless i wanted to revert to 10.5 again :(

6. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Actually nothing wrong with 11.12 WHQL package from what I experienced although it's quite a slower driver compared to 11.11c or 12.1 preview with the performance improvements listed on benchmark sites.

Pardon my ignorance but I'm curious to know how you got 12.6 beta working on a 4870x2. There isn't even a 4000 series section in the .inf file unless i'm happening to be downloading or installing the wrong 12.6 package.

7. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    ......aaaaa..

How did u get the 12.6 to install in the 4000 serise GPU.... ??? wll i did tried it my self.. but i had to replace 4 files then only it detected my GPU . . !!!

8. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    for single gpu setups it is. i don't get weird clocks after some nice reg cleanup. i was having it before.

9. DjDiabolik

DjDiabolik Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GT720
    Hey boys.... someone here have try to install 12.6 on ATI HD4xxx ??

I have a HD4650... the install of ATI 12.6 it's ok but at the restart i continue to obtain the VGA Default driver and AMD Control Center has no obtain option!

What's the latest driver i can install for this Graphics card ??

10. rno

rno Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4890 1GB

11. DjDiabolik

DjDiabolik Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GT720
  12. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Great drivers those 8.97s, worked fine for me on a 7970.

13. DjDiabolik

DjDiabolik Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GT720
    Ok.. download and try to install......

*EDIT*
    It's possibly to use Ati Tray Tools or it's better to continue to install Ati CCC??

14. ecth

ecth New Member

GPU:
    HIS HD4890
    I think they might release this "last one" for legacy cards (like mine D:) that was anounced to become a 12.5 with the Windows 8 final release. I mean would you release a final driver for a beta product?
    When Windows 8 arrives, they'll release the one and only last driver for legacy cards, the community won't have a reason to complain and AMD didn't have too much work with it (and the driver might be still an old 9.7xx or something. As long as it works more or less bugfree...)

15. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti

16. KodY

KodY Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280X Vapor-X
    I'm still on TwL's modified 10.11 drivers, since all the new ones from AMD are causing weird shadow flickering in BF2. Since that will never get fixed - I reported it with every new Catalyst release - I'll probably have to stay with them until my card dies/I get a new one.