DayZ

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by korn666, May 16, 2012.

1. Wanny

Wanny Guest

It was a guy that shot me. I was totally seeing him but I never knew that bullets were going through windows. -_-

2. Synapzz

Synapzz Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 6950 1G
    i'm going to stop playing this game until they fix the zombies... they can see through houses and fences while i'm prone, dumb.

3. DF-1

DF-1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 580
    Is there a place I can see weapon comparisions? never played arma 2 so im not sure when to switch them when i find them.

currently I have an enfield with ~ 6 magazines.

also, how do i repair broken bones? it seems to not wear off, and I can only crawl? (pretty much dead?)

4. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    Well I can tell you the enfield is probably the best commonly found weapon to kill players with, very accurate, barely any bullet drop and kills in 1 hit.

I wouldn't recommend using it againts zombies thogh, since it's so loud it'll attract every zombie in the area

5. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    You need morphine to fix broken bones.

6. MainframeTM

MainframeTM Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX Titan 6144MB
    To add to this I have a couple questions as well. I've been playing for over a week now but still feel like a total noob. On one of the 1st days I happened apon a tent and got fully stocked but died due to no water. A few things I've noticed is that the inventory system is crazy confusing due to when you open it up you see the items you have & the items that you can pick up. I've noted that the ones you don't already have in your inventory are brighter then what you already have so I've fumbled thru that. Now however I'm running around with no weapons and just a flash light that I can't ever seem to get to work. The gun I kn ow I gotta find but have yet to find anything other then ammo.

I tend to stay prone most days while playing and have had several players run past me balls out due to having a horde behind them so I'm trying for the sneaky route. However when I do get up and start moving I end up setting off a zombie. Thou I've noticed it's usually not one close to me..just one that comes from way off right after me. Only have have I "broken" contact with a zombie by ducking behind a rock and then bugging out the other side while it got to the other side of the rock. But all in all I'm still @ once seen it's only a matter of time before I'm done.

Also I've went into the options and copied down the controls but I've noticed several buttons do nothing in Dayz so I assume the game may have it's own controls thats not listed in the game options. Am I wrong in this?

All in all it's a great mod, i'm loving it but everyone I've shown it too asks "whats the point"? I say to survive and each one isn't a fan. I am thou agree it would be good if it did have one. Thou someone should make a Stalker version cause the whole "world" fits the Stalker universe.

Also on open mic in game can only the people near you hear you or is it server wide? I ask this b/c I saw a couple guys go running past and heard them talking but the further away they went the quieter they got.

7. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The best server I've found thus far is US5. I get a ping of 31 or better, they are GMT -11, so I can play late at night in daylight, side chat still works, 3rd person is available (though I don't care either way) and they must have some good hardware, as I get 60 fps most of the time. They also have Teamspeak 3, which i hope to get going this week. If you logon and see "Drunk in Cherno" in the lobby, that'd be me (though I'm usually not drunk, and usually not in Cherno). :)

I'm definitely up for meeting up with some other Gurus, however. Just name the server and time and I'll try to join you.

8. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    If using "Direct Communication", only people in the immediate area can hear you. Check the faq on the site for specifics. Using Side Channel or Global is a no-no from what I understand. Of course, others are using Teamspeak, Ventrillo, Mumble, or other means of communication.

9. Wanny

Wanny Guest

So far I've been playing in servers NY7, NY8 or US 10 chicago. I'll look into US 5. As long as it is Veteran.

10. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Man been having a blast, played for 3 hours straight. Found camo suit etc and good rifle with 4 mags.
    And swimming in food/drinks and bandages, my whole inventory was full.

But then i came across an mister not nice guy and wounded me. I did get away but i lost too much blood and it became unplayable (heart beating+blurry screen).

Btw, i found a way to get rid of zombies chasing you. Quick disconnect and log back in :D
    Seems to be working everyime, and think i'll do it when a player is trying to kill me.

Might make my own private server, cause in this type of games i'd like to play alone.
    I dont mind play with other players, but most of them kill you -.-

11. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    That is an exploit and not allowed.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=8029

12. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Gentlemen, I'll be on server US 5 in about an hour or so. Hit me up via side chat if you want to team up for a bit. I'll be on headset as well, just using in-game direct communication for the time being.

Name is "Drunk in Cherno", and please don't be alarmed at my horrid complexion. It's hereditary... :wanker:

[​IMG]

13. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I was playing ARMA2FREE Dynamic Zombie Mod and just wanted to relate to the bandits situation. Its there too... Had a convoy of 6 people with 8-10 cars fueled up waiting to pickup newbs and teamplayers, then a bandit in doctor skin (I think) sets up satchel on the gas container and blows all of us, guns, gear and the vehicles to kingdom come... :3eyes:

Shock, anger then hilarious laughter erupts... of course, we spent the rest of the game paranoid trying to hunt down this bast a r d... lol...

And since I'm the only one in my gaming group playing ARMA2FREE - waiting for ARMA3, I won't play DayZ until I can get a coop team together to play.

I like the idea of bandits, but don't want to be one of them. Not my nature. It does make the game that much more interesting. :D

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  14. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    ^
    No, it's not in my nature to shoot first either, but I'm sure I'll come around if I keep getting shot. :)

I'm in-game right now and apparently US5 has shut down the side-chat. I'll be in Polana, grocery shopping, for the time being if you'd like to join. If you get close enough, you should be able to reach me via "direct communication", chat or mic.

15. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Uncle Dude,

We have no problems hunting down bandits. I think that is actually fairly fun especially since DZM allows you to spawn with military grade weapons. :D Just that DZM game has no saves or persistance but a good way to kill a few hours.

Also, curious what type of FPS are you getting with your rig and maxed out settings? In A2F, I drop down to 20-22 FPS out in the open looking down on Chero from the northern mountain.

All settings very high including post processing/blur, no ingame AA, SMAA injector on high, and default distance.

I know A2:CO has hires textures so wonder about the performance impact.

16. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I have played very little of the base game, so it's hard to say. When I was first setting it up and working through the tutorials, I set everything to max, backed off the post-effects (for taste), turned off in-game AA, and applied driver level FXAA (I may experiment with SMAA when I get a chance). This allowed me to maintain 60 fps most of the time, though I believe any dips were engine related, as cpu/gpu usage rarely exceeded 50%. Of course, a full-scale game would up those numbers dramatically. The game is installed on a Vertex 3 SSD and hyperthreading is on.

My trip to Polana was fruitful. There were zombies on the fringe, but strangely, I encountered none in town. The supermarket and a nearby barn were loaded. I got a .45 ACP, Alice pack, tons of ammo, food and drink. That market was the last place I got shot, so the paranoia was thick and my head was on a swivel as I was filling my backpack. Whew....

edit - My cpu is at stock. I only run my OC profiles when needed.

17. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Thanks for the info. I was talking about Dynamic Zombie Mod in my post above but get the same performance even on Multiplayer games with a few players.

I tried all the AA options for ARMA2FREE and performance/quality balance wise, SMAA was the best. Forcing MSAA or SSAA via drivers can look better but the performance hit was fairly hard for this game with long view distance. SMAA on HIGH was better than FXAA (injected) or MLAA 2.0 (ATI drivers) quality wise for me. SMAA on ultra starts to blur parts of the screen just like FXAA/MLAA.

18. Deathspank

Deathspank Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    i'd love to team up but my dayz has stopped working. just get the connection error now, i must be missing something simple. i'll have another look tonight.

19. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Sure, it's not for everyone. Some people like checkpoints, achievements, bosses, clearly stated objectives and other traditional forms of gameplay, and so do I, but I like this mod because the only objectives are the ones you set for yourself. In that way, I suppose it's like Minecraft. Some guys team up and gather parts to repair, buses, cars, and helis, create a base of operations, tent cities etc. Others play "Bear Grylls Simulator 2012" and hole up in the woods, hunting for food while avoiding human contact altogether. It's what you make of it.

For instance, I currently have an Alice Pack stuffed with all I need to survive for a while, so I was thinking of my next goal. Then it hit me: My blood level is at 9500 from a few zombie encounters, so I'm going to hunt, cook, and eat until my blood is back to 12,000. In the process, any number of events could happen, which could lead me to my next goal. I like that.

20. MainframeTM

MainframeTM Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX Titan 6144MB
    I totally feel you there. Last night I was skulking thru the grass and happened apon a building with a open door. Right as I try to go thru the door 4 Walkers come out with 2 behind them of the hopping kind. I spent the next long while having tense moment after tense moment trying to make my away out of there. It was great. Still no weapon but I found some flares. lol