NVIDIA GeForce 304.48 Beta Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, Jun 18, 2012.

1. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    i have just finish tried it on an SSD i have just bough to install a linux...

so... for now just test those driver

on a blank install windows 7 x64 7600 + NVidia beta = reboot instead of shut down

on a blank install windows 7 x64 7600 + SP1 update (M$ update) + NVidia beta = reboot instead of shut down

on a blank install windows 7 x64 SP1 7601 + NVidia beta = shut down normaly

on a blank install windows 7/8 Alpha x64 7685 + NVidia beta = reboot instead of shut down

i am confident on NVidia, and pushing the power button on beta driver it's not too boring

2. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 Ventus 3X
    you know what, the pre-rendered thing did cross my mind, because I always set it to 1. was too lazy to test higher values, but if this is a sacrifice I have to make, then I think I'll pass. thanks for the hint though !

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Battlefield 3 doesn't use PhysX or Havok, nether does Deus EX HR so not sure why that would help either of those games.

I just noticed that i have no info in the NVCP, as well as a random reboot in BF3, not sure if it was a co-incidence or not, will do a proper uninstall and clean and see if anything changes.
    Also noticed the Windows 8 folder thing, so does make you wonder if while this is released as W7 driver, that Nvidia did more testing on W8 which could account for the issues some are getting.

4. calderes

calderes Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 2Gb +170/+500
    Regarding Civ V

NOTE: I do not have the latest DLC Gods and Kings but I have all of the others.

DX11 worked for two turns then crashed (with previous drivers never crashed - ever).
    DX9 will not get past intro movies without a crash.

I have not tried swapping out the physx package though some have said this has fixed other problems (Deus Ex 1fps bug and something about BF3 in sli though BF3 plays great for me with these 304 drivers and a single gtx 680.)

5. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Setting the prerendered frames to Application controlled has fixed the DX11 1 FPS bug i was getting with most DX11 games I tried.

6. scaramonga

scaramonga Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 W/C
    Definite no go with Civ V these drivers, more so with new DLC.

7. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Perfect or better not it seems to be really somewhere on the lower levels

whats your hardware exactly :) ?

btw really thx also testing without the SP1 and those results are interesting

harkinsteven

Could you specify for which Game exactly and if Deus EX HR DX11 or CIV5 DX 11 under them and if yes what's your V-sync Setup Ingame and in Profile for those (was AERO enabled) ?

So we can assume now most had it set on different then default settings and that caused the problems and crashes with the recent Nvidia Code changes in case for DX11 Civ 5 and Deus EX HR ?

This change would @ least make much more sense then the Physx thing though i still don't know why changing Physx fixed the 1 Fps DX11 Deus EX HR issue for PhazeDelta1 that really still confuses me (it makes no sense).

8. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    intel Q9550 @ 4.2ghz
    EVGA NV 780i FTW
    corsair dominator 8gig 1066 DDR2
    Asus 590GTX x2 in SLI
    System on 2 corsair SSD (Linux + Windows 7)
    HD raid 10 for Data
    watercool (to keep the 780 at a right temp, i should have get the 790 but DDR3 was too expensive at this time :banana: LOL)

all driver setting out of the box

btw exept this power button bug i have no other issue that is in this thread

9. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Though most user should be in the Win 7 SP1 state 7001 so the shutdown issues those experience might come from some 3rd party installed software indeed maybe even a Microsoft Update after it (in that case i might probably also experience the shutdown problem).

When you updated to SP1 (7001) via MS Update did you only installed SP1 or also any update after it ?

Could you try SP1 preinstalled and then update everything via MS Update i guess the result will be shut down fails ?

Did you tried Win 8 Developer and Consumer preview also ;) ?

Also Bios Version numbers of GFX Card (both) and Mainboard would be nice

Though for now i would say the trigger is some MS Update after SP1 that fails with the current Nvidia code might be because of the Win 8 preparation, that's why it would have been nice to see a Developer and Consumer Preview result of the Beta drivers shutdown behavior on your Machine (Alpha result doesn't say much it shifts more in the Win7 SP1 + full updates region).

I guess it's indeed a bug in Nvidias Driver between the WIn 7 shut down and Win 8 shut down procedure (though this problem will be found @ WHQL testing immidietly so it makes not much sense for us to invest time into it but just wait ;) ).

10. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I can't confirm this SSF4AE problem with GTX570. SSF4AE works pefectly except I can't patch the damn game. Everytime the patch restarts the game I just get a black-screen, although, GFWL is working and I can see it as normal. Just the game doesn't work. If I shut-down the .exe then the patch doesn't seem to have applied and I need to patch again which doesn't work.

11. SashaX

SashaX Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX TITAN @ 1150 MHz
    I was getting crazy with that reboot issue. :bang:
    Lets hope they fix it soon, its so annoying.

12. fluxcapacitor81

fluxcapacitor81 Member

GPU:
    GigabyteGTX670@1200/6600
    This is good...gives me hope since I'm not the only one with issues in Civ V. What exactly did you experience in it using these drivers? As I've said for me it's that when animated leaderheads are enabled, the game becomes a crash fest. To be clear though, it only crashes on those screens, the leaderheads. Disabling them to static screens fixes it, no more crashing.

13. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    As long as you don't see that the System didn't shutdown correct @ reboot it's not really something problematic annoying yes a liitle maybe but who really shut downs his system these days instead of hibernating (Save Energy option) and then powers it off i never use shutdown anymore since moving from XP to Win 7 and in Win 8 it is even more efficient ;)

Or is Hibernating (Save Energy) also affected and reboots ?

14. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    With an SSD there's little use for hibernation, especially with larger amounts of RAM. I don't have the shutdown bug and I always turn off my system completely.

15. imthelumberjack

imthelumberjack Guest

GPU:
    2x 580gtx sli
    Anybody else having a problem with downsampling? I can set a higher custom resolution and the desktop will work fine, but games will not go higher than 1920x1080 in options. Did not have this problem with the previous drivers.

16. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    yes now SP1 is the 1st download you get after installing Windows 7

i cannot test update on SP1 preinstaled because i have already set my Linux distro on the SSD

about Windows 8 dev and consumer preview (the Vista for 7 user lol) it crash and do enough odd thing to have kept a copy of it...

about the GPU bios is the original Asus 590GTX bios (based on ...-01) moded and reflash at 580 speed spec on both card

17. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Nah Win 7 is not that bad though some Details improved in 8 especially in the GPU Rendering Parts (Performance and Latency, Finally Premptiveness for the GPU) had to be done for the Mobile move who knows it would have come without the ARM needed efficiency improvements that early ;)
    But of course "Microsoft is full of ****" Quote: "Linus Torvalds" though you should take a look @ http://haiku-os.org/ it could become the next Linux ;)

18. Foonus

Foonus Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 2070SC
    Diablo III issues introduced

Driver fixes several issues for the Asus GTX580 Matrix (pre overclocked) cards in SLI.

However introduced new issue with Diablo III.

When changing areas via portal you come out on the other side yet the screen image has not changed.. you can hear the sounds of a successful telaprort and the game keeps playing yet you are still stuck on the pre-telaport screen.

Alt+Tabing out of the game and back in seems to fix this, strangely enough, but its more than an inconvenience to be doing this after every telaport.

19. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    This driver is a no go on my system.

Random TDR's browsing the auction house in Diablo 3, started the day I installed these beta drivers. today it TDR'ed twice then locked the pc up solid browsing auctions. had to do a reset to get the system back. Too bad really, these drivers where pretty smooth.

Went back to the 301.24 beta, had the least issues with them. And the TDR's stopped.

Does anybody have a recommendation for decent drivers for the GTX460? It seems the newer drivers are all optimized for the 6XX series cards. Not liking the direction the 3xx.xx drivers are going.

Thank you in advance.

20. jez_uk1

jez_uk1 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Causing World of Warcraft to randomly close without warning. A friend is seeing the same problem.

I've ditched this driver