intel i3 vs AMD FX-4100

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by mr_scarface, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    And the fact idk a damn thing he is saying. Google translate would probably do a better job

Lol i love it when people talk trash behind their screen. They never have the balls to do anything in the real world.

:ban:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  2. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    A threat is a threat. And he's trolling in a thread giving false info that the OP can see. OP I suggest starting a new thread.

3. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Worry not gents, I believe I know what is going on here.

[​IMG]

4. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    I said, when you showing no respect to other persons with different opinions not same as yours, and trying to show yourself as all knowing, when in fact you know nothing (except what is told to you), and thanks to your ego you start to insult someone, or put yourself above someone (and you are not, just to be clear...), then most logical reaction from that person is to show you where is your place (if is next to you). Nothing to say more here. But, it is OK, you have to learn to use your own head, and most people go to retirement not able to do that, i guess it is just the way it goes...

Why you mention google translate so much? Try to explain something on foreign language that you didn't learned at all in school (learned on fly, in life...). Google translate is mot inaccurate peace of sh** i ever saw.

I was not the first one who did insult someone. And I'm very open to meet you, come at any time you wish, and show your "balls" please...

That didn't happened.

Yet, had to google to saw what you talked about, very funny, but i didn't bothered to read at all.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012

5. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    this is a threat. prove your case with valid links or GTFO IS NOT AN INSULT, either prove you case or move along, that is not an insult either. the fx like is a cluster **** plain and simple. should of been scrapped but amd poured so much coin into it and had to release it ready or not. the 13 if faster at gaming than an fx4700 plain and simple. you even proved it yourself and stating people with 2500k not going to sli, is BS too. I had my 2500k in this rig a bit at 5ghz and it pushed my cards very easily. high framerates in gpu heavy games and high framerates in cpu limited games. I await your 3000 word response not saying I am going to read it all. and OP I implore you to start a new thread if you have any more quiestions, we will be glad to help

6. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    That's not a threat, that's just what it is, and that's what would happen with your type of explaining. When you say GTFO, that's definite insult, or move along, both of them show, and you give yourself something that you don't have when you said that. I think i did that, few times... for people that can read, it is enough, i can see you know how to read, so i don't need to repeat myself, go few pages back, and see it again. I saw only one review whre is that "proved", but it shows only average FPS, and that means nothing when gaming. I did showed some links of actual gameplay,. and i did offer to show me just one link where gameplay is smooth on i3, i get response, that's BS etc.... configurations are different bla bla... but yet, didn't get even one link.

This is threat: "I will come and kick your a** you f*** ret**" etc. And there is more then just direct insults, or direct threats. I didn't used direct threats, but you did (and that's your manner) used indirect insults. I don't know if you are aware of that (i guess you are, and you know very good what you doing), and i don't like when someone acting like that. And if someone close to me, start to act like that, i give him a warning to stop, if he continue, then, i have no other option or to insult back (don't like that) or to punch him in face... That's what i said.

But here is a problem. You are just the right type of consumer for this type of market, thanks to your job, place, school... etc. you didn't had opportunity to see it yourself how that market works, and on what is based. I know, if not all, most of the tricks and scams that are used (again, not because I'm superman..., but because i had opportunity trough jobs, school, life, place ... etc. to see it myself). So, because you don't know all the facts about how industry in general works, i understand your attitude (which is wrong to use it like that). And thanks to that you don't know that, you can't understand what I'm saying. Plain and simple (as you like to say it, and that's also another insult, indirect, showing that i need simplicity and you have to go down on mine level to explain to me). So, it is quite hard to me to explain anything to you, when you blocking with walls around yourself, and using that type of conversation, that might be usual in your Country (i doubt, i have relatives there, born there etc, same as yours come to US 200-300 years ago or latter, relatively new Country), but it isn't here.

And i will not try anymore, as i said, i will let you believe what you want to believe, you let me believe what i want, bot don't choose instead of OP, let him see all opinions, and, let him choose what he think is the right one. That's the attitude i talk about, you can't choose for others, and you can't forbid any other option, no matter how strong you disagree with it.

I do understand if you have that type of attitude only to me, or some persons, but that is again, thanks to your lack of knowledge, not mine. And you can hate me as much as you wish, i don't hate anyone, but i will not allow someone who have 0 experience compared to me to talk to me about right and wrong etc. And again, it is not your fault, nor mine, it is just play of luck (I'm really trying hard for you not to understand in the wrong way...).

Time will tell, let's leave it at your statement, and mine, and see it in future.

7. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Just block him. Quite annoying when people dont understand or swallow their pride when they are wrong. He continues to ramble and spits out wrong info. Just skimming through his huge paragraphs read average fps does not matter, what kind of bs is that? More crap.

Im guessing he is a raging amd fanboy that wont accept the i3 is faster. Also rambling about "how the industry works"? Seriously wtf, the OP was which cpu is faster. Hes just digging a deeper hole. Maybe an amd troll would go through this much trouble, idk

8. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    If youa sk which CPU is faster per, FX-4170 is faster than any i3 CPU. End of story. While FX-4100 is slower then both i3-2120/2130 by very small margin.

I didn't expected from you to understand anything. And seriously..., now i do understand why forums goes down. Bye bye Intel "fanboys"...

Can't wait to see your way of thinking in years to come ;). Quite happy for that to be honest, at least you will learn something. If it isn't funny it would be sad.

9. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Like I said, you are hell bent on getting the FX-4170 and nothing anyone, including me, can say will dissuade you from getting it; no matter how many benchmarks or facts we throw at you.

So like I also said earlier, go ahead; I'm sure you will be very happy with the FX-4170 and it will run your games just fine. No one here is paid by Intel (unfortunately :( ) to keep arguing with you to get an i3-2120 instead, despite the fact that it's faster and cheaper.

And like I said, it's not just this forum; any forum worth its salt is going to tell you the same thing :
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/344278-31-overclocked-4170-6100-intel-core

10. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    Ok. Let's end it here, as i said, i have more reasons not to get Intel then just performance, and, not to mention all other things, i will not argue, there is no use also, you know what you know, you base yourself on reviews, i don't. Ive always been happy with AMD and ATI, always had problems with nVidia, and never really liked Intel. And that's not "fanboysm" but knowing some facts not related to CPU only, but to CORP. also. And, as i said, future will tell more then you and me. Cheers.

11. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I've always had problems with Nvidia too.

What about when the Athlon 64 was SUPERIOR to the Pentium 4, in every way, yet people still blindly bought the Pentium 4 instead of getting the Athlon. Remember the original socket 478 Pentium 4's? people say AMD are bad for releasing the FX processor vs the previous architecture, yet Intel did the same thing with the Pentium 4 vs the Pentium 3.

What about the sheep that wanted something 'cheap' and still spent more on an original Celeron then what they could have bought an Athlon for? The original Celerons were so chronically bad performing they struggled even to load notepad... and no, I'm not exaggerating, they were a crippled processor as it was, and on top of that they had no L2 cache and barely any L1 cache.

Now we come to the Core i5 etc. Sure, the processor performs well, but look at the chipset. Intel by cheaping out on only providing 2 SATA3 ports means the motherboard companies have to add a third party chip for more SATA3 ports - adding to the final cost to the consumer. What about the TIM used on the new Ivy Bridge processors? Intel are hardly superior, they just have the faster mainstream tech.

Now it comes to budget computers. To overclock on the Intel's you need what? the z77 motherboads? all the budget motherboards can't overclock?... when you take everything into consideration, I still stand by the claim the Athlon A10-5800K will be faster than the i3, even on a budget motherboard that only has support for 8 SATA3 ports on the chipset.

Adding a discrete card like the GTX 580 and saying the i5 performs better than the APU's with the GTX 580 is absolute idiotic - if you buy a budget computer you aren't going to be using a high end CPU.

A real budget computer would have to rely on the APU itself for graphics, and if you want something a little better graphically, a low end discrete GPU to work in concert with it.

THAT is the EXACT point of this thread isn't it? why are people saying a top end CPU is better than the budget one? of course it bloody is you idiot! and that brings us back on topic. For budget computers go AMD APU's, for high end Intel i5/i7.

12. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Well depending on what motherboard that the OP decides to get if it supports other processors he could upgrade at a later date. Doesnt matter if he goes with AMD or Intel because there are some motherboards out there that support different processors on the same board.

13. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    what?

14. smashly

smashly Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 560ti / GTX 670
    Um, maybe back in the year 19XX when socket 370 was all the rage and you could use an Intel or AMD in the same board.
    But those days are gone I'm afraid.
    Where have you been hiding lad..lol

Or have I misunderstood your post?

15. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    [​IMG]

16. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    Yeah, that's one of the points. Since prices are different from place to place, another point was, that to build AMD system is quite cheaper for the same features and performance (but as i saw here, some people claim it is not the case in their place, so it might be true). I for once, never worked on Intel PC that is not choke on some tasks, it could be do the motherboard and/or other factors, but still it is strange. Mine PC costs (when it was available) less then avg. user GPU on Guru3D, yet, it can do anything i need, even so far as encoding, listening music, browsing/downloading and playing game at the same time (DX9 game, not spider solitaire) without choke, and without hitch in game that can run properly.

Also, one of the points was, that most users who choose budget - low end PC, in most cases never upgrade anything. So what's the point of choosing expensive platform, when you will change whole PC in next few years or so? Again, OP had planed to upgrade latter (as he said in topic, but not on start), and next advice was, not to trow money on i3, but go directly for i5. But majority of budget PC users follow something like this: 2 PC's in decade, never upgrade or change anything if is not broken or if still do the job right.

17. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    You misunderstood my post I was talking about the motherboards that have the AMD chip-set and could support different processors with in the correct socket such as AM3; or motherboards that have the Intel chip-set that could support all core i processors (i3,i5,i7) within the correct socket such as 1155/1156.

18. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Ahhh...now that makes much more sense. :p

19. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    ah i think i see the reason. you can ramble on about what you think other people dont understand all you want, but the fact of the matter is, you hate intel because you cant afford them. simple enough reason i suppose.

20. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    Agent he threaten u as well on the last page. Post 144