NVIDIA GeForce 304.48 Beta Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, Jun 18, 2012.

1. mezball

mezball Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus RTX 4080
    Tried installing these 3x with clean installs, but still having issues.

RE5 in Dx10 was a complete slide show, but DX9 worked fine. AvP D3D11 Benchmark would stutter right after the loading screen ended, but the bench mark ran fine and was down a few FPS compare to 301.42. Had some strange artifacts in BF3 menu, and some flickering in game. Also, ConvertXtoDVD would stall or run errors.

Went back to 301.42, all issues mentioned disappeared.

BTW why is this a sticky?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  2. Matz80

Matz80 Active Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX Titan X
    In my case the selector to starting 3D app is gone...

same for you guys?

3. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    The newest or most recommended drivers are always stickied.

BTW, now have 10 hours of BF3 logged with these. The game has NEVER been this smooth for me. No judder or frame drops whatsoever.

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    These seem to be working very well for me so far, not a single issue in any of the three Max Payne games, BF3, Crysis 2 or Binary Domain.

Going through the profiles i noticed there is now a profile for Crysis 3, Arma 3 and Borderlands 2, they might of been there in the WHQL though as i don't think i checked.

5. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Weird. I have the same problem with Deus Ex Invisible War (the second one).
    I just replayed though it again. The cursor was fine with 302.81 which I played though most of the game with, but with 304.48 the cursor would disappear when I did not move it. I assumed at first it was something else non-driver related. Guess not.

6. Infanticide

Infanticide Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R7 260X 2GB
    The reason why its running pcie 1.1 on win8 and 2.0 on Win7 is a result of nvidia forcing pcie 1.1 (max) on its gpus and intel x38 chipsets. I managed to bypass it by using sli patch on win7 - thats why my gpu runs in pcie 2.0 mode, but I dont need it, and dont even want to try if it works (sli patch that is) on win 8.
    It looks like the tests results I ve posted above are CUDA 5 "fault" or something else in this 304 driver; it wanst like that on other 300 series drivers, at least not on those Ive tested.

7. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    FYI:

These drivers, the very first time of any Nvidia drivers, cause my Windows 7 to not be able to shut down.

It will reboot instead of shutdown. I pinpointed the issues to these drivers, so VERY BAD for me :D

I'm just glad I figured what it was (20+ windows updates, multiple software updates, and these during 2-3 day no shutdown period).

8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I uninstalled the 3D Vision drivers I'd installed as a workaround for the Skyrim SLI+HDR issue (I don't normally install them) then went and played Lost Planet 2 DX11 for over an hour... with CSAAx16Q. Go figure!!!

An issue occurred tonight though twice that I've had on a few occasion before but I never found the cause, namely that I'll be playing a game then suddenly I'll switch back to the desktop as if I'd pressed the Windows key (which I haven't because I'm not even touching the keyboard when I'm using an Xbox 360 controller). I've no idea what causes the games to lose focus but it's never been a big deal as it happens so infrequently (like once every fortnight at most until today).

9. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    Confirmed, I can't play Civilization V or Deus Ex HR with these drivers.

10. Zulithe

Zulithe New Member

GPU:
    eVGA GTX570 SC 1280MB
    was going to give these a try but lack of Civ V is a gamebreaker. are these problems only for SLI users or also for single cards?

11. MfA

MfA Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 6GB
    Single, not sure for sli guys

12. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    @ Zulithe - Civ V will work under DX9 and I have no problems running DX:HR at all on my system with GTX 680 SLI. I believe the Civ V issue is a DX11 "cock up" that will affect all NVIDIA cards that can run DX11.

13. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    several of the reported bugs are already fixed so im confident the deus ex dx 11 and civ 5 dx 11 issue will be fast reproduced and fixed as well :)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  14. Wolfseven

Wolfseven Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI NGTX580 1.2gb
    there seems to be a problem with youtube play back on these drivers..

OpenGL had a increase in 10 fps for me on Combat Mission Shock Force.

15. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I'll bet WEI is running. I have that happen every once in awhile.

16. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    WEI = Windows Experience Index you mean?

I've never had any issues with WEI and though it only ran when you did it manually?

The losing focus and switching back to the desktop thing has only happened in the last few months. I've a feeling it might be the Content Manager Assistant software that I have running in the system tray for my Sony PS Vita as it was plugged in last night. I'm wondering if the software updated or something. I'll have to monitor what I'm doing or have connected at the time this happens.

17. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    WEI is on a schedule for something like 12 o clock saturday night (if youve done a driver or hardware change) so it cant be that if it happened in the week.

Its supposed to only happen when the systems idle, but that never seems to be the case, always gives me a shock when it kicks in

18. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    reboot instead of shut down

those driver correct nearly all issue of 3xx driver's serie.

but there is a big issue, on windows 7 x64, once installed the PC reboot instead of shuting down even with cmd shutdown.exe /s :bang:.

roll back to previous beta and everything is fixed:
    => So it is a driver bug :banana:

for now i am back on 304.48 because it fix a lot of other issue, and i use the "Power button" as on old good time :pc1:

19. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Weird how people have different issues with these drivers. These are pretty much perfect for me now Lost Planet 2 isn't freezing my system (even with CSAAx16Q) and I don't have that shutdown bug or the 1 fps Deus Ex: HR glitch either. Must be conflicts with different BIOSes, drivers, hardware and software.

It really does seem like blind luck sometimes whether you'll get problems or not. It's one of the reasons I've held off upgrading my 3.5 year old and counting CPU to something newer as I'd have to buy a new motherboard and possibly RAM too and that would mean new chipset drivers and a new BIOS which in turn could lead to the software conflicts and the issues other are having with these drivers.

20. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    I just tried these again as they do have a performance boost. They are too glitchy though. Deux Ex and a few others that people have mentioned. Also as I have said before BF3 has quiet a bit of mountain, bush flicker. It's a shame. Reverting back to latest official again.