NVIDIA GeForce 304.48 Beta Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    P.S. I ran Heaven 3.0 DX11, Extreme Tessellation, 8xAA/16xAF @ 1920x1200 this morning as well with no issues (I scored 2,317). I've also ran the Lost Planet DX11 benchmarks before when I was testing my GTX 680 and GTX 680 SLI with earlier drivers and never experienced any issues or crashes.

2. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    That shouldn't matter though as it has worked perfectly with every previous driver. I haven't install or uninstalled any programs since installing this driver.

3. Ade 1

Ade 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    Been playing Shogun 2 for a fair while now and one thing I notice with these drivers is that the splash screen at start up doesn't show up - it's just a blank screen. Game loads ok though and everything's fine once loaded up. Only a minor point I know but even so has only happened since using these drivers.

4. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well, yes, that's true but it seems strange that it works fine for me and at least one other person but not for others. If the driver is the cause then shouldn't it also affect me too? :3eyes:

There has to be some other conflict IMO such as using FXAA/SMAA Injectors, forced AA, mods/INI tweaks, etc., etc., none of which I use.

5. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    Sora over at nvidia forums said "I have it on good authority the Deus Ex issue is a game bug.", but i have a tendency to not believe anything he says. :frown:

6. fpunch

fpunch Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670
    Some strange stuttering in The Witcher 2 when walking forward. Likely has something to do with texture loading or LOD.

Latest WHQL are free of this issue.

7. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I saw that post. He seemed to be implying that the previous drivers contained a workaround for that bug but if the new drivers have omitted it then it should be affecting everyone who plays the game using these new drivers?

8. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Will test this in a bit

EDIT: I went through Test B with those settings on both the Game version and the standalone Benchmark version without issue.

However, with Uningine Heaven (not sure if this happened before or not) The The Mouse Cursor would disappear if I left it alone for a second or two.
    And Heaven crashed my PC too. (though this happened before using these drivers with the ones I was using prior 295.91. I think it's one of my OC presets for my GPU but it's the only thing that has issues. I can run anything else I have without issue. Gonna try running again with Stock clocks to see if that makes a difference)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

Runs fine here, i tested everything @ High and 8XQAA.

You sure its not your OC fault? i see now they "optimized" the game further and it can take a bigger hit on cpu. And since you have 2 gpus and that test extremely cpu dependent, I kinda bet its your CPU/ram OC fault. :nerd:

Does it happen with 1 gpu too?

And i also have that low fps bug in DeusEx HR - in main menu 1fps and i can't quit normally, it takes for ages to show quit promp..

10. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I would very much appreciate it, thanks.

I did overclock my CPU from 3.6 GHz to 3.8 GHz about three months or so ago but my PC has been 100% stable anyway even when running benchmarks like Heaven 3.0 and 3DMark11. The Lost Planet 2 DX11 benchmarks both worked with earlier drivers on my GTX 680 and GTX 680 SLI as I only ran them a few weeks ago (Capcom games are great for benchmarking because they come with their own tests). Seems out that Test B now freezes my PC completely such that I have to reset.

My concern is that system freezes are normally indicative of hardware rather than software issues but then this test doesn't even blue screen by PC, it literall just freezes about half to two-thirds of the way through. I ran it twice and it happens both times. Test A works perfectly (and is much longer too). A very odd issue to be sure.

11. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    tried the test , didnt blue screen for me.

12. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Oh, that's not good. :(

See my previous post.

I'll just add that I increased my VCORE from 1.29375 V to 1.32500 V prior to running the Test B benchmark a second time this morning and it froze. This is the ONLY game that freezes my PC completely and it was running fine previously with GTX 680 SLI on the previous drivers and the same overclock/VCORE of 1.29375 V (I only ran it about two weeks ago).

The game has not been updated in some time and the only thing that has changed since I last ran the benchmark is that I've installed a number of Microsoft security updates last week and I've installed at least two drivers updates since then (v301.42 to v302.80 to v304.48).

I haven't tried that to be honest.

I also have not tried running the benchmark at default clocks either only +150 MHz core (~1,260 MHz on both GPUs) and +350 MHz memory (6.7 GHz). Could be the new drivers have made my GTX 680 overclock unstable?

Finally, I do not have this 1 fps DX:HR bug that others have. Makes me wonder if these new drivers come with a BONUS RANDOM bug such that mine is with Lost Planet 2 DX11 and yours (and others) is with DX:HR! :p

13. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    It didn't blue screen for me either, WhiteLightning, my PC just froze during the test. I couldn't bring up Task Manager, it was a total lockup that I had to use a hard reset for. Appreciate you and others trying it though as it means it isn't the driver but something else with my machine.

I'll try the benchmark at stock GTX 680 settings and if it still freezes then I'll try giving my CPU a bit more juice, maybe 1.35 V. My Core i7-920 is C0/C1 stepping so it's not as power efficient or as cool-running as the D0 ones. If it really is the overclock though then it's odd how it ran fine before on the same settings.

Will test tonight and report back here though.

14. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    P.S. My game profile for Lost Planet 2 says "NVIDIA SLI Recommended (Custom)" or something to that effect. Is that the same for everyone else (it's the Custom thing that I find odd).

P.P.S. Would someone with GTX 6x0 SLI or a GTX 690 mind running Test B in Lost Planet 2 in case it is a Kepler only issue. Thanks.

15. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    hmm i seem to suffer from this 1fps bug in deus-ex aswell. the damn game wont even load, its at 1fps!!! LOL

and steam is going nuts. saysi it needs a 8,5gb update for the game

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Well i manged to get around this issue by disabling DX11 in steam setup cfg.. Game didnt promp me for any updates, but it reinstalled runtimes again (directx, c++ runtime)..

And some said CIV5 crashes in dx11, must be some weird bug in dx11:rolleyes:

@Darren

strange, maybe try your old 3.6ghz.. Idk could be something with ram timings or ram oc that's too much?

edit: this is how it looks like here
    [​IMG]

17. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

The Rage issue is not a bug. The features are mutually exclusive. Transcoding on the GPU causes problems for SLI, so each is disabled when the other is used.

18. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I upgraded my RAM six months ago from 6 GB of overclocked 1,333 MHz G.Skill DDR3 @ 1,600 MHz at 1.58 V to 12 GB of stock 1,600 MHz G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 running at the recommended 9, 9, 9, 24, 2N timings at 1.5 V. This actually fixed a memory write error I used to get with MediaMonkey after playing MP3s for a certain length of time. So I doubt it's the RAM to be honest for that reason but I'd never say never!

Need to do some more testing I think unless someone else with GTX 6x0 SLI comes across the same issue with these drivers. I'll try the GTX 680s at stock first though then one GPU on its own.

Oh and thanks for the profile screenshot. That's the same as mine from memory and I'm not forcing anything anyway as the game has exemplary graphics options anyway.

19. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    That's not right because RAGE already has SLI disabled in the recent drivers and GPU transcoding is still not selectable. So you cannot choose to have SLI and forgo transcoding or choose transcoding and forgo SLI as you seem to be implying there. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to say.

The issue as far as I understand it is that GPU transcoding cannot be assigned to a specific GPU even when SLI is disabled. Obviously with one card the transcoding can only run on that card but with a SLI setup the transcoding might be assigned to another GPU other than GPU1 and that what causes the issue. Something like that.

Seems the only solution for SLI users short of physically removing the other graphics card(s) is to disable them in the Device Manager. The workaround was posted here: http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4326887&postcount=17

You'd think a hack would be possible based on that to fool the game into thinking there really was only one GPU. GPU transcoding is very useful for minimizing the texture pop in when turning the camera so it seems strange that high-end users with more than one GPU are being forced to use an inferior method.

20. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    I went through Test B with those settings on both the Game version and the standalone Benchmark version without issue. (And with my GPU OC'd to 905 Core, 2100 Memory max volts)

However, with Uningine Heaven (not sure if this happened before or not because I don't use Heaven often) The The Mouse Cursor would disappear if I left it alone for a second or two.
    And Heaven crashed my PC too. (though this happened before using these drivers with the ones I was using prior 295.91. I think it's one of my OC presets for my GPU;stock voltage 830 core/2000 memory;but it's the only thing that has issues. I can run anything else I have without issue. Gonna try running again with Stock clocks to see if that makes a difference)

EDIT: Using my "stock" clocks (720C/1800M -Ironic considering these aren't the "True" stock clocks of my card. EVGA had a "Free Performance Boost" Bios update that just updated the stock clocks to that from 6xx something)
    I made it through Heaven without issue.

But the mouse disappears if you don't move it. Does it normally do that in Heaven or is that MouseBug that everyone's been talking about?