NVIDIA GeForce 304.48 Beta Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    I can confirm that the 3d clock bug is now fixed for me with this set of drivers

2. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    your gpus go to low 2d mode? when idle mine is sit on 980 and dont want move if can help me some how...

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    He had 680 SLI and not 590 SLI :) Not sure it matters though.

I guess I'll have to do clean anyway since stuttering was quite present in Diablo 3 but then again it probably has more to do with the game being online than anything else.

Tried BF3 (Metro 64p) and it felt smoother than before but My MSI AB FPS graph did indicate that I didn't have constant 60fps but dips down to 59. I don't think BF3 is a good game to measure this since there is so much action going on.

I'll do more testing and get back to you.

Edit - One annoying bug is still present though and that's MSN Live activating full 3D clocks when the window is "unminimized". Killing the application makes the 3D clock return to 2D mode.

4. scaramonga

scaramonga Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 W/C
    Confirmed. Not working with Civ V Gods & Kings expansion in DX10/11 mode. :bang:

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yes, my GPUs drop to 2D clocks of 324 MHz on both the core and memory within a few seconds of exiting a 3D application according to the GPU Monitor sidebar gadget I use (which takes readings from Afterburner) and ramp up to 3D speeds when I play a game.

I have the Global profile's Performance set to 'Prefer maximum performance' though not 'Adaptive'. If I watch a YouTube Flash video in Firefox then my cards may ramp up to 3D speeds but as soon as I close the page then they return to 324 MHz 2D speeds again after a few seconds.

This is the behaviour I've seen with all the R30x drivers so far so I haven't had issues with my GTX 680s getting 'stuck' at 2D or 3D speeds when they shouldn't be. I have never used 'Adaptive' performance though so it could be an issue related to that?

6. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    I also experience this.

In Deus EX HR the game will not go over 0.9 fps

After alt tabbing multiple times it went back to 60 frames fullscreen but whenever I enter the game menu it becomes a slideshow again.

It occurs during the intro movies of the game etc as well, so not just in gameplay.

7. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Damn. Same here :(

8. Esagerao

Esagerao Member

GPU:
    6900xt Red D Ultim
    These drivers are no good here.
    First had problems in installing having "nvidia installing error" and then the system does not shut down but reboot only.
    I could install them only manually without setup.exe.
    Like every other times when refreshed drivers i made a perfect clean procedure with ccleaner and d. sweaper and rebooted many times before installing these news.
    I think i'll wait a new or upgraded release of them...

9. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    Besides the 1fps bug in DXHR I have just tested Farcry 2, Batman AC ( DX9 maxed, high FXAA, physx high ) and they were both noticeably smoother. DXHR was also unbelievably smooth once I got it back to 60fps fullscreen. I think in addition to fixing the vsync stutter it also fixed the stutter that had been present in DXHR since launch.

Great drivers so far...but need to do more testing.

10. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    the stutter that had been present in DXHR since launch was fixed in a patch about 2 weeks ago

11. rombat

rombat Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GE sli
    Installed 304.48 beta last night and I am also having the shutdown bug. :bang:

12. johnmambo

johnmambo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX980
    Performance seems really good on BF3. But had a curious bug that i never got before. Maybe has something to do with the new HD audio driver from nvidia, cause when testing BF3 i lost the sound in the right side, got sound only on left side for some minutes, then it worked normally again. Even tought im using my sound blaster. Maybe some conflict. Just to be sure i installed the HD audio drivers from the last WHQL. Btw the shutdown is working properly.

13. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Looks like I'm going to have to check Deus Ex: Human Revolution tonight with these new drivers to see if I see the same bizarre framerate hit with GTX 680 SLI. The game was definitely working fine when I tested it with the v301.42 drivers but I don't think I ever tried them with the v302.80 drivers I was using previously. Seems a very odd glitch.

Do not have this shutdown bug though as I've turned my PC off twice now with no issues and restarted it at least three times since I installed these new drivers.

14. rombat

rombat Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GE sli
    johnmambo, did you uninstall your old drivers before installing new drivers or installed drivers over your old ones?

15. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The stuttering was fixed in that game in the second or third patch for me when I had my GTX 580 but I never noticed any stuttering either in the game with my GTX 680/GTX 680 SLI with any of the R300 drivers either. If it was there then it was so slight that I couldn't see it.

16. rombat

rombat Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GE sli
    Darren Hodgson, did you uninstall your old drivers before installing new drivers or installed drivers over your old ones?

17. johnmambo

johnmambo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX980
    I always use the 'Perform a clean install' option. Never had a problem before that one.

18. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I never uninstall graphics drivers, I always install over the top using the Custom Install option. Sometimes I select the 'Clean install' option from the installer but very rarely. I always reboot after installing though (see my earlier post).

19. rombat

rombat Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GE sli
    Thats what I did, thinking about doing the old fashion way, uninstalling old drivers than installing the beta, will give that a try tonight, since I am at work.

20. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    Drivers working good here. BF3 plays really smooth. Max Payne 3 ran great with these too. Batman AC is still choppy when you pan around, I think this is related to the U3 bug though.

I only install the GPU driver and physx, none of the other crap that comes with the drivers. I disable the HD audio in device manager too as I've got a Creative X-Fi Ti pci-e sound card.

No shutdown bug here but I've had issues when closing max payne 3 that the service will still be in the list and I have to kill it - otherwise closing steam will tell me to wait for MP3 to close. This started a week back and I have used 3 sets of drivers since then, it has nothing to do with the nvidia drivers. Things like this might be why some people are seeing 3d temps getting stuck... you might have an application causing it, not the drivers.