NVIDIA GeForce 304.48 Beta Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, Jun 18, 2012.

1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Then why include an uninstall feature in the first place. :3eyes:

2. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    WOW then upgrade to ivy bridge asap

3. PR-0927

PR-0927 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+
    FYI to all - these do NOT work with Sid Meier's Civilization V in DirectX 11 mode.

I just got the new expansion and it kept crashing upon launch. People all over the Internet found these drivers to be the culprit.

- PR-0927

4. Neg1

Neg1 New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    I can confirm that these drivers do not work with Civ5 in dx10/11 mode.

5. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    anyone tested the AA flag for max payne 3?

6. Frohman0905

Frohman0905 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX680 2GB OC @ 1202/7000
    Tested the new driver for a brief time yesterday evening. I came from the 300.83 drivers because of the vsync issue. I only tested this in one game: BF3. The game feels smoother with these new drivers and the vsync issue is non-existant. What I did notice is that using both Fraps and Afterburner, the fps "dips" to 59 every now and then. It doesn't hold a constant 60fps. It doesn't stutter though when the dip occurs. But probably it's like that because the refresh rate of a 60hz monitor is actually 59ish.

These drivers did fix one strange issue I've been having with BF3. In the past, when I connected to a low-latency server (ping of around 10-15ms), the first 5 minutes of the game the ping stayed at around 10-15ms and then suddenly skyrockets to 100ms and staying there. What is even more strange is that, even with such a high ping, the game felt like I had a low ping. No lag at all. Yesterday I've played for a full 30 minutes with the new drivers and it remained at around 10-15ms. I'm still going to test this later this week but these drivers are definitly a keeper for me.

7. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    I asked the AndyB (the Nvidia guy that's just joined Guru3d) and he said the same thing as you. Don't bother. Just install as the install removes things on the fly and replaces.

Thanks.

8. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090

I have just started the game in DX11 mode, went into single player and continued a game no problem at all. All settings on High @ 1920 x 1080 @ 120hz.

EDIT: Oh, you said expansion. Will try to run that now...

EDIT 2: I have all the DLC apart from Gods and Kings (not released on Steam yet) and everything seems to run fine, at least for the 10 mins I played before work.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  9. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080

Hi, I don't have a 680 but I can remember a stuttering issue with all UE3 games when I had a 280GTX-SLI. You can test the workaround I used in the past. Open every config.ini from every game and change smoothframerate max value to 60 (default is 62 more or less). Obviously, with bsmoothedframerate = yes and vsync on in drivers.

10. theonlybabyface

theonlybabyface Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 7900 XTX
    These drivers are sadly a no go for me. The drivers on their own are great but they will not work with Lucid Virtu MVP at all. BF3, 3dMark will not launch if Virtu is running (black screen) and I have the latest version installed. Revert back to 301.42 and all good. The Virtu is hard to give up and I really didn't have anything to complain about as far as the 301.42's anyways. Too bad though, the new drivers seemed nice in my brief testing.

EDIT: Scratch that. Installed an older version of MVP and all good now.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012

11. Amigafan35

Amigafan35 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080TI FE
    Major issue with these drivers & Eve Online, the mouse pointer flickers like mad and keeps disappearing, re-installed the previous driver I had and all is well.

12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yeah, I use triple buffering too in all the games that support it (i.e. most, only a couple have issues with forcing it). I've just checked again and Mass Effect 3 still isn't smooth when I rotate the camera (I'm using Xpadder) although it plays fine without issues otherwise. Ditto for Bulletstorm which has native controller support; when I rotate the camera slowly and at a consistent speed it looks as if it is skipping frames. Not a biggie though as the game play fine.

I also checked X-Men Origins: Wolverine and that has NO camera stutter so it looks like the issues may be game specific, perhaps because I'm forcing different levels of AA (I'm using 4xSGSSAA in Mass Effect 3 for example).

Also, one other perculiarity (it's not really an issue per se) is that I always restart my PC after installing a driver even though I'm rarely prompted to. The reason is that if I don't then my Afterburner overclock and fan profiles are not applied correctly. Since I've had SLI though I've noticed that I now have to restart twice otherwise GPU2 shows a ridiculously high number for the memory usage and the overclock/fan settings are not applied to either card.

Anyone else experiencing that?

I can understand rebooting once but I'm puzzled as to why I have to restart twice (actually I restart once then log off then on which seems to fix the Afterburner thing).

13. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    Quickly installed before work, so no testing yet. However: Reboot instead of shutdown bug seems back with these.

14. saphirex

saphirex Member

GPU:
    2X ASUS™ ENGTX560 TI SLi
    Whew! I thought that I might be the only one with the "shutdown bug" - I uninstalled and backtracked to the previous WHQL version and shutdown went normally. Then uninstalled and re-installed this "beta" and the "shutdown bug" reappeared...
    Hopefully nVidia will fix this in the next driver release, since overall the drivers are sweet and I can workaround the shutdown bug in the meantime...

15. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    I can confirm that the reboot when shutdown bug is back as well. Although, I may keep them, since sleep works fine.

16. Nuwidol

Nuwidol Guest

GPU:
    Titan SLI
    Does anyone know if these drivers have fixed the (rare) low GPU usage problems some users have been getting?

If I play any game for longer than around half hour my GPU usage drips to 50-70% per card & obviously frame rates plummet with it. most noticeable on BF3 as this dropped me to about 45FPS usually.

There were a few other reports of this on the nvidia forums too.

17. MoDeM

MoDeM Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX 680
    i am just curious ... is virtu helping in bf3? i saw benchmark showing the opposite.
    still thinking about to give virtu a shot.

driver gave me no problem so far

18. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    reboot when shutdown? it shuts down fine for me.

19. Ade 1

Ade 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    The only issue I have with these drivers is when looking at 'system information' from the NV CP (Help->System Information) there are no details given about my GPU - it's just blank. All the components installed are shown however. Anyone else got this?

20. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    just checked it, im good shows everything.