NVIDIA GeForce 304.48 Beta Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Will be testing these after a long absence...

2. GrandMax

GrandMax Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 @ 1270Hz
    Well my CPU sucks and it is bottlenecking my 680 in BF3. Especially with more than 32 players. I cannot sustain 60fps on a 64 server with everything on low. I get dips in the high 40. I get exactly the same performance at 1080p ultra with 4x MSAA.

3. deByte

deByte Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0
  4. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    holy craps, i installed the drivers and tested a few games, they weren't kidding, just gained 5 to 10fps in most games including Batman AC maxed out and Physx High (5 fps increase), far less hitching too.

confirmed, vsync stutters completely gone, it was extremely evident in Turok and Saints Row 3.

also tested DPC (20-30ms, no spikes) and monitored temps and clock, all good.

superb drivers, roll on to the next release :D

5. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    I believe that at this amount of load, most, if not any CPU will be struggling.

6. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G

Just in case you didn't know, Blizzard has actually acknowledged there is a problem with the streaming/prefetching/buffering (whatever other names you can give it) which causes stuttering for many people in many different ways. When I ran it from my good HDD it even stuttered when it had to just load a name of an area with no mobs or nothing in it. Blizzard has confirmed this problem and will fix it in a future patch. Post was done by a blue on US forum and no I don't have the link but I saw it myself.

That thing about windows background services is plain BS, the game HAS a stutter problem (even when others do not have it yes), it HAS been acknowledged by Blizzard, end of story.

I had to copy the game folder on an USB memory drive and when I run it from there it runs 100 times better, which is ridiculous as my new 2Tb HDD should run it perfectly fine, it's not that the game needs to load Gigabytes while gaming, let's be honest, the game is technologically simple! (And yes I love the game).

7. cmdrdredd

cmdrdredd Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 SLI @ 1240/6772
    I just tried this. Latest drivers (304.48). 3570k @ 4.6Ghz, GTX 670. No stuttering with my Xbox360 controller. Nothing I could notice. Now I dunno if it matters but I ran vsync on with triple buffering via D3D Overrider.

8. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Driver is no good here... i get no display using these drivers. Tried installing twice using English and International drivers. As soon as the driver initializes the display goes into Power Save modes.

I had to go back to 302.80, the older ones work fine.

9. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    Wow! These are very nice drivers.

10. Nookie80

Nookie80 Member

GPU:
    Gainward 670 GTX Phantom
    well no keeper for me.....
    with these drivers some games just hangs and drop to 1 FPS ....... on fullscreen mode
    back to 302.80

11. cmdrdredd

cmdrdredd Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 SLI @ 1240/6772
    What games?

I think it would be best if we give specifics (what games, when it happens etc) in order to figure out whether it's a universal issue. For all we know it could be an older or obscure title that goes unnoticed.

12. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Sounds about right for playable.

I'm sorry but again I'm not flaming when I say this.

But I can't believe what you say at all. There is no way that laptop with it's specs can play the games you listed with high/max settings without performance issues.

Unless you mix settings with high/low and get lucky that isn't possible on the games you listed. Unless you play at a very...very low resolution aka 1024x1024 or a widescreen equivalent.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  13. Nookie80

Nookie80 Member

GPU:
    Gainward 670 GTX Phantom

Diablo3 / World of warcraft and fifa 12

it just drops to 1 and stays there, but only if i play on fullscreen mode, on window mode all runs fine.

14. cmdrdredd

cmdrdredd Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 SLI @ 1240/6772
    Well, I can see stutter as that's been discussed. First I've seen someone say it goes to 1.

I don't own any of these so I'm no help.

15. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    Low performance stil there in some games:
    Mx vs atv - 45-50 fps
    Test drive 2 unlimited same^
    And gpu usage 60/30%
    Counter strike soure can do 60 fps solid (980 MHz enoght) for other games not enoght

And my card do not lower their clocks when idle its stays at 980/ 3000

16. Nookie80

Nookie80 Member

GPU:
    Gainward 670 GTX Phantom

je weird problem just on fullscreen....

bf3 runs smooth without any problems.

on 302.80 all runs fine without these 1 fps drops

17. cmdrdredd

cmdrdredd Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 SLI @ 1240/6772
    Have you reported it to the official Nvidia forum or whatever? I think there's somewhere to report issues and maybe they'll have more info for you or at least appreciate knowing your situation and the system you run so they can try to figure out the fix.

I'm on other forums and nobody has mentioned this yet which is very strange. Usually you see at least a couple people with the same issue.

18. UltraMagnus0001

UltraMagnus0001 New Member

GPU:
    9600gt Sli
    They fixed the lip-sync issues when playing .264 I was having since after the 280 drivers. I wonder if they read to my feedback on their support site. :banana:

19. Nookie80

Nookie80 Member

GPU:
    Gainward 670 GTX Phantom
    jep, was about wth is this

it just appears on fullscreen mode on the listed games.

downloaded new and did a clean install same problem.

looks like i have to roll back ...

20. deByte

deByte Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0