NVIDIA GeForce 304.48 Beta Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, Jun 18, 2012.

1. MfA

MfA Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 6GB
    nice boost on batman ac

2. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    does it actually run smooth now though? performance increase is nice but Batman AC since the last patch is just choppy at some parts... especially when flying around outside.

3. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    Anyone got a link to the English (not international) version?

4. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    WHY MY GTX 670 DONT GO TO LOW 2D/3D CLOCKS !!! STUCK on 980 not go any lower

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I thought I'd got Batman: Arkham City running nicely on my PC (1920x1200, 4xMSAA/16xAF, DX11, Extreme settings, Tess=Very High, PhysX=High, etc.) as it seemed to be maintaining 60 fps quite well. I then got to the bit where Catwoman has to fight in the vault with lots of paper flying around and it was literally running at an horrendously low 15 fps in what felt liked slow motion (it actually made the combat easier actually).

I suspect the issue was due to PhysX as I've yet to come across a single game that uses it well without having some issue or other (hitching, framerate dips, etc.). It's very poorly optimised IMO.

6. MfA

MfA Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 6GB
    nice, aa support for both diablo3 and la noire(dx9)

7. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I hope mine are stuck, tired of flickering.

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC

Hi.

Sorry for off topic but I wanted to share some of my thoughts about this.

I've tried to solve my FPS issues with TERA but have no succeeded. I do know that there are a few tips here and there to slightly improve your FPS and one of those is to disable ingame AA and use different combinations of NVCPL AA which yields better FPS.

The two main problems with TERA is the flash based UI overlay which apparently is a terrible FPS hog (has nothing to do with the nVidia drivers as far as I know). Try monitoring your FPS with MSI AB and run around a town of your choice (maybe not a main capital since the overall FPS is lower there due to my second point below), then do another run with your UI disabled (Ctrl-Z) and you should notice an FPS boost.

The second problem is the number of NPCs in the vincinity of the PC. Observe that the UE3 engine seems to draw ALL NPCs in a sphere around the PC (not just FOV NPCs) which is very noticeable when running around in outdoor dungeons like Eldritch Academy or Archanea since mobs can be found on floors above and under you.

I would agree that the FPS drops when a lot of NPCs are visible on your screen but not if they are below you for example. There is an option to decrease NPC detail levels (if I remember correctly) when there are many of them about but honestly it does not seem to help much at all.

One driver related issue (maybe) would be that the set I'm running now (301.42) does not make TERA utilise the GPU to a maximum even at lower frame rates. Setting Power optionos in NVCPL to Adaptive actually makes the GPU clock down even though the FPS isnt capped at 60 (Vsync enabled) which makes little sense. Setting Power management to max does not help me that much. My GPU utilisation never exceeds 60% whereas in other games (BF3) it does just that.

I would be very interested to hear any thoughts from ManuelG or AndyB (even if it's slightly OT :))

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  9. nexus_711

nexus_711 Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1080 Twin X2
    Is anyone having problem with overclocking? I could make +150MHz on core before, now I can do +80MHhz max, after that 3dMark 11 crashes. But strangelly scores are higher than before with +150MHz on core.

10. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    What is this stutter? I am new to Nvidia and only installed one driver (the latest official) but I don't think I have seen any!

11. AndyB

AndyB NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    GeForce GTX TITAN SLI

Diablo 3: This is the first Windows 7 driver to include an official D3 MSAA profile. It was previously released via NV Update. Blue glow: that happens when you use something other than 2/4/8xMSAA (IIRC, CSAA is the one that removes effects).

LA Noire: Same thing, first W7 driver with an official profile. Don't know about DX9/11, however, finished the game some time ago and had to purge my overflowing Steam dir.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  12. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The v-sync stutter bug was a GTX 600 driver polling issue that caused the framerate in games to dip from a v-synced 60 fps to 54/55 fps every 20-30 seconds which resulted in stutter. This issue does not happen when v-sync is disabled.

This issue was fixed in the v302.64 and later drivers according to ManuelG so if you install those then you shouldn't see the stutter when using v-sync. The Unreal Engine 3 stutter is an engine issue I believe or maybe something specific to my system (does anyone else get stuttering when turning the camera in UE3 games?).

13. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Thanks AndyB.

I'll check them both out tonight after I've installed the driver. I'm currently playing again L.A. Noire after a long break from the game so this new profile is most welcome. :D

14. sexparty

sexparty Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 690
    Anyone notice Planetside 2 profiles in the drivers? BETA must be soon.

Also I'm going to assume PCIe 3.0 hasn't been unlocked with X79 systems but could somebody check for me, with single and surround monitor set-ups please.

15. wasteomind

wasteomind Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
    So this stutter is fixed except in UE3 based games?

16. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    installed over top of 301.42 no issues, all components show 304.48 not tried any games yet but windows seems fine and video's on youtube via firefox play fine

17. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    I had physx disabled some of the time too. There are parts in the game that are just horrendously choppy even with dx11 and physx off. The game was not well optimized imo.

18. S3rgin

S3rgin Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX2080Ti FE
    Guys,

I've just installed this set and noticed that adaptive v-sync is gone.

Can you guys check your settings?

PS: Tested on GT 540M

19. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    these sound great! looking forward to trying these when I get home.

20. uffa

uffa Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680
    Just tested Diablo 3 with them. The stutter is still there. I'm going to test BF 3 and report back. Sigh.