AMD Catalyst 12.x (9.00 June 12) Unofficial BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by marthand, Jun 13, 2012.

1. dotslasher

dotslasher Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 970 GTX

I have this crap since the 12.4/12.5 whql drivers.

and ever since day 1 in januari when I got this card i've been getting nothing but problems.

in the 3 years that I had my 5870 I had exactly 0 issues.

2. SpazzyMac

SpazzyMac Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6750m 1gb
    MacBook Pro

The screen Flickers like a boss :banana: but after a sleep it works
    the scores are worse on the ATI tray tools Benchmark, 775/975@1.00v
    on 12.4 16100 score out of 3 runs,
    on 12.6? 14800 score out of 3 runs,

so I better try the june 4 beta, and see if it's better than 12.4 for the MBP :vader:

3. neo2006a

neo2006a Member

GPU:
    GTX670
    Massive slowdowns in Crysis 2. Back to 12.4

4. Valagard

Valagard Guest

I've not had a single problem with my 7970, at that, a Asus Direct CU II TOP edition 7970 that everyone says "Is having problems" yet I've had zero issues with it.

It may just be incompatible with your system, or it may even need a RMA who knows.

EDIT: Personally I think you are one of the many, many people who are overclocking things, and they are failing, and thus consider them "Broken" etc when overclocking is not a right, its a barely supported feature.

I would be interested to know if you have these problems running all your hardware at stock speeds vs overclocks, you already have a 1.4ghz overclock on your i7 920 which is a really damn aggressive overclock for a Nehalem, damn damn damn aggressive overclock for a Nehalem

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2012

5. shadow_craft

shadow_craft Guest

GPU:
    ASUS StiX OC 1070
    This is usually the case, but most people will swear by their overclock all the same.

Sometimes a high overclock can corrupt windows, and a reinstall may be needed afterwards.This means if you overclock the hell out of your CPU, crash windows a few dozen times testing it, a few files may even become corrupt.

I've never had problems with ATi/AMD drivers, and have never had any with nVidia either, that was not caused because of bad hardware/OC/temp/corrupt windows os

These drives work very well in Diablo 3 (my game as of late), smoother than all the other releases. (no more vsync gitter)

I'd like to add my thanks to Hilbert Hagedoorn and the Guru3d staff, I've been browsing your site and forums for years.:infinity:

6. psyside

psyside Master Guru

GPU:
    7950 @1150/6000
    Youtube issues are back with this drivers, random freezes and video not available errors.

Even with hardware acceleration turned off, this is something like driver stopped responding and has recovered, but without that message, just a hang during youtube videos.

If anyone know way how to fix, please let me know.

7. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Hmm, I have none of that on my 5570, and I'm overclocked to borderline unstable too. We don't have the same card though...

8. Seren

Seren Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    This is not a graphics driver issue, it's the latest version of flash player.
    http://forums.adobe.com/message/4468493
    Just disable protected mode and it's fine. Adobe were stupid for only going through 2 beta stages before releasing...

Edit: During the 11.3 beta I copied over Chromes version of Flash dll and renamed, didn't have any slow-downs or crashes even with ~20 tabs with flash content running.
    It was 3mbs smaller, but whatever functions it was missing it didn't make any difference for me... at least Google know what they're doing :)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  9. psyside

psyside Master Guru

GPU:
    7950 @1150/6000
    But im not using Firefox, it happens in Chrome...

10. nofear4u

nofear4u Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 SC 4GB SLI
    When did the random flickering in games and even simple browsing begin when using catalyst? Was it after 12.4 or was it always there?

Im asking because i recently bought a pair of 7970 running in crossfire, and ever since i started using 12.5 and beyond i've noticed intermitent flickering while browsing (every 3-4minutes i will get a screen flicker). Also in-game i notice the same flicker (about once every 3-4 minutes).

I am not overclocking anything... cpu, mobo & gpu are all stock speed. whats goin on ??

11. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    so nobody can make a inf with a 4650 to a 5165 please help

12. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    just tell me the things you guys need to make a inf i Google and nothing i realy need help here i know its not new but stil a good mashine please asder or somebody help on this i dont know what to do iven catalyst i can open it says no driver detected i realy need help on this one and some of you can do this i guess

13. streakpt

streakpt Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 290 Crossfire
    I have the same problem... xD epic

I really need a new card.

14. dotslasher

dotslasher Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 970 GTX

yeah because I have no idea wtf I'm doing right? :3eyes:

Don't you think that was the first thing I've done?
    Remove all OC from my CPU + GPU + Mem then reinstall windows.
    It happened with everything on stock as well.
    Yet when I borrowed a 670 GTX from a friend who has 2 in sli I had no problems whatsoever for 2 full weeks. Yet I put my 7970 back in and the crashes, driver stopped responding bs started again. :bang:

15. streakpt

streakpt Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 290 Crossfire
    Then sell your 7970 and get a 670 if you can. Probably you don't want to because you have your system WC and for the 6X0 series WC is like useless. BTW you have HT on ? What games do you play?

16. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    It's no longer just a matter of making an .inf file they have removed any 4xxx components from the actual dlls and sys files.... so you'll just have to wait for AMD to produce a newer driver for your card

17. Gameslove

Gameslove Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX760 4GB OC/GTS450physX
    Beta June 12 driver with CCC and Application Profiles is not working properly. Back to previous beta.

18. dotslasher

dotslasher Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 970 GTX
    I currently play BF3, Max payne 3, Diablo 3 (lol lots of 3s).

yes i use HT.

19. streakpt

streakpt Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 290 Crossfire
    Try using the June 4 drivers, im using them now and the problem seems gone. I also play those games exception made MP3, i play DOTA2.

20. shadow_craft

shadow_craft Guest

GPU:
    ASUS StiX OC 1070
    I had bad flickering when I rebooted my computer this morning, turning gpu scaling on or off seems to fix it, possibily the alternate DVI mode setting as well.:pc1: