Nvidia GeForce 302.80 Windows 8 Drivers-Certified

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by allup, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I'm a bit puzzled about the way the framerate fluctuates between 60 and 59/58 fps every 2-3 seconds. Games seem to run much smoother with this driver than any of the other v30x.xx drivers I tried so I'm unsure whether those fluctuations are normal because of the fact that 60 Hz is actually 59.94 Hz or whatever. I cannot be 100% sure that I didn't see the same kind of behaviour on my GTX 580 albeit games didn't stutter at all (unless it was an issue with the engine, of course!).

Can anyone clarify that please as it confuses me. Do you GTX 570/580 owners see the framerate switching between 60 and 59 fps?

(Those larger dips from 60 fps to 55/56 fps every 20-30 seconds are gone now as far as I can tell so I'm presuming that it is fixing that issue which has addressed the stuttering?)

2. stasio

stasio Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTS 450 SC
  3. knuckles84

knuckles84 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 Sea Hawk EK
    @Darren Hodgson

I'm to, think it is normal, the Games run smooth and if you use Bandicam or similar to watch the fps in-game the 60fps are really constant.

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    ive tried a few games including skyrim , and i get a solid 60fps. no stuttering either, supersmooth. (using FRAPS)

5. deByte

deByte Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0
    Darren Hodgson, got the same problem. When playing in BF3 fps drops from 60 to 58 for a second.
    When playing in COD:BO I got fps drop from 150 to 100 for a second.

Maybe drivers/maybe GPU, idk. Cuz I see when fps drops my GPU usage drops too (for a second like fps)

6. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Just to clarify: when you use FRAPS or Afterburner does it show a constant framerate of 60 fps all the time when you're, say, standing still? Or do you see it waver between 60 and 59 fps even though the game runs smoothly when you're playing it?

Skyrim runs silky-smooth for me with these drivers (it was actually OK with the previous R300 drivers too actually) but I see this 60 down to 59 then up to 60 fps framerate thing.

7. BeeJAyP

BeeJAyP Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti Hybrid
    I haven't had trouble running the 3D wizard and getting Skyrim to work with it but the performance impact was too much so I turned it off. Now I run Skyrim with SLI AA enabled in enhanced mode instead (has to be done in inspector and behaviour flag needs to be turned off). Skyrim doesn't detect SLI AA as SLI so it's a good way of getting equal GPU usage and better image quality at the same time as getting around it's silly SLI issue.

8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    no i get a constant 60fps, i do not see the numbers changing at all.
    i know what you mean though, ive seen it before a couple of drivers ago

9. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    I get the disk checks too when booting into Windows 7 again from a Windows 8 lockup. I've tried 4 times with 3 different downloaded ISO images of Windows 8. I don't have any RAID setup, which is our only difference, but our problems are exactly the same.

10. Lord-Dunshire

Lord-Dunshire Guest

GPU:
    2Asus.ENGTS450.Top.925MHZ
    Nvidia Driver 302.80 Works Perfectly Fine On By Computer With Vista x64 Dark Edition.Frame Rates between 100 And 250 Steady.Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter

11. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Guest

Drivers worked fine in W7 x64 SP1 Home Premium. Played BlackOps, Dirt3, and FEAR3 with no issues. 3DMark11 score went down a little though, not a deal breaker by any means.

12. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Also no problems here with Win 7 64bit version on GTX560.

13. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Can anyone else with F1 2010 (not F1 2011) check whether it crashes during the Graphics benchmark under DX11 with these drivers please?

14. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    yes i loved it at first but hate it now it wrote something on my raid of HDD then when i booted 7 it found lot of crap testing it...

same with my raid of SSD

then the lockups...

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    They're "ok" for me too, win7 x64. I had problems with 302.71 - system hard locks (Re5 - variable test)..

I tried Crysis2 and it ran ok most of the time - it has the same gpu usage drops (301.34 had the least). Bf3 minor stutters but a lot better then 301.xx - still not so good like 300.83 (smoothness wise). Cod4 -5 were both ok, although i lost few points by 3dmark2011 (gpu & combined test).

But I didnt test vsync for fps drops yet, hopefully its all fixed in upcoming 304.xx driver. :)

@Darren

What if you reset your (SLi) profile for it, i saw you check each profile for changes but idk maybe its something internal not visible in profiles?

I do this by each new driver branch for example r296 <> r300 or now r302, if i dont it can mess up base profile or sometimes games.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012

16. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    yes no more WIN8 till stable i got crazy getting the backups and rebuild all...

cheers !

17. freeman28

freeman28 Guest

No problems so far here on my GTX 670.

18. xm8z

xm8z Guest

GPU:
    TBA
    can any plz post the driver inf file ??? plz need the international inf file of this driver for 64- bit windows ???

19. TheSarge

TheSarge Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 TI FT
    Metro is designed for touchscreens. I don't have a touchscreen on my desktop so why in the nine hells would I want Metro as my UI? What Microsoft should have done is give the user the option to toggle between Metro and the Start Menu we all know and are used to. As it is I won't be spending any of my own money on Windows 8.

20. T_R_V

T_R_V Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 Super
    You can just install it. No need for a modded inf file.