Diablo III - Part 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by hallryu, May 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The basic quests and story remain the same but there are differences between Normal and Nightmare difficulties that I've noticed such as new dungeons and different and longer layouts (the cathedral in Act I for example is much longer in Nightmare than Normal). Enemies also have different attacks to make them more difficult to kill. This randomness at least means that you don't experience the exact same game twice then there's five different classes to try as well. The game definitely has a lot of replayability IMO... so long as you don't use the Auction House...

2. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    Guys on the issue of getting rare and lengendary items why is it that there are some ppl out there getting these items and of course they are selling them for millions upwards or 100USD upwards.

What i'm curious is is there some type of expoloit or cheat or whatever that enables some ppl to find these items much easier compared to others?

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Luck of draw mate. sometimes an item will roll just perfect stats, those are the expensive ones. good amount of mf (over 200%) helps.

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Lol, every mmo end game consists of running the same raids over and over. Not sure what you're talking about.

5. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    well said...but there's always that few that like to bash a popular game they think it makes them look cool or something but i just lol at them and log in to my game :)

6. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    It's the best helm for Demon Hunters, I wish more people were like you LOL, things would be a lot cheaper!

7. gbooster

gbooster Member Guru

GPU:
    zotac 1080gtx
    How much have you guys made off of the RMAH so far?

I put in about 100 hours or so into the game, but never got past act 1 inferno on my barbarian... and yet, I have made 20 bucks selling some crappy twink level reduction bow ($10) and some resist all, str and vit boots with no runspeed! ($15)

I wonder if any of my other BS sold today. I really didn't think people were going to spend 10-15 bucks on items they would only use for 1-2 hours of gametime, but I guess in America, people will buy any damn thing. I only wish I had really zerged my way to act 3 and 4 and gotten some really good gear to sell.

8. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    What in the hell is this supposed to mean? You mean i would sell it much cheaper? Hell no! I'm not such a lousy businessman. I would definitely sell that sh!T in the millions if i owned it. Then again i'm using a monk character and currently need to farm equipment for end of act 1 to go to act 2 inferno.

9. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    I'm done with the game on Inferno until Blizzard fixes the ridiculous difficulty spikes. It's beyond a joke. Shame really as there's so much loot to be had. I'll either just stop playing or start a new character.

10. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    It means you don't know what's good and what's bad, so you'd be more likely to sell a good item for under it's actual value. Calling the best head item in the game **** is a little strange to me.

11. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    its stats are nice, i mean, has the good things in it like IAS, slotted, dex and crit. but considering its a legendary, it does look ***..

12. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Stats do not look like **** at all unless you expect that legendaries should double the stats of well rolled rares.

To put it in context again, it's Best-In-Slot for DH. Best, as in nothing else is better than it. No way that would look like **** in any context unless you are talking about the art work.

13. ayakaza

ayakaza Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 6800 XT
    I decided to try and sell something in the real money auction house and sold the belt i was wearing for 190 usd :p

14. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    wat...

What belt was it?

Find it hard to think anything in this game is worth that much.

15. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Indeed, this.

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Right, I kinda agree but also disagree. Some combinations are just a pure joke, I had to skip 3 packs or invulnerable minions tonight, didn't even try to fight them, just dragged them out the way and let them kill me. Also, when you first start inferno, elites rinse you, and I mean they take you for a walk in the woods and then rape you...

Now, that was how I was feeling a couple of weeks ago. since then I got some better gear and I can do 5 stacks and kill butcher within 25 minutes without dying (unless I play really bad and mess up or come across invulnerable pack). Also finished act 2 now and did a siegebreaker run today with a mate which was a bit hard, but it was the first thing I did after finishing act 2.

the game has a really sweet progression curve to it. Something that was impossible last week feels like it's doable now. I hated act 2 (still do, my least favourite act) and kept dying a lot. then I got my dps up by 4k, life up by 3k, my all res went up by around 50, and I'm finding better gear now thanks to a lot of MF I have so I make more money and I can get slightly better gear slowly but surely. It's challenging but it's sooo much fun!

Will probably check out the rmah today and spend up to 20 eur to get some better numbers. I know people will say I'm stupid because I'm spending money on pixels, but hey, guess what, I have been doing that for 20 years now (buying games means spending money on pixels) and I'd rather spend money on something I'm enjoying than on something I'm not.

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    the best head.... hmmm... let's see, I can find a lot better rare head for a lot less gold. only because it's legendary it doesn't mean it's the bees' knees. it all depends on the numbers and stats it rolls.

18. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I think you quoted the wrong person, but no you can't. It's the best, best means the best, it doesn't mean the best because it's legendary, it means it's the best. Best.

This will be my last post on the matter, as arguing that water is wet isn't really my idea of a fun forum experience.

19. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    GOOD RANT :)

Here's why I'm quitting, seeking a refund and will never purchase or recommend a Actiblizzard product again.

I first started playing Diablo 1, when I was about 5-7 years old (I'm 19 now). The game was amazing. The first time I ever fought Diablo I immediately shut the computer off I was so scared.

I played Diablo 2, also a modded version of Diablo 2 called hell unleashed in recent years. Awesome game, very good memories looking back on my playing experience.

D3 -

your release was a laughable, pitiful joke, you let millions of people down. I wasn't let down personally because it didn't come as a surprise to me, your money hungry whorish company was too busy developing an extra level gratifying the Diablo 3 team along with getting !@#$%^ about how much bank you were going to make off an underdeveloped half assed attempt at your newest money making machine in the series called auction hero disguised as the newest game in the series Diablo 3. You mudbloods sicken me.

The worst part about this is that the massive heard of sheeple you sold this phony game to is eating this -*!@ up like Tyrael would a drumstick, or a juicy piece of watermelon. They don't know better and can't even see what a disgrace this game is. You guys basically tried to polish a piece of #$%^ and fool everybody into thinking it was a gem. Your company is a wolf in sheeps clothing. You've already lied and tried to cover up the fact that people were hacking and duping gold, so why the reset on Asia? People already accused you of selling items on RMAH, and I wouldn't be surprised if you guys already are. Because bottom line, you're a corporation that's no different than any other in our world. You're liars, and it's blatantly obvious you don't care about the product you sell any more either, you don't care about the people that made you, you only care about the $ being pumped into your bank accounts.

This is how I see your game.

Boring characters -
    My barbarians play style on hardcore inferno is EXACTLY as follows. Fury to kill / spam revenge when its up for health / use ignore pain when taking moderate damage / leap when getting into danger / BO to buff / berserk to put out big damage. Strategies are kite, and kill things when cool downs are up. THIS IS NOT ANY KIND OF FUN... I didn't play any of the other boring, unimaginative classes so I can't give you any further insight on their game play.

Cartoonish graphics -
    Diablo 1 and 2 were both very Gothic, some might say they were as dark as Tyraels package. D3s graphics are a WoW clone.

Mercenaries -
    Remember when mercs in d2 could actually help you? This game they are dead 90% of the time when I'm fighting a champion pack in inferno. They couldn't kill a -*!@ing turnip and won't stop saying the same recycled bull#$%^.

no single player -
    people said having single player would crack the game and it'd ruin it. could this get any worse?

Loot system -
    Do I even need to say what's wrong with this? Jee whiz guys my first Set/Legendary item after 80 hours played time! (tals belt with dex and barb properties on it)

AH / RMAH -
    I played hardcore but I found that I repeatedly kept looking to the auction house to play the game and stay alive, clearly you designed this game in several ways to pull traders to the RMAH for you greedy cvnts to make more money. This is easily your biggest deception and the focal point of your video games attention. Everything is manufactured in a way to make you use the auction house.

Preselected stats / Skills -
    This leaves for no creative builds, Dumbed down game play, and most importantly less fun! Everyone is stuck in a small box for what their character can do.

Pvp -
    Pvp was the main thing I was looking forward to in this game which isn't even released yet, another sign of a video game that never should have made it past the beta phase. When it finally is released it will be just as big of a steamy dump as the rest of the game is, so I won't continue playing hoping the grass is greener on the other side, because my friend once told me, it's always browner.

Deckard Cain -
    This old bastard should have went out like gandalf in lord of the rings if he had to die. He didn't even have to die... instead you give us some bull-*!@ activison cutscene where he dies on his knees from unheard of #$%^- named magda. Great decision making!

There is much more revolting nonsense decisions you made that I won't get into because I'm simply too tired. But to list a few, no ladder, max 4 people in game, one big *!@#ty quest chain, absurd difficulty in inferno... the list goes on.

My final conclusion after playing your horrific scam of video game is that it's awful. I cannot think of enough bad things to say about it or your company. I will go out of my way this year to find tickets to blizzcon to throw eggs at Jay Wilson. Please spread the rage if you have hatred for this game like I do. I will immediately look into selling my diablo 3 shirt that I had purchased off of jinx, and discontinue any playing of actiblizzards games. Also thanks for killing me in one of your hotfixes the other night that you guys also lied about.

screenshot for the lulz (note my follower is dead like earlier described lol!)
    also note the red latency bar and diablo not responding (top left corner).
    http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp279/Irishnapalm/Cooldeath.png

Why play a video game that's already overly difficult when I also have to worry about uncontrollable factors like server wide lag spikes.

The last thing I have to say is that I don't give a flying $%^- about trolls, haters and naysayers. I'm immune to you blizzard fanboys. I know making this thread will in reality do nothing because there's so many idiots that get spoon fed this junk and love it. If you aren't happy I also hope that you quit and that more people will wake up and realize this is *!@#, and for gods sake do not use the RMAH. I hope this company has a grim future and I wish them the absolute worst, toodles!

Cartoonish graphics - I do not agree with though...

20. Lycronis

Lycronis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    I disagree. As a long-time gamer, this is the type of person that I'm ashamed to be associated with. These so called "gamers" are the ones ruining gaming, far more than any developer ever could. His rant fits his "type" perfectly: entitled, whining, disrespectful, arrogant, attention-whore, and you can even through in racist for the Tyrael remarks. Eh, maybe I'm just getting too old? Oh well, back to D3 I go. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.