MSI afterburner bug report & suggestion

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    It has been discussed before. Why not go back to those software folks you note and have them make their software compatible with AB? Or do you know of a requirement from MSI that says they must be compatible? Just sayin...

2. hardcastlej

hardcastlej New Member

GPU:
    XFX HD4870 - 512MB
    Sorry if this suggestion has been mooted before but...

In settings how about a "close to tray" option?

I know its me being stupid but I keep hitting close, not minimise.. :bang:

I say this because when I close instead of minimising all the OC/fan settings revert to normal.. they are not persistant..

or is there something else not making the setting persistant?

3. Simplex

Simplex Guest

GPU:
    MSI 2080Ti
    I would like to suggest "decoupling" monitoring graphs from OSD data.

Lets say I want to see ONLY Mem Clock, Core Clock, GPU Temperature, Fan speed in the monitoring graphs but I want to see ONLY framerate and core voltage in OSD when in game.
    Currently this is not possible (or I do not know how to achieve it). If I want framerate and voltage to be visible in OSD it will also be visible in the monitoring graphs - I found no way to set them independently. If there is a solution, please let me know. Currently, any data that you want to see in OSD will be also displayed in monitoring graphs.

Also, it is not possible to set such keys as: PrintScreen, Scroll Lock, and Pause Break as keys to make a screenshot.

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  4. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090
    Did a quick search and it doesn't seem to have been suggested -and sorry if it has- but I would love to see a multi-display power saving feature like the one available inspector. Not a big deal but its a pain to keep inspector on a delayed start at boot via batch file so ab can apply its oc settings.
    Either way thanks for the wonderful app; I've never had an issue with it.

5. kzinti1

kzinti1 Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    I know Kombuster is mainly for MSI cards, but shouldn't I be able to use it with my EVGA GTX 680's without the screen rolling like an old TV with no vertical hold?

6. Gizmo1981

Gizmo1981 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6950 2GB
    I get hard locks with sound loops using both the latest beta version AND the final release version.

this happens with BFBC2 and a simulator I use called OMSI, I haven't tried with other games ( I'm not going to risk it either )

If this might shine some light on it, I'm on Catalyst 12.4

I'm gonna roll back to fraps until this issue is fixed.

7. ugur3D

ugur3D Guest

GPU:
    ASUS ENGTX460 TOP
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Multi player

Hello All,
    I found a bug in GTA:SAMP
    it came new, and i think im the first one that found this.
    when SAMP0.3e Came out MSI Afterburner was crashing my game.
    if i close MSI it Runs perfecht but with MSI it crashses my game while its loading.
    I think the OSD is crashing it but im not sure.
    I was always using the OSD in gameplay but now i cant:/

Im using Windows 7 64-Bits version
    CPU : Intel Core I5 @2,80Ghz Overclocked at 4,4GHz
    GPU : ASUS ENGTX460 TOP
    PSU : 550 Watts from Coolermaster (GX)

Please somebody fix this, Thanks :)

8. BigDaddy85

BigDaddy85 Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX670 2 Gb
    Same here, but I was able to get it installed. However, I wasn't able to open it up at all. It said that I am missing a file, have corrupted file, or expired. I uninstalled and reinstalled it. Same thing. Reboot computer didn't help, too.

Any other suggestion? :eyes:

Edit: I installed official version 2.2.1 and it worked. The one that wasn't working is 2.2.0 beta 15. So never mind me. :D

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  9. kasper93

kasper93 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 390
    I found bug in GPU voltage monitoring. It was working fine on 12.4 WHQL. But yesterday I have installed 12.6 BETA http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst126beta.aspx and on this drivers when GPU voltage monitoring is enabled MSI Afterburner seems to freeze driver(I don't know, maybe device I/O) on every stats update.
    I spot this through madVR because statistics was wrong, but normal without Afterburner. Even when I move mouse in exclusive mode, mouse freeze on every on every stats update. It's not only happen with madVR so it's Afterburner bug.

I can't provide more info, I know that GPU voltage trigger that issue. I have HD5870@8.98-120522a on Windows 7 64Bit.

10. Simplex

Simplex Guest

GPU:
    MSI 2080Ti
    I recently bought GTX 670 and I noticed that EVGA Precision interesting feature related to 6x0 series - Frame Rate Target (framerate limiter). I know that RTSS has its own frame limiter, but it may lead to stuttering - EVGA Precision has nVidia's native implementation. It can still be changed in nVidia inspector, but I hope that nVidia's native Frame Rate Target feature will be available in MSI Afterburner soon.

BTW. Is there any way to get Power Limit slider in older skins, such as Giblu? I looove that skin but it does not show Power Limit :(

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012

11. JezJ

JezJ New Member

GPU:
    EVGA Titan X
    Windows 8 RP incompatible with afterburner

When afterburner is running, IE10 will not open (desktop version), Metro version opens ok though.

Also getting a lot of crashes with games ie Max Payne and LOTRO whether overclocked or not. When afterburner isn't running, no crashes....

12. Tets

Tets Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX680 2GB
    MSI AB 2.2.0 & 2.2.1 + GTX680 + FW 301.42
    Incorrect information is displayed with different versions of drivers
    How can I fix it?

[​IMG]

13. blandead

blandead Member

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 6970 2GB
    Yeah the Cat 12.5 WHQL drivers reintroduced that problem, but happy to say it's fixed again with Cat 12.6 beta. I can pretty much start up afterburner the second I log in

14. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Just stop CCC from running at startup, or disable Overdrive...problem solved.

15. bdub5886

bdub5886 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 G1 Gaming
    If you are running these on windows 8, you can not expect Afterburner to be totally compatible with a commercially unreleased OS.

16. phandrew

phandrew Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6970 OC
  17. Scyphe

Scyphe Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2060
    MSI Afterburner and the new 9.00.00 drivers (Catalyst 12.7 beta) aren't playing nice with eachother. Lots of flickering/displacement in desktop and overclocking doesn't work. Remove MSI Afterburner and the flickering disappears (but obviously no overclocking).

18. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Unofficial overclocking mode is completely gone with new drivers, old libs no longer work. So use official mode and stay within CCC clock limits. Thank greedy idiots from AMD for that.

19. AdamK47

AdamK47 Banned

GPU:
    Verite V1000 & Voodoo 4MB
    Can you elaborate on the "Thank greedy idiots from AMD for that" part?

20. Imprezzion

Imprezzion Guest

GPU:
    MSI R7970 TF3 OC/BE
    I can get the overclocks to work with the 12.6 9.00 BETA's but it does flip it when applying them at boot.

What happens is that with 2 screens the card underclocks too far and starts to flicker and artifact (300Mhz/150Mhz). Re-Applying the OC or w/e will NOT fix it.

I have to run a DirectX application to make it ''wake up''.
    As a example I use Heaven 3.0. As soon as I start that it goes up to his normal 2d dual screen clocks and the overclocks kick in fine when 3d load is present.

After shutting down Heaven or any 3d DirectX app the cards clocks behave fine again and the tearing is gone.

I can use unofficial OC as well with the 9.00's. Running 1265Mhz core, 1675Mhz VRAM with 1.262v Core and 1.618v VRAM on a HD7970 with a Accelero Xtreme 7970 bolted to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.