CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    You don't understand what they mean.

Pen and Paper RPG ( in reference to a video game ) means that the game is driven by statistics. In old pen and paper RPGs you could mathematically work out how much damage every hit was going to take.

Not like in todays games where people are so dumb that they remove most of the statistics so as not to overwhelm console gamers and you can't build characters based purely on stats, you have to use intangible factors.

Eg.

In dragon age you would get items that simply say "Improves blood magic"..........????????????????????

How does it improve it and by how much? less mana( health ) cost?, more damage?, longer lasting? and how low?, larger area of effect?

That's what it means, it gives you all the stats to play with so you are in full control of the games mechanics.

Not a few token stats.

2. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    this is me reading your post A+ would read again
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  3. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    lolwut :nerd:

4. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV

5. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    all i can type is

GTFO

6. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    Of course. But that means a gameplay mechanic in which if i hit something in the face, i have a chance of miss the hit even if i clearly hit it in the face. Its all good when you dont have an interactive medium, say, you only have a table, a board and some paper, add a GM and some of your imagination and you're set. But when you have a videogame, which could aswell present you with the whole action (ie, an actual lock to pick, maybe some mini game for pick pocketing, an actual real time combat system that depends on your skill and your character's skill points, and so on) it seems to me a waste of good capabilities of the current available hardware. I think other modern RPGs such as Witcher 1 and 2, Oblivion, Skyrim, take more advantage of the possible interactions in a such interactive medium as videogames than simply relying on random number generators and call it a day.
    haha, rofmao.
    Does that means that i should be using stone wheels in my car instead of tires? That doesnt sounds like fun to me.
    That's exactly what i understood. Numbers (statistics, simulated dice rolls, etc whatever you want to call it) in place of an interactive action.
    Are sure about that actual skill is more "intangible" than numbers? There aren't many things more intangible than numbers as far as i know.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  7. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    Cyberpunk sounds like an interesting RPG concept with so far what is outlined. just hope CD Projekt can deliver. we need more cyberpunk themed games. the whole futuristic genre. it's just too bad it has not been explored more than it should be. on that note, give us another badass Deus Ex game!!

8. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I'm pretty sure Eidos is hard working on a new Deux Ex (HR was f awesome) and perhaps both CD Projekt's title and that one will get launched close to one another... would be nice to have such a duel. :nerd:

9. MfA

MfA Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 6GB
  10. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Sounds fun to me, I've been after a game like that for a long time. So far I've had to settle for indie offerings, getting one from a AAA dev is fantastic news for me. I'll take the gameplay in Baldurs Gate 2 over the likes of Skyrim anyday. Although I suspect this will be more akin to VTM: Bloodlines, which worked incredibly well with a pen and paper backdrop.

11. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    Bloodlines had real time combat (and a hacking minigame if i recall correctly), stealth was determined by stats and by your skill to know where to hide and how to walk. That kind of stuff is what i'm talking about when i say "interactive", at least more interactive than rolling a dice every round to see if the NPC saw you or not.

Whereas on a book or a roleplaying game session is the norm (which im completely fine with), when i have to fill in the gaps with my imagination, in a videogame none the less, its kinda boring to me. Well, not "boring" per se, I can enjoy all sort of videogames but it looks like its wasting the capabilities of modern hardware.

That's probably why enjoyed so much stealth and archery/marksmanship in Oblivion and Skyrim and why playing a rogue in any other more "classical" RPGs takes out all the fun of it for me. Though to be fair, most of "pen and paper" RPGs have awesome spellcasters wich i enjoy a lot, sadly, TES series seems to lack a lot in spellcasters general awesomeness.

... Now that you mentioned it i want a new Vampire game :cry: But probably if that happens, it will be a "reboot" from EA like Syndicate, in other words, uber crap.

Though if your suspicions are correct, it'll be an awesome game indeed.

12. The Michael

The Michael Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Hate me for it, but i'd like to see a skill based realtime combat system in this game.
    I really hate turn based or "click to strike" based games... meh.

And yes, a new Vampires game would be awesome!

13. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
  14. Smokey25

Smokey25 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 EVGA FTW+
    Hmm i hope it will be "somewhat" like mass effect.

15. Smokey25

Smokey25 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 EVGA FTW+
    Deux ex was nothing special imo,story wise it had some good moments.Other then that it became pretty repetitive pretty soon,too much pc's to hack,with alot of useless horsecrap i don't care about and doesn't contribute anything important to the story,yet i still want to hack the pc's in case i do miss something important,wich never seemed to happen..all in all i found deus x a rather boring and dull experience.

16. pjokerxp

pjokerxp Banned

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    No way Deus was awesome! repeated it 3 times

17. Biały Wilk

Biały Wilk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850
    Some questions answered by RED's about Cyberpunk:

18. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Taken from their live presentation a sec ago:

Official name: Cyberpunk 2077

About:

• Ambitious RPG for mature audience, set in the corrupt and and tech advanced world of the year 2077
    • Gripping Multi-threaded story taking place in the sandbox environment of the vivid and detailed night city
    • Advanced RPG mechanics based on pen and paper RPG system upgraded to the 2077 setting
    • Gigantic arsenal of weapons, upgrades, implants and cool high-tech gadgets - new equipment adopted to reflect over 50 years of man kind progress

Sandbox environment is a first for CD so lets see how it turns out.

19. ThatDelirium

ThatDelirium Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5850 1GB
    I dislike that they use "mature rpg" as a selling point, to me it says they'll be trying way too hard to make it look mature and that could get messy.

I'm going to get lynched for this, but it's how I feel about The Witcher, they tried way too hard to make it all mature, some things just felt tacked on or out of place, just for the sake of making everything "mature" where it was unneccessary because the story already was mature! They had an interesting intrigue going and a few interesting characters but the writing itself was all over the place in term of quality.

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Don't agree on all of it, but i do about the mature thing.

It's like they are trying to hard to attract a younger crowd, in the same way that it's mostly kids who crave R rated movies.

Not that i don't think this won't be a good game as i'm still a big fan of CDP Red, just feel the mature thing is too obvious a marketing thing.0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.