AMD Catalyst 12.x (8.980.0 June 4) Unofficial BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by marthand, Jun 6, 2012.

1. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    Thanks mate, I even wondered if he discontinued his work after 6.3.1 was out so long :D

2. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    it happens, sometimes a few patches & driver versions later, a game is much smoother

i remember some people saying similar for bf3 a few months ago in another driver update

in general, 40fps should never be stuttering like crazy

3. Shaneus

Shaneus Master Guru

GPU:
    5970/5850 TFX 899/1150
    Damnit, I only *just* uninstalled using 6.3.1 so I could get the June 4 betas on! PC is still running so I guess everything's okay :D

4. stocovick

stocovick Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 5870
    Hi everyone. I'm currently facing serious problems with catalyst's versions up from 12.1. Every newer version I tried gave me bsod's when my computer was idle, which is ridiculous. I tried clean installing everything but had no success. I'm testing 12.6 (the official beta) now and I haven't had any bsod so far, but I can't correctly configure my eyefinity setup and battlelfield 3 won't start after the update, it says it is initializing and then nothing happens. I know is is related to the catalyst version because I went back to 12.1 and the game starts right away. This also happens with mass effect 3 and if I try to open widescreen fixer it crashes. I tried uninstalling the previous version first and it didn't help. I tried installing it over the previous version and it didn't work. I have two 5870's in crossfire and three monitors plugged via dvi x2 and displayport. When I try to enable eyefinity it says it is enabled but nothing changes, I still remain with mirrored screens. The main reason I want to try newer versions is because I've been trying to play bf3 in eyefinity for months now but I just can't. I get massive drops in framerates and I've tried everything. I have an i7 920@4ghz and 6gb ram and I tried lowering the overall quality, disabling hyper-threading and a bunch of other things but nothing works. I can play with one card on ultra settings without aa at about 25 to 30 fps but when I enable crossfire my fps won't go past 40fps and it keeps dropping to 15 or lower all the time making it really hard to play. Also if I play using only one monitor and crossfire enabled the second gpu utilization drops to 0 as if it was using only one card. Please help! I don't know what else to do....

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012

5. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Anyone understand why I always get a black screen when removing amd drivers? where it should switch to standard VGA driver mine doesn't and screen remains black. I then have to judge when to hit the reset button?

Any one here get that?

6. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    you probably removed standard vga driver with a cleaner :E

7. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    No its still there, even when I go into device manger and try setting it, my screen remains black lol

8. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    maybe the driver is not removed, but corrupted? idk :$.

Or even configured to output in other screen (which may not exist xD), try pressing winkey+P many times.

9. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    This is such a stupid nonsense. Good luck screwing your OS up.
    Wasn't it stated numerous times people should never do this, especially in AMD's case, where the official uninstaller works just fine?

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I actually compared a while back when I got the 7970 I use and while the uninstaller will clean out most of the driver files and entries it will leave several behind in both the windows folder and registry plus custom presets and other things will also be saved as will the "cached" drivers windows use for rollbacks and such. (PNPUtil -d or what it was to clean them, I might be wrong, of course a utility that's thorough would also work.)

I prefer to search for and manually clean such files if possible those times I do a complete driver install instead of just upgrading, just wiping ati* doesn't seem very safe to me (Especially if it gets any possible motherboard files for such users.) and using a list of actual files could get outdated if not regularly maintained.

11. dreamslides

dreamslides Guest

GPU:
    AMD/HD/6480G
    I'm using an A8-3500M w/ 6620G and when I install this beta driver or the slightly older one from a week prior I find that it boots to the Windows loading screen then when it fades away NOTHING. No desktop or anything. I fix it easily by going to system in control panel (safe mode) and rolling the video driver back, however this confuses the hell outta me?! What the reason for the driver to act this way is I've no idea.

12. weah

weah Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD5850 Toxic @1Ghz
    It seems you modded opengl & CCC in 8.97 April 18 with respective 8.98 files.
    Can I ask you what files did you replace to mod your version and what are your final improvements & fixes than 8.97 version (not modded)?
    I'm curious. :)

13. bemaniac

bemaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090
    with all 12.6 drivers my 7970 hits 100% fan speed with a black screen and I have to hold power until the pc shuts off to shut it up. This happens while using firefox for a few minutes. I'm back to 12.4 with the 12.6 caps and rock steady. Please fix 12.6 AMD because I'm playing krater and need the improvements.

14. kidsafe

kidsafe Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB
    I'm not sure if you ave the same problem as me, but my 7970 + 12.6 beta results in the screen going into standby randomly, then the entire PC goes to sleep. Then it wakes up by itself, but the monitor never comes out of standby and I am forced to reboot. Even if I hibernate my PC via pushing the power button and turn the system back on the display won't come back on.

The only solution is to reboot fully.

15. lenne

lenne Guest

GPU:
    1080 GTX Gainward
    Do u realise u just stated this heap of ********** in an unofficial Driver thread where it has been repeatedly noted that the installer and uninstallers are broken and the only way to properly remove them is with a cleaner ?

16. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    Agreed. It works "Just fine" seriously? It leaves all the reg entries untouched and hopes that the next driver perfectly overwrites them.

17. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Lol...
    I always use Driver Sweeper plus CCleaner. Call me anal but it works for me..:p

18. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Right, so...why is it that the supposedly 'Guru3D mirror' link points to the same DF link in the first post?
    Proper Guru3D mirror link is still available at the end of the first page, by the way, posted by HH.

19. Babel-17

Babel-17 Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Thanks for these, they fixed my issue of the setting for ITC processing in the Cat Control Panel not being remembered and needing to be reset after every reboot in order for my Sony XBR6 to use its advanced display settings.

20. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    You can always reuse the Setup.exe from the unofficial beta folder of the drivers you wish to uninstall or the Setup.exe from the new drivers you plan to install to uninstall the current unofficial drivers, since it is not listed in 'program and features'.

Thats the way I got rid of them after they were causing my screen to freeze with HWiNFO64 and GPUZ. I could open either one once but when I would try to reopen either my screen would freeze. Had to do a hard reboot. Samething with the 12.6 official betas.

I rolled back to 12.4 and then installed the 12.5 betas over those. Good to go again.:)