Diablo III - Part 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by hallryu, May 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    guys i have a problem, trying to solo belial on nightmare, wiped five times - go ahead, laugh, get it out of your system :p i dont think my gear is set up optimally. lvl41 demon hunter, ~10k hp, 1k dmg, havent found anything good except some dex enchanted stuff. perfect/radiant emeralds on almost everything. should i get vit enchanted gear at the expense of my dps? should i keep my dex gear and just use amethysts instead of my emeralds (at least this way my dps wont go down quite as much)?

everything up to this was a cakewalk, but he 2hits me and im done. ugh please advise

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Whats your crit %

3. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    Invest in a new weapon on the AH if you're having difficulties. Also what's your spec like? Might behoove you to focus more on survival, so taking Tactical Advantage along with Vault and Smoke Screen might help you avoid some of his damage. Just keep an eye out for the green whirls of death and keep moving as much as possible.

EDIT: Also on my DH I tend to favour Dex because it ups the dodge %, meaning 34% of the time I don't even take damage. Now that I have 35k HP life is a little better too... but this is in Inferno (or as I like to call it, ANGER MODE).

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  4. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    i'm now playing inferno mode. I found out that lvl 60 is the max a characetr can obtain BUT i swear i met a characetr at lvl 77 and he opened the secret cow lvl for me after paying him.

Now so you cannot lvl up at lvl 60 so how in the blue hell do u beat the game? By finding better gear? Searched around and nobody even has a freaking clue to give a proper answer,

5. Virtue

Virtue Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 WF3
    According to blizzard, you can't really beat the game. it's just a farm for better gear from there on.

According to someone with something else to do in his life, game is done after beating inferno.

6. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Yay, made it to hell on my Barb.

NM was so much fun on the last 2 acts as i went undergeared on purpose (at least 10 levels below on the gear vs my level), diablo took at least 10 minutes to do and it was really enjoyable to not just cake walk it.

7. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    By spending millions at the auction house to become this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8BNsuZd6Wo

Some people just luck out with items, I still haven't seen a legendary drop for myself, only have one because a friend dropped one off for me.

8. ivan.winata

ivan.winata Guest

GPU:
    GTX2080Ti Zotak
    I found gibbering gemstone and the ward plan out of pure luck (didn't know what is it until i google it).
    Anyone know what I should expect out of cow level? I'm lv 34 demon hunter, can I solo the level on normal? Or should I invite some tanks (barbarian or monk)...

I'm away for a week for business travel, will continue searching for black mushroom, rainbow thingy and the rest 2 items.

9. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    They're basically as hard (if not harder) than act4 monsters, there's not a lot of loot but when you find something decent, expect it to be a high level. Good for farming gold though, there's gold everywhere.

10. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    Just bought the game today and I'm already level 26 witchdoctor lol. Gotta say so far on normal witchdoctor is op when you can get soul harvest x5 all day. Melts through mobs like butter.

11. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Everyone is OP on normal, haha. Hell mode and above? Bit of a different story.

12. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Think just about every class can melt through mobs. Wiz's are incredible at this task, especially when you use Shock Pulse (Explosive Bolts)... and even more when you have Familiar (Sparkflint). And don't even get me started on Disintegrate.... cause that thing just cuts sh*t to pieces.

13. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    Ya I dont expect hell mode and up to be such a cake walk.. at least I hope not. I just destroyed belial with maybe only getting hit once, just wish we had a choice for at least one harder difficulty from the outset. The fun of tearing through shti is starting to wear for me I need a challenge...

14. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    crit chance is only 7%, but crit dmg is buffed 100% from a passive archery skill and other bonuses. cant seem to find any crit % stuff, like i said i got no real gear xD

yeah i just broke down and bought a new crossbow. best of both worlds, it has a big dex and vit boost...and a socket! thanks for the heads up, my dps went from 1k to...lets see...1.4k

i have caltrops (jagged spikes) with custom engineering so they last twice as long. maybe i should put tactical advantage up...sounds like i need it. vault (tumble), rest is all offensive. im too aggressive, ill be more careful and try this again.

15. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    I received a legendary item but it wasn't a good weapon

16. momomo67890

momomo67890 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    285gtx/4750
    ive soloed diablo about 50 times on my dh its not hard. im only doing 100k atm before sharp shooter :) AND im not a no lifer only have 122 hours played :) i think about 25-30 of that is my friend playing on my acct i have 89mil gold atm and probably all the best items u could ever want its, zzzz i havent played in a few days. key to making gold was to abuse the ah 2 weeks ago selling trash **** out of inferno for 100k each. also another problem is for people going into inferno most of the exploits are now patched.

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    89 million? That's insane! Can i have some of your gold?

Edit: pretty please :)

18. Wanny

Wanny Guest

So this game is so **** that I have a 60 barb and a 60 WD. :p tbh it's much easier with WD in inferno.

19. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Well, what i don't like is that they changed how u use the healing potions.I mean, it doesn't make any sense to wait a few seconds(or a minute or so i don't know exactly) before u use the second one and so on.

I kinda agree with isidore that the game is way easy on normal but then again all diablo games were like that.

Any of u guys remember Divine Divinity? Man that game was hard, very hard even on normal if i recall correctly.I remember running scared and trying the hit&run technique :D

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Lol, i knew you would play on :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.