AMD Catalyst 12.6 (8.980.0 May 22) AMD Official BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, May 31, 2012.

Tags:
  1. MyBrains

MyBrains Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 OC 950MHz
    You obviously dont know wot ur talking about and have never used it.. SL is open source and have a lot of third party viewers with their own development teams (one of those does optimizations for AMD cards) and all those viewers run crap with the drivers i have stated. Funny how 12.1 run great isnt it.. and btw i havnt done any 'bitching', im just frustrated at the well known lack of OpenGL knowledge that AMD have always had.

I guess ur bitching above by calling them 'shonky drivers'.. ;)

2. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Had I think my first problem with these drivers

I went to sleep for four hours, woke up, both monitors were off. Moving the mouse woke up both. I don't have screen savers enabled, and I disabled the option to turn off the screens when idle.

Event viewer doesn't report a driver crash or any events

3. Portman87

Portman87 Member Guru

GPU:
    NITRO RX 480 8GB
    2 random freezes on Skyrim + CAP1 12.6 Beta i need to shutdown the game from the task manager.On WHQL 12.4 + CAP2 12.4 not a single freeze.

4. psyside

psyside Master Guru

GPU:
    7950 @1150/6000
    Great, it worked for me to! i was so pissed to AMD but i think that problem was not catalyst related, but due to sucky adobe flash/shockwawe player :bang:

5. VenoMaizeR

VenoMaizeR Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX480OC 8gb
    About time AMD to take driver issues more seriously...

6. Simkin84

Simkin84 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4090 FE
    This driver is working very good on my 7970 CFX setup, in both BF3 and Deus EX..

But twice my screen has gone black while browsing, and i have to restart.. any idea?

7. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Anybody get Video Corruption in VLC, the prblm shows when i enable GPU Acceleration in VLC.....

8. bummerman

bummerman Master Guru

GPU:
    7970 tri-crossfire
    Windows 7 is capable of reverting back to default settings which it assounds like it did. Also, one thing i noticed in Crysis 2, I can't save my suit powerups-not good on nightmare

9. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    FuryXfire 3440x14freesync
    This has happened to me also many times, you will also notice that your nightmare has been dropped also and you must reload an old save to get it back. Once you load an old save go back to the present one and you will be back at nightmare.

10. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    I am on the Beta driver as well as the beta CAP and Max Payne with nearly everything maxed out (no MSAA, but FXAA at Very High), it runs so damn fluidly! And I', running EF mode of 6048x1200, sily smooth going. The Beta CAT 12.6 and CAP are keepers for me, damn MP3 is actually quite fun when everything runs right.

11. psyside

psyside Master Guru

GPU:
    7950 @1150/6000
    Dude, why do you need hardware acceleration? it works fine without it.

12. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    so using cards released a year before skyrim + forcing an unrelated game profile on it = some sort of false advertising? :puke2:

13. DarkFnh

DarkFnh Guest

GPU:
    6990m
    Same here .. its a crappy driver anyways I went back to 12.4 ...

14. blacblu

blacblu Guest

Skyrim is much smoother on these, also didn't broke Battlefield 3.

15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    WoW.....there's ignorance for you. Filing a complaint with the BBB against AMD won't do anything. The BBB has zero authority. Even if they did, exactly how would the BBB penalize AMD for problems related to your configuration?

16. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Phantom GS
    trying to help ;-)

I have the same problems (+ also sometimes ''grey screen of death''), but when I do not OC my GPU, then all is fine...
    Also CCC do not remembers color changes after reboot. :nerd:

17. moheban79

moheban79 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6970 - 2GB Trifire
    No but they dont support tripple xfire

No I'm pissed because they're support for triple crossfire is weak. My mention of Skyrim was actually positive for a change. So what these cards aren't new. These cards are new to me anyhow and old enough that they should still support them with their new drivers which screw up big time. You must be what an AMD ATI fan boy? Seriously.

18. moheban79

moheban79 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6970 - 2GB Trifire
    Free country..

Maybe some PR person at AMD will give a ****e and addresses these problems which arent there for everybody but are there for some. If they did enough QA or QC work maybe it wouldn't be so bad. But what do you care if I file a complaint? Do you work for AMD? Do have it tattooed on your arm or something? Its a free country. I can file a complaint if I want even though I know it wont help much. I really don't care what you fan boys really think anyhow...

19. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    moheban has a point there. Crossfire support for Skyrim seriously sucks... its now 7 months and I still get the flickering. Since the 1.6 Beta is released even new users as spyre himself are experiencing the yellow flickering! It forces us to disable crossfire entirely and especially on my 6970m's I could use the extra horse power. And spyre remains silent after I directly adressed him twice, I asked him if this issue is being looked into.

I don't like the direction this is going.

20. Sobek

Sobek Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280
    Not to mention you can't use things like ENBseries with Crossfire turned on in Skyrim or it's a total mess (both performance problems and flickering / texture issues). Even just stock Skyrim on Crossfire for myself and many other users results in flickering of water surfaces or smoke clouds... I'm not fussy, but surely it can't be THAT hard to fix? Yet the game has been out for how long now?