AMD Catalyst 12.6 (8.980.0 May 22) AMD Official BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, May 31, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    FuryXfire 3440x14freesync
    OK so far these drivers are amazing my cards run so good i gave 1 away and now I have only 2

2. nikitash

nikitash Banned

GPU:
    MSI R6870 HAWK
    Great drivers for games but i got few issue with this beta like slow startup of CCC and color settings not applied during windows 7 login to actual desktop, Have to wait for it 3 minutes to get color loaded or have to manually open CCC for colors settings take effect. This is driver issue not CCC.

3. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    And don't you forget it. People are quite unforgiving around here, so don't slip up.

Anyway, update your "Info-Pan" so there is no confusion next time, and others can better help you too.

4. Del_Boy

Del_Boy Banned

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 (2560x1600)
    nothing fixed in skyrim, still getting glitching and flashing in crossfire, going back to overriding assassin's creed profile.

5. Thunder83

Thunder83 Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 7970 3GB x2 xfire
    Hi,

I am getting the 'driver has stopped working and recovered' errors using 12.4 and now also with the 12.6 beta driver.

I beleive the driver is also causing my graphics to freeze for a couple of seconds then it all catches up again in Diablo 3 and also WoW.

Firefox is also crashing sometimes.

Any ideas?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  6. kidsafe

kidsafe Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB
    Scratch that, ATIMan fixed it.

7. psyside

psyside Master Guru

GPU:
    7950 @1150/6000
    Uninstall the drivers, (12.6) after you do it, reboot and clean with driver swpeeper in safe mode, reboot again install the drivers.

Now, uninstall the browser your using, uninstall flash player, clean the leftovers with ccleaner, reboot. Install your browser/flashplayer, disable hardware accelaration from youtube-flash player, and the browser.

Also clean the LOS use this link,
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager07.html

it should fix the issue.

8. Thunder83

Thunder83 Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 7970 3GB x2 xfire
    Thanks, I will give it a try, also your LOS link is broken.

9. psyside

psyside Master Guru

GPU:
    7950 @1150/6000
  10. Thunder83

Thunder83 Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 7970 3GB x2 xfire

11. lenne

lenne Guest

GPU:
    1080 GTX Gainward
    Pesets ceased working for me, anyone ?

12. bummerman

bummerman Master Guru

GPU:
    7970 tri-crossfire
    Lol!!haha!that explains it

13. Vestar

Vestar Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Tri-X OC
    Will it work in my hd 5650 mobility radeon?

14. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    FuryXfire 3440x14freesync
    Sapphire Trixx completely bongs these drivers so does disabling ULPS so dont do it or your crossfire may not work.

15. Sailindawg

Sailindawg Guest

GPU:
    Power Color LCS 7970
    I'm not trying to be argumentative, but all the error complaints, driver installation errors, performance errors I read about, are what I experience when I install ATI drivers by either installing over the old drivers or by just removing the old drivers via Program Featrures / ATI Install Manager. Especially when using beta drivers.

I only run one card. Currently I'm running a single 7970. I recently installed the 12.4 WHQL's after just running the ATI Install Manager. CCC would not open. Very frustrated, I removed via CCC/ATI Install Manager, then cleaned up the old files with ATIman.

ATIman program removed the old files, returning the OS to a more virgin state. I reinstalled the 12.4's without issue and the 12.4's are running very well. Eyefinity works well, my single monitor / eyefinity presets work as advertised. Following Catalystcreater on Twitter, he even suggests a clean driver install.

It would be great to reinstall my OS every time I changed vid drivers, but that isn't happening. I reinstall my OS about once every 12-18 months. No need to do otherwise. Vid drivers, different story. Vid drivers get changes all the time. nVidia is no better than ATI when it comes to stock driver removal. I have always performed a clean install for both driver sets and I don't have vid driver / performance issues unless the driver just fixes one game and breaks support for everything else.

I really don't understand the "controversy" regarding a thorough removal of vid card drivers via a decent third party app like ATIman. Neither ATI or nVidia have developed a decent driver removal tool. They should. I will be reinstalling my OS soon. I will try both methods of driver removal after installing a fresh OS starting with the simplest via CCC/Install Manager. I'll rejudge the results. I do believe that I will only use WHQL drivers from now though.

16. moheban79

moheban79 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6970 - 2GB Trifire
    Filed BBB complaint

I had so much hope for these drivers but they're nothing but a big 'F' for Failure! For me they didn't work much better than 12.4 and were worse. I recommend anyone running multi triple gpu eyefinity to stay away from these. I had like tearing in every game and graphical anomolies. Had to disable and enable Xfire once again to get all three gpus working at full speed. Only thing positive was that in Skyrim with 'AFR Friendly' mode turned on I got like 85% utilization at times on all three gpus but not without texture corruption here and there. So that was the last straw as I just filed a BBB complaint against AMD. They had like three months to fix this and they failed. Wish I went with nvidia last year!

What a mistake!

Edit: These drivers were installed after doing an ATI rapid express uninstall, reboot, device manager - manual gpu uninstall - reboot - safe mode driver sweaper - reboot new install.

17. crunkazcanbe

crunkazcanbe Guest

GPU:
    ATI 7970 Trifire
    eyefinity is working fine for me best so far 3 30"

18. bummerman

bummerman Master Guru

GPU:
    7970 tri-crossfire
    Crysis 2 may do btter with 2 cards-Alice 2 got slower with 3-gonna stick with them for a few days at least for testing

19. bummerman

bummerman Master Guru

GPU:
    7970 tri-crossfire
    wow, three 30 in.!

20. bummerman

bummerman Master Guru

GPU:
    7970 tri-crossfire
    what resolution can it handle-must have to compromise a bit. I tested the new card in a z board and it kept crashing right away with PCI-e 3.0 and all., but it worked in another board-thought it was gonna be 5 returns in a row for sec