AMD Catalyst 12.6 (8.980.0 May 22) AMD Official BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, May 31, 2012.

Tags:
  1. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    On the topic of color how come there is two options? one under desktop and another under my digital flat-panel?
    Is this correct desktop color only changes the desktop so games wont have any affect unless you change the digital flat-panel option?

Thanks and sorry if this a stupid question ;)

2. MyBrains

MyBrains Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 OC 950MHz
    Tried that before and it never worked. Second Life just seems to be the exception to the rule when it comes to games (which it isnt a game anyway,its a 3D virtual world) I just get pi**ed off that AMD will support all other OGL games and leave Second Life like they have nobody testing their cards there although thousands of people in SL actually run ATI/AMD cards and i know a lot that have same problems as i have. I guess in the eyes of AMD.. Second Life doesnt count :(

I might just pick up a 7870 or 7950 as it seems they are more focused on the 7xxx series now but i can see me still running 12.1 or putting the 12.1 OGL files into any of the later drivers.

And for the record i never use driver sweeper.. always go through control panel and uninstall 'all' ATI/AMD drivers.. reboot.. delete all ATI/AMD folders.. reboot.. run ccleaner.. reboot.. install new drivers. Funny how when i revert back to 12.1 i never have a problem. Also i started fresh on a new Samsung 830 only a few months ago.

Maybe i'll pick up a Sapphire 7950 Dual X i've seen for £300.

We'll see.

3. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Just tested with a restart, and upon system boot my display had the black boarder all round I also tested with the color black and white so left it for 1 min or so and the display went black and white and also fitting screen full :)
    But the question is how come it now takes so long for it to fit screen full? where on 12.4 my screen was full once I hit the windows welcome screen.

strange

4. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Are you sure the problem come from it ? are you using a special display settings?

Cause i dont see any difference, it sill normal ..

Anyway BF3 work like a charm... I dont see any real difference in smoothness as i set 60 v-sync, all max setting in games, and my fps never move under it anyway.

5. bc_tileguy

bc_tileguy Guest

GPU:
    xfx 7970 crossfire
    yeah seams to be a great driver :)

6. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I just installed these from 12.4 OpenCL beta:

- FAST UNINSTALL EVERYTHING AMD (only have GPU CFX)
    - Reboot, SAFE MODE, CCLEANER, DRIVERSWEEPER AMD GPU DRIVERS only, CCLEANER AGAIN, Reboot normal
    - Install "modded" version of these drivers. Did not install Hydravision or Sound drivers. DO NOT REBOOT
    - Install 12.6 CAPS 1 from another thread
    - Reboot, set everything to max quality (16xEQAA, SSAA, 16xAnistropic Filtering, Vsync On for defaults), Reset Scaling to zero, and adjusted resolution.
    - Run Radeon Pro so it loads up my old game settings

Ran DirectComputeBenchmark_v0_45b - works
    Ran FluidMark 1.3.1 to test PhysX hybrid - works. 1.5.1 does not work
    Ran MPC HT edition to test H264 decoding... works...
    Launch STEAM, play a video, then select another background app to foreground, video pauses yet music is still playing.. same as 12.4 beta. Might FFMpeg issue- not a big deal but annoying.

ARMA 2 FREE on Steam - CFX working (~90% each) with SMAA injection. MLAA or in game FXAA is still blurry.

So far so good.. now off to test other games...

7. rebelstar

rebelstar Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire/6950/2GB/
    Specially registered here. I was very excited and had a lot of hopes once I read this magic notice (Fixed tearing in eyefinity). Well, this was a last chance for the AMD before I sell my 6950 since... oh god... TEARING IS STILL FKCING PRESENT AND NOT FIXED! THIS IS SO PISSING ME OFF! I'm getting the same **** on first and third screens. I have no idea WHY I'M GETTING it on first screen since it's connected via DVI. All 3 screens are identical and connected via DVI-DVI, DVI-DVI and DP-VGA. I believe GTX670 has no this annoying problem which is bothers me since 6XXX series released. I had no such problem once I owned 5850 since AMD "upgraded" Display port protocol (WHAT FOR?) in 6XXX/7XXX series. Since Nvidia doesn't require 2 cards to have triple screens running anymore I think this is the best way in my situation since AMD drained and exhausted all my mind power, I can't even play any games cuz of tearing because I'm seeing these god damned lines. God , how I hate AMD

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  8. Norezar

Norezar Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5970 4GB

Which is funny, as due to poor drivers and software in general my 4870 gives the same performance as the 5970 4GB (5850x2).

Basically: it still maxes everything with a single GPU.

9. Bhudda

Bhudda Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia FE 3070
    Well maybe you should read posts in it's entirety instead of skim reading (that's if you read the post at all) :bang:

Anyway I'm going back to 12.4. Gaming performance is temperamental, I get random flickering and that overscan feature is missing, (I could have lived without it, but when gaming performance drops in games like BF3 then it isn't worth it)

10. Bat_Zonko

Bat_Zonko Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 OC
    I dunno about these drivers. Something is off with them.

I'm having the same irritating problem with the application of the desktop color/saturation/gamma levels that others are reporting.
    In my previous drivers, after you set your desktop settings in the CCC, you did not need to load or open it to have them applied. As soon as Windows 7 main screen initialized, the settings took place. Even if I set the CCC to *not* load with Windows.

Now, with this release, nothing gets applied unless you load the CCC and then wait a couple of minutes for it to apply the settings. If you don't load CCC with Windows, it will never get applied until you load CCC.

I am also having a problem with voltage either never getting off the low-power state, or toggling to a low-power state then not going back up.

For example, in some games (YS Origin and Bioshock) it will not even get off that 0.806 and up to the normal 1.15 I have it set to in Sappire Trixx.
    In Fallout, it downclocked the voltage in the game when I activated the PipBoy (which resulted in the normal low-voltage crash).
    It also did the same in Dirt 3 and Dirt Showdown.
    Now in none of the above was it a show stopping system crash, it was the standard video freeze or flip back to the desktop with the game minimized.

I ran Unigine and 3dMark11 without a hitch. Both clocked up fine and stayed there. And they benched just fine (Unigine's score was same as previous few drivers, and 3dMark11 picked up around 100).

The wait to initialize the desktop I could live with. It is the voltage that is frustrating. Could be these drivers do not play nice with the Sapphire Trixx voltage settings.
    I hope not, because that would be stupid of AMD since Sapphire is a flagship AMD distributor. You'd think they (AMD) would work that out beforehand.

I'm going to strip these out and re-install the 8.97 Betas and see what is what. I know they worked fine because that is what I was running before without any of the above problems. If I still have the problems, then it is something in my system that is screwed up.

Bats

11. Erizo

Erizo Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 3 GB
    Having the odd problem that when I'm playing Diablo III and a narrative video plays and I go back to gameplay the clocks drop down to idle speeds and I have to alt tab out and back in to fix it, anyone else? Didn't happen with the 8.97.

12. link626

link626 Member

GPU:
    amd 6650m, nvda gtx660m
    unsurprising to hear.

AMD has been having A LOT of clock issues since 12.2 catalyst.

it started when clocks would stick at highest speed, then after 12.3, they would stick at lowest speed.

Your problem is a mix. But you have idle sticky clock after low gpu load video.

report the bug-
    http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D20B2F3EAC

13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    You're beating the same dead horse I was.... People think that letting the installer remove everything doesn't work and that all these 3rd party cleaners are required. I've tried to explain to them that this type software causes more issues than it will ever fix...but they swear these 3rd party cleaners don't cause any issues (even though the dev for DriverSweeper has actually admitted to his app removing registry files required by the system in Win7 because he screwed up).....but, let all these people screw up their Windows install. This is exactly why AMD has such a hard time fixing bugs. They get too many bull**** bug reports from people blindly using 3rd party apps to remove drivers.

14. link626

link626 Member

GPU:
    amd 6650m, nvda gtx660m

report it, and pray they fix it.

http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D20B2F3EAC

15. erocker

erocker Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Since sometime during the 9 series of drivers I've been doing this exact method: http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52502

I've had one issue with one driver set that caused BSOD's for me. Can't remember which one it was... pretty sure it was with the 10 series drivers. Never once have I had Driver Sweeper delete/remove something that it shouldn't.

16. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    The dev previously posted on the official site for DriverSweeper that a released version was removing system entries from the registry in Win7. I seriously doubt he'd have posted that if it wasn't true.

17. erocker

erocker Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Which version? I must of luckily never ran this version. I'll check out the site.

*Looks like it was 2.9.0. 3.2.0 works great and I can confirm that for AMD and Nvidia drivers.

Now, I'm not saying you're wrong or anything. I'm just posting what I have done for the past few years and it has worked with success.

18. bemaniac

bemaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090
    7970 spins upto 100% fan speed and I lose the picture while browsing the web twice with these. Then went to try psychonauts which i just got and there is artifacting everywhere. Went back to 12.4 and everything fixed and back to stable again.

19. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    are you using an OC program?

20. syncore

syncore Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6990 4GB + XFX GTS250
    These are running great for me (BF3) in 5760x1080 Eyefinity on my 6990. FINALLY, the idle clock bug is FIXED on the 6000 series! :) No CCC problems, no clock problems, no HDMI problems. NOTHING. Will definitely keep