AMD Catalyst 12.6 (8.980.0 May 22) AMD Official BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, May 31, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    I know that. But I had to try.

Yep, they just lost a customer.

2. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    come on mike....

if you are using one of the older cards, are you really a customer to begin with?

lol

3. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    WTF! norton quarantined atiumdag.dll during installation "atiumdag.dll contained threat Suspicious.Cloud.7.F" btw - I downloaded the 12.6 beta directly from AMD's website.

i recovered the .dll from quarantine but it put it the wrong location, where does it belong?

here come the "don't use norton" jokes.... :)

4. kyz

kyz Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon R9 290
    Its still not fixed here. Everytime I click Overdrive the tab vanishes. Does anyone know how to fix this?

5. pakoo

pakoo Member Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Red Devil EL
    I can confirm this too :(, crappy drivers for BC2 :wanker:.

Thanks for the info anyway.

6. Bhudda

Bhudda Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia FE 3070
    I did a clean install by removing existing drivers from control panel and running driver sweeper after a reboot. I downloaded 12.6 and ran it but I cannot get overscan and eyefinnity in the settings.

When I uninstalled my 12.3 driver the screen went black and never recovered after 5 minutes, so I restarted do you think that is the problem? When that happened I continued to uninstall 12.3 from control panel and ran driver sweeper.

This is the 3rd time I've tried to install 12.6 but I just can't get those to show where other people can.:bang:

Mine:
    [​IMG]

Other People:
    [​IMG]

Have you any advice? Edit - I have the HD7850 HIS IceQ

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  7. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Guess when this was stated it was never meant to be honored:

"The reason for the shift in support policy is largely due to the fact that the Radeon HD 2000, HD 3000, and HD 4000 Series have been optimized to their maximum potential from a performance and feature perspective. The 8.97-based driver, to be released in May, will be the first driver for the Radeon HD 2000, HD 3000, and HD 4000 Series under the new support model. According to AMD, it is an extremely stable and robust driver branch for these products and will be the baseline for the quarterly updates. In an effort to optimize the Radeon HD 5000 and newer cards, AMD states this move is the best use of its resources, as the Radeon HD 5000, Radeon HD 6000, Radeon HD 7000, and future products have the greatest potential for further performance and feature enhancements."

No more monthly updates for any card; all fine and good. Legacy support just took a back hand to the face.

8. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Yes lets all laugh at the poor bastard and the hundreds of thousands of other people who are laptop bound and can't afford to finance a good desktop rig.

Here's how I see it: AMD are basically saying, "you are now paying for our drivers" - well it's seems that way since "Nvidia" support their cards back to 6xxx and are still able to produce good drivers.

I'm hoping someone in the modding community will pick up the slack since AMD have now officially turned into sellouts.

9. psyside

psyside Master Guru

GPU:
    7950 @1150/6000
    Ahahahahah AMD!!!!!!!!!!!!

12.2/12.3/12.4/12.5/12.6 all freez during youtube videos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or either display drivers has stopped working!! i cant FIX THIS IM SO PISSED! i cant use my pc! sorry guys but its driving me nuts! i used atiman uninstaller, and everything and yet its freezing during youtube videos.

PLEASE SOMEONE IF YOU HAVE FIXED THIS REPORT HOW? :(

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  10. Comrade_Jerkov

Comrade_Jerkov Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1

11. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Yeah they say that, but it makes me wonder just how full of **** they are.

I think it's just because they get too many complaints from their customers about **** drivers, and "DX11" is becoming more of an industry standard.

12. ArgonV

ArgonV Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD XFX 7900 XTX
    Stop forcing a manual overclock via Afterburner or somesuch
    Update Adobe Flash Player and Java
    Update Mozilla Firefox
    Disable Flash Player Hardware Acceleration (Right click FLash video before it plays, click Properties)

I haven't seen this issue in quite some time...

13. psyside

psyside Master Guru

GPU:
    7950 @1150/6000
    1. I dont use oc at all atm.
    2.Ok will try.
    3. Its latest.
    4. Its disabled already.

Will report back.

14. Bhudda

Bhudda Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia FE 3070
    can you help with my issue? :nerd:

15. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Ok am now thinking going back 12.4, This overscan reset is doing my head in. Before I do am willing to give this driver one more install. Whats the best way to removing Amd completely from my system? I normally would un-install from control panel and then restart and run driver sweeper and restart, then install Amd driver and resart once more and then setup settings?

Is atiman better at doing its job than driver sweeper?
    Anyone else here using a 7950 and dont have there overscan resetting on system restart?

Thanks guys

Edit apart from that driver is great on BF3 noticed much smoother gameplay.

16. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    My whole point was that 8.97 was to be the corner stone of the quarterly updates. It has yet to be released. Starting off with a shotty foundation is not a good thing. Then eveyone else stating how good of a move this recent news is: Horse Hockey. Marketing bs is marketing bs. Mythbusters might have proved you could polish a turd but **** is still ****.

If a company can not be trusted with their public statements, bit naive, then what does this say about any further utterings vomitted out to their customers?

17. psyside

psyside Master Guru

GPU:
    7950 @1150/6000
    LOL! now there is missing disable hardware accelaration options in youtube, what gives?

http://i45.tinypic.com/apk3t1.jpg

also my clocks are all over the place during 1080p youtube playback,

from

core:250 to 500, and then to 890.

memory: 150 to 300 to 687 and then 1375

Its killing me really...

18. Miken420

Miken420 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti FE
    !!!

Woo! That was sooooo annoying when I'd switch between TV and HDMI for my 2nd screen! :banana:

19. Bhudda

Bhudda Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia FE 3070
    i think we have the same problem. I even tried installing 12.4 and then installing 12.6 over it without running driver sweeper and uninstalling the previous driver and it still did not show.

20. TheOriginalTO

TheOriginalTO Master Guru

GPU:
    5500 XT / 8gb
    Installing these on my 5870m raised my idle temps by 20c from 49/69 for some reason. back to 8.97 for me I guess.