AMD Catalyst Von modded

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Von Dach, Nov 12, 2010.

1. leshcat

leshcat Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6770
    Impressive.

Links yet not functional.

2. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  3. leshcat

leshcat Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6770
    Okay, could you share working links or mirror?

4. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    just change (dot) to . :)

I can't share links here... :(

5. leshcat

leshcat Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6770
    i was refering to multiupload links :D

6. flouro

flouro Guest

GPU:
    XFX 4890
    Pretty dissapointing that my ASUS P6X58D is enforcing HPET and can't be switched off. I'm measuring really bad kernal timer latency spikes starting from the 15-30 range and jumping to 150-200 consistently every 2-4 seconds. I never used to have this issue on my older box. Right now I'm on Win7 64-bit.

Does anyone else share similar issues or know of any workarounds?

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  7. onemoar

onemoar Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060SC @2250/4550
    HPET IS FASTER and Required for windows 7
    the problem you have lies elseware id start with the audio/nic drivers

HPET is a continuously running timer that counts upward, not a one-shot device that counts down to zero, causes one interrupt and then stops. Since HPET compares the actual timer value and the programmed target value on equality rather than "greater or equal", interrupts can be missed if the target time has already passed when the comparator value is written into the chip's register. In the presence of non-maskable interrupts (such as System Management Interrupts) that do not have a hard upper bound on their execution time, this race condition requires time-consuming re-checks of the timer after setup and is hard to avoid completely. The difficulties are exacerbated if the comparator value is not synchronized with the timer immediately, but delayed by one or two ticks, as some chipsets do.[4]

8. TorrentG

TorrentG Guest

GPU:
    HIS AGP 3850 Turbo IceQ3
    Use DPC latency checker if not already, then you can temp disable items in the device manager while it's running to see if there is any positive difference.

http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

Uninstall any 3rd party security software in safe mode with special tool. Reboot and install MSE.

Uninstall any unnecessary 3rd party apps that install drivers, if still needed.

9. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Would be more helpful if you just give an example application of that 'special tool'.
    Besides, most (proper) 3rd party security softwares can't/won't be uninstalled properly under Safe Mode since they need the Windows Installer service running.

10. TorrentG

TorrentG Guest

GPU:
    HIS AGP 3850 Turbo IceQ3
    Special tool = the one made to remove by manufacturer of software.

Not true about safe mode. Special tool removes everything well there. Many times depending on the product, it is necessary as drivers remain installed (using normal mode) and are still loaded into memory when Windows boots normally. For that reason, it still can cause bsods or whatever system problem it was previously causing.

Here is a quick example of Avast! and how it shows you to use safe mode:

http://www.avast.com/it-it/uninstall-utility

11. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    And what if the developer doesn't make one?

Exactly why I said 'most'; that basically means 'not all'.
    Besides, it still remains true regarding any installed software that uses Windows Installer, which denoted by an *.msi extension on its installer.
    As far as I know, avast! does not use Windows Installer.

No, those drivers are usually removed at the next startup, which is why most, if not all, antivirus software asks users to restart their PC to complete the uninstallation.
    Only improper installation/uninstallation would leave drivers behind after an uninstallation.

And like I mentioned before, it's next to useless if the developer doesn't create a specific uninstaller (intended for troubleshooting) for their own applications, and obviously a user won't be able to use avast! uninstaller for AVG or Kaspersky products, for example.

12. TorrentG

TorrentG Guest

GPU:
    HIS AGP 3850 Turbo IceQ3
    k1net1cs, I've helped more people than you could ever know. I've had people time and time again literally tell me things like that I saved their life, because of how much they appreciated it. (I'll show you the links if you wish.)

All antivirus makers have a special uninstall tool. They all need to be used in safe mode for the best results.

I direct people to do it countless times every day for years for all products to repair their bsods and other system issues. I never let anyone down and repair well in one post for bsods. I have never had to tell someone, "Sorry, I can't fix your bsod." Ever.

So maybe you could just take my word for it based on all of the above?

13. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    Guys, I experiment with HPET and I'd like to ask: everyone who turns it off can see such a big latency drop as the OP?

I've 120-200μs and it goes to 680μs for a moment every 10 secs I think. No matter if it's off or on. I've ASUS, but in BIOS there's option to disable HPET. The problem is, I don't see any difference, especially like the OP's. Maybe 10-20μs on average. I dropped a little the latency by disabling every unneeded process.

EDIT: Well... Forget the above. I was on idle clocks. I opened BF3 and with HPET on I've 45μs average. With HPET off 550μs... This is not for me, obviously.

14. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Do you always do this?
    Show how you've helped so many people whenever you see someone asking about your method of helping people?

I rather have links for these.
    If they all do have it I'm pretty much interested in getting them.
    So, any links?

Why do you need a reassurance that you're a professional PC fixer from me?
    Personally, I don't really care.
    I only cared about how confused people would be after reading that sentence of yours about 'needing a special tool' but you didn't really specify any until I asked about it.

Now, links for those uninstallers, please?
    If you're going to suggest people over the Internet to use those then it's common sense to also help them on where they can get it.

15. TorrentG

TorrentG Guest

GPU:
    HIS AGP 3850 Turbo IceQ3
    If you or anyone else is too demented to be able to use Google well, then your pc issues shouldn't be fixed for free and it should then be taken to a shop for repairs.

In any case, here's a list made by a colleague of mine: http://www.carrona.org/avuninst.html

16. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    lmao you should see his post history. He claims to be an expert in every 3rd or 4th post.

Plus he's using multi accounts to boost his ego.. sad.

Remember that dude that claimed he was from OCN and a PSU expert then got the hammer?

same deal lol.

17. TorrentG

TorrentG Guest

GPU:
    HIS AGP 3850 Turbo IceQ3
    Untrue. Stop being infatuated with me, please. It is not wanted.

18. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Lol it's very true and quite obvious buddy.

19. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    What a helpful mentality.

Wasn't that hard, was it?

20. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    im still laughing about the nonsense in the "Wheres my new AMD Driver" thread...