7770 BSOD Help

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Varistargrim, May 25, 2012.

1. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    OK, a lot of people have random bsod's fixed by disabling ulps.

The link above is for a small app that does it automatically if you don't want to mess with regedit...

2. Varistargrim

Varistargrim Guest

GPU:
    CFx 7770
    I'm feeling pretty stable after doing a "stress" test of everything that would give me a black screen, launched dirt3 mass effect 3 diablo 3 (hm...3...) and alt tabbed out of them furiously with no crashes while listening to music in the background and it wouldn't stutter out.

3. TorrentG

TorrentG Guest

GPU:
    HIS AGP 3850 Turbo IceQ3
    Awesome!

@Portal2Two - I see you know the deal well too - good advice with the security stuff as I've said in another thread, too. :)

The OP here did not have any security software installed at all.

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  4. Portal2Two

Portal2Two Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6970
    @Portal2Two - I see you know the deal well too - good advice ...

:)

Always pleasure to hear that from a debugging king, thanks Chs. TG's expert reputation is well known and does go far and beyond.

The OP didn't have any security stuff but he might go ahead and install it, so this was a general caution altogether with no overclocking and no overheating. I didn't know he had 2 7000 cards, apparently this is where his 116 by atiamdag.sys comes from.

As for his drivers, I didn't lmsmtn because you had already done a good job and 116 by atiamdag was evident. The fact it's 2 7770 means it's very much like an immature driver for 7000 CF.

5. TorrentG

TorrentG Guest

GPU:
    HIS AGP 3850 Turbo IceQ3
    hahaha I bet you could answer that thing in the other thread. You might be one of the few exceptions lol.

Thanks for the support. But shhhhh, let's see Pill answer as he so much experience.

6. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Haha nice fake account. You are starting to sound real familiar.

Sure you haven't been banned from here before?

7. TorrentG

TorrentG Guest

GPU:
    HIS AGP 3850 Turbo IceQ3
    Not a fake account. Dude, you should be embarrassed by everything by now. If not, how do you eliminate it from affecting you so easily? Go analyze those crash dumps and tell us the cause. :)

8. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    why? I don't give crap about dump logs how many time to I have to tell you.

And we'll soon see about your account status.

9. TorrentG

TorrentG Guest

GPU:
    HIS AGP 3850 Turbo IceQ3
    Really? Are you lying now or are you just brain damaged?

Previous quote by you:

"Hahaha you think you're the only one who can read a dump log? Get real you pompous little prick. I was reading .dmp files while you were prob still in diapers.
    I've got over 15yrs of IT experience plus MSC and CompTia certification, and prob forgotten more about about computers than you've learned in your entire short life.

I don't give a shlt if you can read dump logs, that may mean something on an OS related forum like the one you just got banned from, but on a hardware site the logs are usually worthless and experience and knowledge prevail. Neither of which you have apparently.

I could tell you what different stop codes are caused by without even having to look at a dmp file. That's experience. Can you do that? I doubt it.

So get of your high horse mr high and mighty and start listening instead of running your proverbial mouth off, you may learn something here, that's if you last much longer."

10. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    What? why are you quoting my posts?

Not following you, not that I really care.

11. Varistargrim

Varistargrim Guest

GPU:
    CFx 7770
    You guys....lol.... Anyways my comp was working perfect until I disabled ulps and installed afterburner. Started the same black screening. I enabled ulps uninstalled afterburner and that didn't help so I did the whole process over again and it looks like I'm stable again. It must be afterburner that causes the problem eh?

12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    More than once....

It's unlikely that it's afterburner itself but possibly a software conflict.

Disabling ULPS will resolve the issue for some but not all. As I've never encountered your exact issue, I'm of little help. I use Asus GPU Tweak personally as installing Afterburner has resulted in driver crashes for me. Since my system is stable with GPU Tweak, I've had no real reason to put forth the effort to diagnose the problem. My suggestion though, would be to report your issues and any information you can provide in the Afterburner section. Unwinder usually welcomes any information that can help make Afterburner better.

13. Varistargrim

Varistargrim Guest

GPU:
    CFx 7770
    It looks like 12.3 is the only stable driver for me right now after trying 12.4 .5 and. 6. 4 and 6 black screen about every 30 minutes. Sometimes right after login. Thanks everyone for helping me figure it out.

14. Varistargrim

Varistargrim Guest

GPU:
    CFx 7770
    And I'm still getting a black screen with 12.3 but less frequently. I guess it's as good as it gets for now :p

edito
    I was perusing another forum and I think someone's solution was to disable the amd fuel service. I'll give it a try after work. Fingers crossed eh. It looks like these black screen and idle bugs are starting to pop up quite often now. I'm happy to know people are working towards finding the solution and fixing it now and it wasn't just a case of faulty hardware on my end.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  15. Varistargrim

Varistargrim Guest

GPU:
    CFx 7770
    I think this issue has been solved, I'm using the 12.6 beta 2 ulps disabled and instead of having a slideshow set for my wallpaper I'm just using 1 background, haven't had any issues in about 2 or so days now. Thanks for all the help everyone!

16. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Nice...