NVIDIA GeForce 302.71 Mobile

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, May 30, 2012.

1. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    It doesn't show up in add/remove!

2. joe187

joe187 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070ti FTW
    Yeah same here, but it does install a service.... that you can stop and disable in windows cpanel --> admin. tools --> services

3. Jakshi

Jakshi Member Guru

GPU:
    PoV GTX680@1300/3700
    I can confirm, Mass Effect 3 and other UE3 games dont stutter for me anymore with vsync.
    So for everyone who can't wait for a desktop beta or the official nvidia release should download these.

4. IDSG89

IDSG89 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090
    Nice Performance in all games, but MW3 crashes after 5-10 mins, it's a shame, others games runs good, can anyone else confirm this?

5. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Any performance increase noticable for 6xx users?

6. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    No crashes, just played MW3 for about 90 mins. Fast, stable, etc. OC'd 180/400

7. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    So far, it's running fine here, only thing is, the tray icon is missing... Besides that, no problems... I tried to start it manually, with no success....

8. ArCElM

ArCElM Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 680 x2 SLi
    Guys will this not DAMAGE your card? installing drivers for a windows 8 notebook onto a windows 7 desktop card?

9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Nah, NVIDIA code unified drivers that support all their cards so these will be no different than the 302.xx ones which will eventually be released for desktops and Quadro. These drivers just won't have been tested on desktop cards, that's all, so you may experience the odd issue or two.

10. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7900GRE
    Theres your answer.

11. ArCElM

ArCElM Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 680 x2 SLi
    I have no clue what your on about.

Anyway, I decided to take a gamble out of desperation to have vsync on without the FPS keep dipping to 59.

And I can CONFIRM that in Borderlands these drivers make no difference whatsoever.. could I say they have improved? SURE I COULD but I would never be sure if it was a PLACEBO or not.

All I can CONFIRM is, FRAPS still keeps dipping to 59... and that's no placebo.

Is FRAPS the best method of doing this? it dips to 59 for a couple of seconds then back to 60.. as demonstrated by Brendruis in his videos, in his Mass Effect video he shows how his 560Ti does NOT do this.

The hell is going on ?

EDIT
    Right, I decided to try MSI Afterburner for FPS monitoring and to also try SKYRIM.

Here is what I found, in MSI Afterburner playing Borderlands the FPS line was flat, but FRAPS still kept dipping to 59, if I was put on the spot I would say I did not feel a stutter though, I cannot CONFIRM this yet.

Now, playing SKYRIM it was near enough the opposite, FRAPS held 60 much MUCH better than normal, yet the MSI Afterburner line, was like this

[​IMG]

And I could feel noticeable stutters (erm. that big one was ofc a map load)

I do not know what to make of all this I am just trying to report some facts to you guys, the experts.

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  12. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Are you using a framerate limiter? Is your monitor refresh rate in windows actually running at 60 or at 59 (right click desktop, screen resolution, advanced)

13. ArCElM

ArCElM Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 680 x2 SLi
    Sup,

60hz 100%

However now you mention it Borderlands ITSELF limits the FPS, to 62, does this make a difference?

EDIT

I remembered I set the Borderlands internal frame limiter to 60 from 62

So I put it back to 62 and tried again, now Borderlands has the same line as SKYRIM, messy, not flat.

Quite frankly I am just sorry I got drawn back into PC gaming, I was so happy/oblivious on my Xbox for the past 2 years.

14. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    I have noticed that framerate limiters are not 100% reliable, and can actually CAUSE hitches instead of resolving them. personally i tend to just use vsync with triple buffering (forced through d3doverrider)

If you want to play games on 7 year old technology, with crap graphics and textures and framerates and an inferior control method then be my guest :)

15. ArCElM

ArCElM Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 680 x2 SLi

[​IMG]

EDIT: oh the xbox. I have a HUGE amount to say here, but cba.

EDIT2: OK I have to say something.... **EDITED FOR LESS OFFENCE**because comments like this wind me up some.**EDITED FOR LESS OFFENCE** I would not use mouse and keyboard again, even for Diablo3 which I am missing out on SOLELY due to of lack of controller support.

This is from somebody who was a high level competitive CS 1.6 player for the best part of 5 years.. yes yes steelseries this zowie gear that f0rest this Tentpole that, you can cram them up ur jaxxy and give me my Xbox controller please while I sit back with my feet up in my HUGE comfy chair, or bed (or wherever the fk I feel like it) in front of my HUGE Sony Bravia with epic 5.1 Surround sound and game the way gaming should be.

I would rather lick my own sack on webcam than game like this again..

[​IMG]

AND YEEEES BISHI I have NO DOUBT that this is YOU & you are VERY happy.

[​IMG]

**EDIT** ^^ THIS IS A JOKE ^^ CHILL! OUT! IT'S MEANT TO BRING A SMILE TO SOME FACES

16. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Was that really necessary? I would be more then happy to see you move back to using consoles.

17. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Wow so i try to help you, make one offhanded comment about a console which IS seven years old (its not like i was exaggerating) and you act like a little 14 year old girl having her first period.

Please do go back to just playing on your XBOX, you'll obviously be much happier there.

18. ArCElM

ArCElM Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 680 x2 SLi
    rofl there is more personality/sense of humour at a funeral than on internet forums.

GET A GRIP.
    CHILL OUT.
    HAVE A LAUGH.
    SMILE!

Jesus.. :bang:

19. joe187

joe187 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070ti FTW
    I just.. that's just...

:leave:

20. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Arceim what the **** is your problem. Why are you such a dick to total strangers? Your attitude 100% belongs back with the consoles kids, so do us all a favour and piss off back there. Theres honestly no need to be such a tool. Also welcome to ignore, i couldnt be arsed to read any of your nonsense again and I hope to that the mods see your total lack of respect for the other members and permanently bans you. You sound like a 14 year old girl, waaaah waaaah.