Traveling to australia. what to know?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Jw_Leonhart, May 26, 2012.

1. blinx

blinx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 680
    If AUS doesn't do it for ya check out the west coast people tend to be more chill and friendly compared to the east

2. zhengzhoudave

zhengzhoudave Guest

GPU:
    4GB EVGA GTX680 FTW 2xSLI
    I've said it before and I'll say it again - people take their **** with them! I know, I moved to China to get away from mine, but it ****ing followed me there!!!

3. Jayaitch

Jayaitch Guest

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 460
    In Australia - Everything wants to kill you.

4. Skyline1010

Skyline1010 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 650Ti Boost
    To the OP...

You live in New Jersey. No wonder you want to leave the U.S. entirely.

There are 49 better states to choose from.

5. Jw_Leonhart

Jw_Leonhart Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeforceGTX 770 SC
    You're not kidding.... This state is appalling. Lets not even go into how alot of the cops are on power trips here... they love to pull over people out of state cuz they know people will just pay it.... things aren't right here..

Either way I would just love a change of scenery, and this country is slowly going to the dogs anyway. If we keep going the way we are in the USA we will end up a third world country one day... and I for one don't want to be around for it...

All politicians here are pimps. They just do **** without explaining why they do it... and they listen to nobody... They are mostly 70 year old men who feel they can do anything they want... We need new blood but it will never change. Status quo.

6. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Police everywhere do that, it's some weird game to them. If you're from out of state anywhere, your chances of getting pulled over are much higher.

7. KCjoker

KCjoker Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    Well if the OP is going to move to a new country Australia is probably the one I'd consider as well. Beautiful country and the people I've always heard to be nice. I don't care what any of you say though the snakes/spiders/sharks/etc...scare the hell out of me.

8. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    This.

I lived in LA for almost 5 years. Other than the horrible traffic and the expensive alcohol at the bars, it was really nice out there. I met some really cool people who I still stay in contact with to this day.

9. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    You could always come to NZ, Its pretty relaxed, boring and the people are either nice or just don't even talk to you. The Govt is always a laugh and the most interesting news we have on the front page is mostly about penguins on beaches and other mind blowing events, you should see the new public toilets in Wellington that cost upwards of NZ$300,000 that are shaped like a crayfish's tale. Tax dollars dont get wasted around here.

10. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Being a born and bread Kiwi of 27yrs I can honestly say that's a load of carp. But nice try. :)

Oh, and don't forget about all the raciest ****s NZ has to offer, and the impossibility of finding good work (with our rapidly decreasing employment rate and what not). Not as bad as some parts of the world for sure, but no matter where you go you will always be faced with the same **** day in day out.

Last edited: May 31, 2012

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Lol, Dude! My whole post was sarcasm, except for the bit about the crayfish toilets.

12. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    ^ Ah, gotcha. :)

Are those cray fish toilets along the harbor? I've never seen them.

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yep, honestly Wellington City council is a joke, and there's this hilarious NZ rugby world cup statue next to Civic Square - they out sourced the design to an american artist and got Weta I think to make it, even though there's an art gallery in civic square that has well known (if you keep up with the NZ art scene, I myself don't) NZ artists coming and going all the time which is a bit of a slap in the face if you ask me.

Note:Chill, nothing against americans - Just doesn't seem right to pay to have another country design your countries icons or whatevers when at the same time your entertainment industry and homegrown talent struggle to get recognized as it is.

14. Jw_Leonhart

Jw_Leonhart Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeforceGTX 770 SC
    What makes it hard for a place like NZ to have job growth is the fact that it's an island. Here you huge cities, large masses of people... same goes with a place like Britain, Japan or Australia... NZ is just a small place.

15. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    It's a bit more than that, mate.