Core I7 950 to Intel Core i7-2600K BX80623I72600K

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by Victor Morales, May 23, 2012.

1. Victor Morales

Victor Morales Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA 580
    Havent posted in a while i wanted to see is there difference and even its its worth the change to get a new CPU and MOBO.

Let me know as soon as possible. Going to make a run to the store thanks

2. Victor Morales

Victor Morales Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA 580
    Look at this MOBO ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Intel Series 7 Motherboard

3. kingnosser

kingnosser Banned

GPU:
    MSI560tiTFII/OC/1GB
    I'm feeling that's a side grade, if your going to upgrade from a 950 you would be better to go the 2011 route imo, as I think your get a minor boost but not worth the spend.

4. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    ur running at 4.2ghz, do not waste your money bro

5. Victor Morales

Victor Morales Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA 580
    What's 2011 ?

6. Vxheous

Vxheous Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X
    Sandybridge-E processors.

7. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Which are expensive.

8. Victor Morales

Victor Morales Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA 580
    So here is the story. I wasn't patient in waiting on a response and I went to compusa and purchased the above listed.

I just put it all together and am installing windows

Now after I read about socket 2011 I feel ripped off they the 3930k for the same price i paid for 2600k. I went to the store and tried to return it but they wanted to charge a 15 percent restocking fee I advised the manager I was told the 2600k is the best one they had and the jump from 950 to the 2600 would be great since I can overclock it more. he told me since I was told that he would let me exchange it but I will be with out computer for a couple of days since they didn't have it in stock

The motherboard is really nice i am liking the uefi bios but after doing the math if I would I would spend about 80 bucks for the 3d generation.

Would you guys pack everything up and return it and get the latest stuff I am not sure what to do?

9. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Guest

3930K is not the same price as the 2600K. If so you definitely should have bought it. I think your thinking of the 3820 which is a limited overclocker SB-E. I would stick with the 2600K and overclock to 4500mhz or more. The best thing would have been to wait, but it's too late for that. :)

10. Victor Morales

Victor Morales Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA 580
    Your correct about the chip I looked at the wrong one it's the 3820. I was having some issues with my old setup and decided to upgrade now I am not really sure if it was a upgrade someone just tell me the truth so i can feel better or worse lol

11. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    It's probably a slight upgrade, you won't notice anything really dramatic unless you came from something like a Core i7 800 series CPU or earlier CPUs.

deltatux

12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Depends on usage/config. The i7 870 and i7 950 were extremely close in performance. i7 2600K is roughly 10-30% faster than the i7 950 depending on application. You see the largest difference in synthetic benchmarks. Of course, with proper cooling, that performance difference can be increased a bit as the i7 2600K can rather easily reach 4.5ghz (and beyond if you don't mind playing with voltages).

13. Victor Morales

Victor Morales Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA 580
    Thats making me feel better now this board the asus sabertooh z77.. The UFI i cant figure out how to overclock LOL so used to the EVGA i had can anyone help

14. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Increase the multiplier....lol

In the UEFI screen, click on the "Advanced Mode" button. Then click on the "Ai Tweaker" tab. Change the setting for "Turbo Ratio" to Manual. Then set the "Ratio Synchronizing Control" to Enable. Then set the multiplier (40 = 4ghz, 45=4.5ghz). I do recommend disabling "CPU Spread Spectrum". Do NOT adjust the bclk....

15. Victor Morales

Victor Morales Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA 580
    Getting a bit annoyed I did what you said but it does not show the increase in windows

16. Victor Morales

Victor Morales Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA 580

In Cupid I c the core go to 4506 but then drops to 1604.80 how can I keep it stable

17. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    That's just EIST (Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology) throttling your CPU to save energy and keep your computer cool when you don't need the clockspeed.

I usually keep it on because most times I seriously don't need to run my rig at my overclocked speed 24/7. Plus, it helps keep my rig cooled.

deltatux

18. Victor Morales

Victor Morales Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA 580
    I turned off intel speedstep but it still does it

19. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    You have to disable C1E, SpeedStep....and there might be another setting. Can never remember everything.

20. Victor Morales

Victor Morales Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA 580
    I was running prime for a while and the clocks stayed where they were supposed to be. Is it wise to keep it on or leave it off ?