Nvidia GeForce 301.42 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by xavier2k5, May 22, 2012.

1. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    tested skyrim with these, forcing AO in CP works again on outside areas :)

2. dralkalde

dralkalde Guest

GPU:
    Zotac gtx 580 Amp!
    Yes. Clocks bug present again...:3eyes:

3. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    is it me or this certified .42 stutter with vsync i was runing .40 and didnt notice anything...

4. KingCobra

KingCobra Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX660ti SLI
    Great drivers on my 3 current pc's which consist of each of the following (2/8800gtx's in sli), (2/460se's in sli), and my single gtx570 system. No stuttering or vsync issues that I've found yet, gained 200pts in 3dmark Vantage on the 460's in sli (up to 21060 from 20830). Tested in Skyrim, Dead Space 2, Battlefield 3 (seems very smooth now), and Alan Wake so far. Kids playing Diablo as I speak, will have to see how that fairs. So far keepers for me

5. flatfrogger

flatfrogger Member

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Anyone else play Tribes: Ascend here? Since the R300 series my performance with tribes has been dreadful, even the main menu stutters, rolling back to 296.10 sorts it. With the R301.24's i noticed a performance boost for pretty much all the other games i play but tribes? nope.

6. powerspec

powerspec Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FTW3
    For anyone with with this bug, from the Nvidia forums.

"3D clock speeds drop when playing games with certain factory overclocked graphics cards - Unable to reproduce at this time. We are continuing to investigate this issue and hope to provide a fix as soon as our QA team repdoces this issue in our labs."

So lets all send in our cards so they can reproduce the bug ;)

7. anf

anf Guest

GPU:
    650 ti boost 1 gb evga
    my graphics are better and games run smoother

I do not have a high end vid card - however need for speed world and tiger online appear to run better with this driver - why - peter , kansas:stewpid:

8. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    And that's why 302.59 are keepers. No clock bug with them.

9. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    so bottom of the line, are 301.42 good and stable? or should i be using 302.59?, i installed 301.42 yesterday tried metro 2033, i noticed when i load the game at start the fps is high then it drops down suddenly and stays there: my setup is gt 220 1gb ddr3, settings:
    FXAA: on
    anti aliasing transparency:2x supersample
    prerendered frames:1
    texture filtering:high quality
    threaded optimization: on

10. kazama

kazama Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X
    How is your perfomance with those drivers Darren Hodgson? im on .24 that seems to be the best for 680 sli.

Any 680 sli tested it with diablo 3? what about bf3?

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The v-sync stutter bug has not yet been fixed in a released driver so the issue is present in all the v30x.xx drivers that I've tried. I loaded up DiRT 3 this morning to benchmark it with SLI @ 1920x1200, Ultra, 8xQCSAA/16xAF (max=140 fps, ave=101 fps :D ) and I saw the stutter on the main menu... 60, 59, 60, 58, 60, 55, 60, 59, 60, 58, 60, 56, 60 fps, etc. even though the image was static during that interval.

12. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I'd say that these are pretty much identical to the v301.40 betas I was using; no surprise there since I reckon this is just a certified version of the beta drivers anyway. They're only 6 days newer I believe.

That means that the v-sync stutter bug is still there (see my post directly above re: DiRT 3) even in Diablo III, which also suffers from various issues caused by server lag (teleporting/rubber-banding, split second freezes, slowdown, etc.). When the game is behaving it runs OK with minor juddering every 2 seconds (due to the v-sync stutter bug) and with v-sync off runs between 90 and 350 fps depending on the area and amount of combat/effects going on. With v-sync enabled though the game will dip down to 40 fps at times which doesn't make sense when you consider that without v-sync it has never dipped below 90 fps (when lag isn't an issue).

Sadly, even when the v-sync stutter bug fixed drivers are released I don't think I'm going to be playing a silky-smooth running Diablo III. With v-sync off the framerate is higher but the tearing is horrid plus it doesn't fix the other issues such as teleporting. With v-sync on I get the judder and framerate dips lower than I should be getting. :(

*EDIT*
    There's also a bug with the Max Foreground FPS in Diablo III because if I set to 150 fps and disable v-sync then the game is capped to 100 fps. If uncheck the Max Foreground FPS only then the framerate jumps to 200+ fps. I don't know whether that is a game or driver issue as no-one else has confirmed that they're experiencing the same thing I am.

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  13. kazama

kazama Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X
    Thanks for the report darren :)

Happened to me too with .24, framerate cap at 100, i changed the foreground to 30, unchecking it framerate is uncapped but temp go up a lot.

Will check later when arrive from work the .42 if dont run fine i will rollback to .24 :)

14. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Seems to work fine. No issues and certain fixes are not in that I wanted. If only FXAA would appear in screenshots... If AMD can do it with MLAA so should NVIDIA with FXAA or this is just as useful as some display manufacturer putting FXAA post processing function in their display.

15. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    These drivers are good for 690,nice and stable.

edit....gpu 1 is downclocking,**** driver avoid if you have a 690!

Last edited: May 23, 2012

16. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    Dont get that problem on my 580, but i must say the diablo v-sync and frame limiter are pretty weird.
    By the way i fixed most of my diablo stuttering last night using adaptive v-sync (i know it really shouldn't do anything regarding the stutter....but it worked for me :3eyes:)

17. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Question: this is my first time with SLI but is it normal for it to be disabled after doing a driver update (I always choose a Custom Install and install them over the previous drivers)? The first game I played after I installed these drivers was Alan Wake's American Nightmare, using the same SLI profile as Alan Wake, and I noticed the game was only running on one GPU. I checked the control panel and noticed SLI was set to Disabled. Clicking on Maximum Performance fixed it though. I assumed because I installed over existing drivers that all my settings would be retained, including SLI.

SLI definitely seems to be a big step up from my experience with HD 5870 CFX two years ago. So far I haven't encountered any major issues and certainly no negative scaling (a depressingly common occurrence when I had AMD cards). The only minor issue I've seen was some flickering in the DiRT 3 menus but that was due to an incorrect SLI setting which is easily changed using NVIDIA Inspector (change the C to an 8).

18. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I haven't seen that issue with GTX 680 SLI so it seems odd that it effects the GTX 690, since it is is just slightly downclocked GTX 680 SLI on a single card.

Are you using Adaptive or Maximum Performance in the Global profile (I use the latter).

19. ZebMacahan

ZebMacahan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    So far I haven't noticed this problem on my card.. No Vsync-stutter issue either. Tried numerous games(Metro 2033, Batman: AC, BF3, Diablo 3( some random lag, fps dips, not sure if it's game or driver related), Deus EX HR, The Witcher 2(no übersampling), Skyrim, Risen 2) with everything maxed out at 1920x1200. Getting a steady 60 FPS on all these games with Adaptive Vsync activated in NVCP. My card is still at stock settings.

20. Boggy68

Boggy68 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI G6 Gaming
    That is normal. You even need to enable SLI after updating via device manager.