FIX BSOD ATI Blue screen on atikmdag.sys solved fix

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by 12stones, May 19, 2012.

1. 12stones

12stones Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6970 2GB GD
    FIX BSOD ATI Blue screen on atikmdag.sys solved fix

YOU NEED DO IT
    Driver Sweeper DONT WORK AND DO NOT DELETE ALL FILES

YOU NEED DO IT EVEN IN A FRESH COPY OF WINDOWS 7 IS INSTALED

atikmdag Stopped Responding – Step 1: Download and install the latest ati graphic driver.

atikmdag Stopped Responding – Step 2: Then go to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers and rename atikmdag.sys to atikmdag.sys.old.

atikmdag Stopped Responding – Step 3: Go to ati directory (usually in C:\ATI) and find the file atikmdag.sy_.

atikmdag Stopped Responding – Step 4: Copy the file to your Desktop directory.

atikmdag Stopped Responding – Step 5: Open cmd.exe by going to Start -> type cmd in the search box and hit enter.

atikmdag Stopped Responding – Step 6: Change the directory to Desktop by typing chdir Desktop.

atikmdag Stopped Responding – Step 7: Then, type EXPAND.EXE atikmdag.sy_ atikmdag.sys. Or,
    expand -r atikmdag.sy_ atikmdag.sys

atikmdag Stopped Responding – Step 8: When the expansion is complete, copy the new atikmdag.sys from your Desktop to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers

atikmdag Stopped Responding – Step 9: Restart your computer and the problem should be resolved.

ALSO DISABLE HARDWARE ACCELERATION IN FLASH

I SPEND 1 YEAR LOOKING FOR THIS SOLUTION
    I FOUND IN ONE SITE
    THE CREDITS FOR THIS SOLUTION IS HERE

http://www.computertipsfree.com/fix-43029-atikmdag-sys-blue-screen-bsod-in-windows-7/

THANK YOU FOR THIS GUY EXIST

THE PROBLEM IS IN AMD ATI CCC

IF THE PROBLEM CONTINUES DO NOT INSTALL CATALYST
    JUST UPDATE THE DRIVER IN DEVICE MANAGER

PLEASE I JUST POSTING THIS SOLUTION HERE BECAUSE GOOGLE INDEX THIS SITE TO HELP OTHERS NOOBS LIKE ME

AND YES I AM A NOOB

2. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    you're expanding the .sys file that came with the driver you dloaded, why would the one in system32 be different if that's the driver you installed?

now if you want to mix a different version of this .sys with a different driver set, that will usually be a bad idea when the driver dlls start trying to load things that dont exist (the same result as let's say using atioglxx.dll from a newer set than the one that's installed)

that linked site sounds like junk

my atikmdag.sys is april 6, 2012, which is correctly around the date of when 12.4 was packaged (8.961-120405a)

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  3. 12stones

12stones Guest

GPU:

I do it because sometimes the file maybe corrupted maybe in the fresh install of windows this can happens anyway dont complain with me go in the twiter of the Amd catalyst guy and tell him to do a better job in AMD ATI corporation !!!

4. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    fresh install of windows isnt supposed to be installing the latest driver, why would anything be 'corrupt'

5. 12stones

12stones Guest

GPU:

nope maybe yes but maybe no because you dont know if the file is corrupetd in the midle of instaling amd ccc

again go ahead and say : make a better job to the guy from AMD ATI

6. aireca

aireca Active Member

GPU:
    HD5770-1024MB HD4850-512
    What? That's an ancient windows issue, happens with others drivers like sound blaster too

7. 12stones

12stones Guest

GPU:

OMG Jesus you are guru I am a noob this is a fact

there is another fact every single people here in this forum say every topic : run driver sweeper and reinstall the drivers

1 - people dont ever need or use third part programs because is not about driver sweeper clean the house for AMD
    2- have pass in your mind of guru that this installer of AMD from this guy who do a terrible job in AMD Catalyst and maybe when you instal something go wrong and the file when copied for system 32 maybe because some AV or some other reasons like a bad installer corrupted the file ????

Anyway I do it my job to help the other noobs because I am a noob

stop to make guru question for a noob I can say it no doubt this information about to replace the sys file can save a lot of people like me who dont understando nothing

is a hell do you choice AMD and need go to foruns to get help I do it this trick to replace the file only because I wanna play some FIFA 12 in max settings until my Nvidia that I get for a better price come to me

and never again you will hear nothing about me because this AMD is a Joke of support your consumers and they will not fix my problem this tutorial fix it so what is the problem???? let the people and noobs like me get help

and again go a head and complain with the guy who made CCC he get a lot of money from AMD and never do a nice work in CCC is terrible you get one video card and get errors like this

again I say maybe just maybe when you install the CCC in the midlle of instalation something go wrong very wrong you need do it this

I say maybe but you are the guru I am just a noob maybe if you get one HD 6xxx series and trying to run fifa on the max settings after 20 minutes you get blue screen is not only me a lot of people got the same error

what people dont say is the fact that every one runs the game in max settings and nobody suspect that the file is corrupted for some reason that I dont know

but this good soul from this site that I give credits got the answer I am now trying to help the other

so be a guru and do it a test for me

1 Install the catalyst
    2 check if driver are corrupted
    3 run fifa 12 in max settings
    4 if you dont get blue screen
    5 you can send me to hell

anyway I am in hell I living in Brazil so nothing that you are saying for me matter I just put this topic to help the people if you dont like
    pelase delete my topic

but this tips help me a lot of I dont know what is your problem with me I do not wanna talk about nothing with you mister guru please I go to bed

stay in peace

8. aireca

aireca Active Member

GPU:
    HD5770-1024MB HD4850-512
    Hold your horses, i think driver sweeper is sh¡t, AMD support Sucks

you think we are opposing you, we are not; language mismatch maybe?

why that agression from you? i dunno, i dont care

Thanks for posting :)

This is internet and is full of trolls, Live with it

PD: Relax

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  9. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I've had 0 problems with uninstalling drivers with AMD's uninstaller, driver sweeper, and then CCleaner. Was always able to install updated drivers, no problem whatsoever, and it always updated the driver too.

10. Kinematic9

Kinematic9 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 3GB
    I have had a ton of BSOD's over the last few months with the last few driver WHQL releases, mostly all of them have been while doing basic things like web browsing/watching a video/etc.

I honestly havent had any BSOD crashes (7970 12.4WHQL) since I switched my desktop into non AERO mode. (Windows 7 basic) I have tested it for about a week and a half now, with 0 crashes. I've tested it also in multi monitor mode (Eyefinity) and individual monitor mode. Maybe that would help some of you guys?

11. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    trying to decipher some of the syntax in this thread is kind of mind boggling

12. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    let's just say, as an additional thing to check, we can all take a look at the version/date of our .sys file whenever we have a problem when using a driver

most BSODs end up being caused by all kinds of variables, so it's rare for any fix to be the #1 fix, just trial & error

now since it's hard to be sure that any particular fix is the right one for the job, it is rude to start blaming the driver team for something that works fine for almost all users, or if it's happened to completely different drivers from completely different companies

13. aireca

aireca Active Member

GPU:
    HD5770-1024MB HD4850-512
    ^ that's my point, it's more like a windows file system security issue with different facts...

Support team in AMD forums is bad, i know that by fact, but blaming someone in particular is excesive

Welcome to internet ;) , people all around the world it's trying to speak english, just like me

Last edited: May 20, 2012
  14. appeloappelo

appeloappelo Guest

GPU:
    ASUS
    If you find all this very confusing : you can try to put your computer to sleep when the symptoms appear. After resuming windows it works fine for me.

My symptons are flashing of display for 5 times, then BSOD

15. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    I'm glad it fixed your errors. It's usually HW related.
    I can't remember when last i had a BSOD.

I personally stopped using 3rd party driver removal tools and just install over the old ones.
    Haven't had any issues doing this.

16. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    I fixed my atikmdag Stopped Responding driver crash by increasing the voltage.

17. Mad<>Max

Mad<>Max Guest

GPU:
    Ati Mobility Radeon 4670
    I've been at this issue for some time now and I found out a great deal about ATI drivers, and their shortcomings. I've tried most of 3rd party drivers without success. Even after a fresh windows(x64) install the BSOD apears after any ATI driver was installed. I have an ATI Mobility HD Radeon 4670. Somehow I have the feeling this is a never ever ending nightmare.
    Anybodys safe bet would be that I overclocked and bricked the damn videocard, but I haven't. I basically never had a solid rig to rely on.

18. LBJM

LBJM Guest

GPU:
    latest green team
    World of tanks loves to crash my video card driver! This "fix" stopped it it! :thumbup:

The irony for here me was that this was the fix I needed. I laughed it off, just like others here. I did the driver sweeper, ATIMAN, and even clean windows install. No matter what World of tanks would crash within 2 hours or usage. After I did this it stopped. I'm running a 7970 non ghz bios.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  19. blacblu

blacblu Guest

Not going to talk ****, because you are a good man, coming with the solution for a problem.

But you really need to take a look at that English.

20. LBJM

LBJM Guest

GPU:
    latest green team
    That was perfectly good bad english! ;)