Risen 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Looks like I will pass on this until it's on steam winter/summer sale. Played all Gothic games and the first Risen and liked them all, so I'll have to at least give R2 a chance at some point.

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    That might also allow time for the game to be patched and otherwise improved. :)
    (Hopefully support is a bit better though the community will probably alter a variety of things also but that will likely take time since the engine isn't very open for modding.)

3. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Everything on ultra became unplayable in my setup, so, no. You should lower some settings.

EDIT: I have installed 12.4 WHQL drivers and though the drop in fps is shown in crossfire, there is no more stuttering and it feels much more fluid.
    Bad game though.

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  4. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    You are wrong, there is an antialiasing option in the in-game menu, but doesn't let you choose how much of it you want.

5. °L°

°L° Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    well im playing everything on max, 1080p, no AA & no DOF, 3dvision, it's smooth.
    Nvidia, what else?

6. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Without AA and vegetation on high, it runs smooth here too.
    DOF on.
    No 3d monitor here.

7. Slam

Slam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    Yeah, I'm running at 1920x1080, everything maxed...no fps issues here.

8. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    I have read its a Crossfire issue, the drop in FPS

9. °L°

°L° Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    i just bought a gtx560ti asus direct cuII for 100euros! i can sell the gtx460 so that i dont waste a lot of money

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE

11. DeeZaster

DeeZaster Member

GPU:
    Giga$h!']['E 660ti OC 2gb
    Hey all,

I have been applying some tweaks to Risen 2 today and I hope you will enjoy the graphics quality and improvements. No more having enviroment objects popping in while your moving around, the draw distance has been increased, the max camera zoom out has been increased by 25% (this is fully adjustable, you just have the option to zoom out even more), many things have been adjusted. Do note that this is the first revision to the tweaks I have made. I will keep them updated so people can get the latest tweaks I have been testing.

I still need to fix the vegetation that morphs at medium distance, I should have that worked out tomorrow. Also I might be adjusting the enviroment shadows for ULTRA, depending on the feedback I can get with anyone that has a SLI setup could try them on.

All instructions can be found here with what to copy and paste or a download of the file itself.

Single card users should set everything to MAX/ULTRA EXCEPT FOR Shadow Quality which you need to set to HIGH. Also disabling AA is a good idea, your choice.

For SLI/Cross fire people if you could try these and let me know how smooth the game plays with everything on MAX/ULTRA INCLUDING Shadow Quality set to ULTRA.

This is the first set of changes remember, so far it looks great but I still will be fixing what was mentioned above. Now for the link to get your tweak on:

http://pastebin.com/9WPmpuX3

Make sure you don't copy from the window that creates line numbers in your paste. Click the "Show/Hide Numbers" first and then click the "Copy" button.

Thanks for any feedback.

12. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!

Cool, new Catalyst CAP 12.4 CAP1 improves crossfire performance even further.

13. ZebMacahan

ZebMacahan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    Great job! It does look and feel a little better( the tree-flickering is all gone now, and there is less pop-ins on objects). However, Shadows on Ultra is a big performance hit. Had to put it back to High. Everything else is on High and Ultra, and no AA.

This game is badly optimized for sure. It needs a performance related patch, and maybe a better SLI-profile from Nvidias end.

14. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
  15. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme
    Just got the game from amazon for about half the price steam are charging. So far i think it's a very good game and i'm enjoying it.

16. ZebMacahan

ZebMacahan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    The game runs quite well now on my system. Get almost constant 60 FPS, using NCP adaptive vsync and FXAA on. Also I'm using DeeZaster's XML-file. In-game settings: Shadows on high and water reflection off( get a huge performance hit with shadows on Ultra and water reflection on). In-game AA off.

The only annoying things now are the tree/plants morphing and and still some object pop-ins. Hoping there will be a patch soon.

I think the game is good, loving it so far. :)

17. imthelumberjack

imthelumberjack Guest

GPU:
    2x 580gtx sli
    I am going to wait till Nvidia releases a new sli update before I continue playing. Sli works, but it causes a strange slow motion and speed up effect that can get extremely annoying.

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  19. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    So AMD isn't the only one with dual gpu problems with this game. I had crappy performance with 2 cards had to lower setting to high BC ultra was unbearably slow (with drops to the 20fps)
    Anyway the game is Meh... it could have been a lot better but... it just doesnt "hook" me, if you know what i mean.

20. ZebMacahan

ZebMacahan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X