AMD Catalyst 12.4 (8.961 April 5) AMD Official WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by kyz, Apr 25, 2012.

1. ticcatch

ticcatch Member

GPU:
    4550 5450 7900gs etc
  2. Sailindawg

Sailindawg Guest

GPU:
    Power Color LCS 7970
    Thanks Postman. I've noticed that WHQL drivers are more easily changed from one to another by simply using the Catalyst install manager. However, I have found the most recent betas requiring a clean uninstall with something like Atiman. What I found interesting was a tweet from Catalyst maker suggesting that betas be cleanly uninstalled and installed. I think I'm sticking with WHQL drivers from now on.

3. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    No d./l links in the 1st post. WTF.

4. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    There are links. They are just not blue.:stewpid:

5. moheban79

moheban79 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6970 - 2GB Trifire
  6. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    trifire 'sad state' is different from single cards, so i would always make that distinction (also it was just eyefinity+tri, not eyefinity+dual or tri+single monitor)

what's this blank screen people are talking about, an on/off blink for a second? i've had that since 2008 when i got this 4870x2, happens before any drivers load too, think it's the combination of cable+monitor+dvi port/timing of card

7. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    Your overdrive isn't working in XP? Mine works fine. Even double checked it back and forth with sapphire Trixx (so I can go to 1150/1700).

I did find a pretty annoying bug, though.

Sacred 2 fallen angel/IB seems to get bad texture corruption when you first load it, and may either hang almost instantly after loading a save (but never on the main menu), or when you start moving around (or even if you don't, and just sit after a load). It may even trigger a VPU recover (and if that happens, the only way to fix 3D without rebooting is by going into sleep mode and back out). It seems like you can (usually) avoid the crashes by very quickly opening the mini map and teleporting around to a waypoint and then back, which seems to clear stuff up and then if the corruption is gone, you should be completely fine.

Probably will have to send this in as a bug report.

Summoner hardlocks after being loaded about 5 minutes (does not lock in windows 7 at all). Big problem since ALchemy doesn't seem to make EAX work properly in this game in W7....

8. moheban79

moheban79 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6970 - 2GB Trifire
    AMD Eyefinity Trifire sad state

AMD Trifire + Eyefinity = :'(

9. Sagus

Sagus Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 TRI-X OC
    Last edited: May 1, 2012
  10. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)

11. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    is trinity launching in a few weeks? think the driver team has been overloaded for a while now, bethesda issues, 7900 launch, now apu launch, there was a bit of a gap earlier in the year which could be why 12.2 was a great set

let's see what happens when pre-dx11 is dropped

12. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    They'd better provide performance improvements on all their DX11 GPUs, for moving those GPUs to legacy this early

13. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    they already had some improvements, 8.95 onward had quite a boost for BF3, skyrim had a boost, etc (look at benchmark3d's numbers)

i'd say all these bugs are a bigger deal than a little fps

14. vavyn

vavyn Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    Great driver. 5-10% boost in bf3 for me

15. zarker99

zarker99 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire hd 7870 Ghz
    erm...

Info on the guru3d download page details screen says:

But the OP only mentions 32bit for XP.

Could anybody confirm that these work for XP x64 - particularlt for the 7870?

many thanks

16. zarker99

zarker99 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire hd 7870 Ghz
    Ignore the above.

I just got an email from AMD tech support confirming XP x64 support with these drivers :)

Now looking forward to mobo's and CPU's that support PCIE V3, and DX11.1
    :)

17. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    It only happens with DX11 options (like advanced DOF and tesselation) enabled and a "low power" card I had this with one 6850, but now with two, it works without stutters.

18. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Nothing of an improvement in those. PCI 3.0 will only show a difference with at least 3 GPUS.
    DX11.1 os like DX10.1, will live less than a butterfly.

19. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    I have installed these drivers tonight and without even doing a driver cleanup or whatsoever. I have found they are stable and a bit better than my last stable ones with crossfire (8.95.5 february 24th).
    I recommend them.

20. Sagus

Sagus Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 TRI-X OC
    Tried disabling all DX11 options I can on "High" setting (game starts looking like crap on lower ones), to no avail.
    Doesn't matter much what I try, though. It's an issue AMD had over a year to fix. I shouldn't be jumping through hoops trying to work around their mess. *shrug*
    The card is 5770. Not sure what you mean by "low power", since the game run perfectly smooth, otherwise, except for these random stutters (reload, run through the same area and there'd be no stutters half the time, for example).