Just broke my tooth

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Nomadspy, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Nomadspy

Nomadspy Master Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GT220 512MB GDDR3
    It's not a big part of the tooth just little piece from the top barely visible.Thought everything is ok and i can keep living normal life until i had to eat this morning.It was very painful to bite my food :wanker: No problem with the soft food though!I'm scared because right now i'm in very rural part of the country for few days and the "people" here never heard of dentist :bonk: A very sad chapter of my existence...

2. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    as long as it's comfy and not annoying you don't worry about it, i chipped a small piece out of one of mine a few months ago and i really haven't minded.

3. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    When I was in about 5th or 6th grade, I broke half my front tooth. They gave me a temporary cap and said I'd probably have to have a permanent one in a year or two. I'm 42 and still have it :)

4. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    That's some impressive dental work right there. Got your money's worth :eyes:

5. Nomadspy

Nomadspy Master Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GT220 512MB GDDR3
    It's not annoying but i'm eating my food with fear right now.

When i was 3rd grade i had to use the services of the school dentist (some fat bitch) and year later the two fillings she put me just fell off :bang:.Now i have new dentist a really old lady and she makes my teeth perfect.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  6. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    you need to see a dentist soon, whenever you feel pain you are effectively torturing the nerve to various degrees, and the nerve might eventually get infected and possibly die, your face will swell and the pain will be excruciating and constant, the pain is 1000 times worse than 5 bullets to the knee.

trust me on this.

7. dockap

dockap Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 470 sli
    It is not the nerve which gets infected but the pulp tissue which causes the pain actually when they do root canal treatment first they kill the nerve of the affected tooth. I think due to the broken off piece he is having increased sensitivity due to which hes feeling pain. If its a very small piece you can leave it like that but if its bigger than you may need a cap for the affected tooth. This is for your dentist to decide.

8. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    You do NOT want to end up getting a "Root Canal" they farking hurt! especially on your two front teeth (your top ones). I had two done and the pain you get after getting the nerve taken out just plain sucks! (some woman claim it's as bad as having a baby) so that's telling you something.

Get it capped dude, FFS don't wait.

9. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    yes. try 3 root canals and 2 of them being "one of the worst cases the dentist has ever seen" no amount of anesthetic injected directly into your nerves will stop the pain nor does laughing gas help. by far the worst pain in my whole life and i had to get it done twice. just imagine doing a root canal without anesthetics. :puke2:

agreed. dont wait too long or you'll have to get a root canal.

10. Nomadspy

Nomadspy Master Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GT220 512MB GDDR3
    I will fix it ASAP that's for sure.

11. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    I wish I would Have(Im on the right)
    [​IMG]

12. Nomadspy

Nomadspy Master Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GT220 512MB GDDR3
    You are beautiful as you are,with or without a tooth :)

13. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    try sensodyne. it works for me

14. Nomadspy

Nomadspy Master Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GT220 512MB GDDR3
    Actually my brother uses it.I'm going to steal it :)

15. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    lol :D

I bit the spoon while eating a few months back and broke a small piece of my tooth.
    I used about 2 tubes of sensodyne and now i don't feel pain anymore, well at least not as much as before.

16. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    I might have to start using that, i just went to the dentist and he said all is well, but i have a little pain in between two teeth.

17. Nomadspy

Nomadspy Master Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GT220 512MB GDDR3
    OMG i broke my tooth with spoon TOO! xD There was some melted sugar on it and it was to damn hard to crack it :wanker: