AMD Catalyst 12.4 (8.961 April 5) AMD Official WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by kyz, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    Installed over the top of the 12.3 WHQL like always and all is well. Skyrim has the same max fps but the min seems to be higher now. I have no texture mods, not even the high res pack from Bethesda. I don't see a need for it.

2. Sharoth

Sharoth Guest

GPU:
    XFX Merc 319 6900XT
    Yes I noticed the flickering in bf3 as well, I rebooted and they went away. Skyrim is also running nicely on Ultra. And I too just broke 33k in vantage for the first time with this rig. I'm lovin them, can't believe people are having issues as much as they are.

3. Sharoth

Sharoth Guest

GPU:
    XFX Merc 319 6900XT
    It amazes me at how naive people can be sometimes. ;)

4. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    hmm just got a nonrecoverable black screen when launching GPU-z with these drivers.

5. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    flickering bf3 until reboot hm.... anyone remember 3dmarkvantage needed 1-3 restarts after installing a new driver for it to be accurate? (the flags test in particular)

6. miffywiffy

miffywiffy Master Guru

GPU:
    750ti
    Seems like every time I want to update my drivers I have to do this.

(6970Xfire)

When I had Nvidia SLI I had n problems ever with drivers and my PC just worked. Switched back to AMD and oh look every driver is broken. I bought ATI cards from 9800pro to 5870 before switching and then switching back, I'm gonna go with Nvidia in the future from now on.

7. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)
    No problems again...

8. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    Yah no more BSOD's when using Edge detect AA in CSS and Aika Online.
    Supersampling AA performance in Aika Online is through the roof. I mean there's VERY Low performance hit going from NO aa at all to 8xAA, edge detect, with supersampling. CSS works. No more fps lag with 8x supersampling/Edge detect in smoke, or BSOD. COD: Black Ops works, no more full blurry view with AA enabled, when you aim down the sights.

Summoner (that old DX7 RPG) *STILL* freezes after running it for a few minutes (does not freeze on windows 7).

9. bouuman

bouuman Guest

GPU:
    6650m + 6620G
    all 7000 series user have now a nice driver and the others have laggs and bad fps..... great work...

10. roli7710

roli7710 Guest

Powerplay fixed.. :)

Installed 12.4 yesterday and they seem to fix the powerplay finally. Previous two versions constantly caused lock ups playing Crysis 2 or in the best case scenario second card just turned off(no gpu activity) dropping frame rate to half. Tested 12.4 on BF 3, Crysis 2 for about 2 hours each last nite without a single problem. Happy now, touch wood...

11. Lock3h

Lock3h Guest

GPU:
    7970 trifire water-cooled
    I have never got Zero core to work on my setup (7970 trifire) anyone have any clue on how to get this to work?

Also with I'm getting low GPU usage in 3dmark 11 causing low scores, it's fine in Cat 12.2.

12. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Yeah, never heard complaints about a guy with two 560ti's or two 580gtx in SLI.
    I saw some complaints about problems with drivers though, problems related to game performance/artifacting/texturing/shadowing etc. to be more accurate.
    But hardware-driver functionality was always flawless.

I'd like to swith to Nvidia the next time. I had nvidia many times as I had AMD/Ati GPUs, but OFC I want the ride to be pleasant and not a torture.
    For now I have found feb 24th drivers to work flawlessly. I will stick to them until an update is really necessary. Hate to be messing with registry and using cleanup tools just so the drivers don't **** up my pc.
    The only problem is Nvidia is a bit more expensive in comparison to AMD.
    But as I have found out switching from AMD to Intel, I'd probably will be shocked when switching to Nvidia...
    I have two 6850's and they give me up to 100-150 fps in bf3 sometimes, but gameplay is never as fluid looking as on my brother's rig which has only one GTS 450 :S, of course when I enable Vsync, it smoothes up a bunch. but 100+ unfluid fps vs 40 something as fluid as sh1t on a 450 .... lol its just messed up

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  13. Angushades

Angushades Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 OC
    Yea i agree mate just changed from EK WC 570 Sli to 7970CFX and serously the drivers are so **** , i mean i get microstutter in bf3 with 12.3 and 12.4 drivers. SLI has none of these problems. I think i was getting higher fps with my 2 570's and it felt so smooth , i never really knew what microstuttering was untill i got these cards.
    Going GREEN once again after these

14. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Strange you get microstutter in BF3. That's the game I currently play the most, and it runs like a dream. IQ is up on this set also.

You do use the CrossfireX profile right?

15. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    I really dont understand how some people have so many problems and others with similar setups dont have any.

I just switched from trifire to crossfire and I still dont find all these problems people find. I havent formatted my pc in a long time either. I think people break something with all the "tweaks".

I only use MSI AB/Trixx for overclocking. Never use any other extra software to uninstall/install drivers, AMD installer does the job. Again no problems, I continue using AMD hardware and software.

16. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    I believe your oppinion is valid, but the fact that you got no problems with AMD hardware doesn't mean other shouldn't, and thinking that the problem relays on other people "tweaking" their systems is just stupid. Many ppl here have problems and had them after a clean windows install. Making assuptions without reading the posts.... well i'll leave it there.

Anyway, I agree that AMD should put their shirts and start working in making better drivers to take advantage of these good hardware !
    Next time i'll go green and see if once you go green you never go back.
    Or was it black? xD

17. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Well guys, AMD is reforming their driver divisions, and making up a new timeline for releases.

Just be patient. 5 series and up will get all the attention it needs very soon.

18. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Yeah, I know ! I hope they put their stuff toghether. I will wait patiently and give them another chance.

19. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    I never said there are no problems. I apologize for the confusion.

There are problems regardless of tweaks or rituals to uninstall drivers. I see most of the problems come with multigpus and people should know what they are getting when they have those kind of setups. (Headaches)

20. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    So without reading 6 pages of comments, are these drivers recommended over the latest leaked ones ?