Display output through secondary GPU

Discussion in 'Videocards - Intel ARC & ARC Driver section' started by TwL, Apr 22, 2012.

1. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Is this actually possible to have an display output through secondary GPU ? If not why not is this Intel new trick, Motherboard manufacturers BIOS flop, design error ?

* I know for sure it's not on GPU drivers.
    * System based PCIe lane cut is useless (Needs clean PCIe hotplug function).

So, what's the deal with this one?

2. bokah

bokah Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G
    what ur actually trying to do? please give system info too

voit laittaa privaaki jos haluut suomeks vääntää

3. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    I'm trying to make secondary NVIDIA GPU to render what ever is output with it.

Basically, if I currently attack monitor to NVIDIA card PCIe #2-3 and try to get output, it's not happening, getting blank screen (Physical slots #2-3, Software based 5,7). Setup example:

* Primary graphics (4 GPUs) PCIe #1,3(Intel Spec) > monitor #1 (Card #1)
    * Secondary graphics (1 GPU) PCIe #5(Intel spec) > monitor #2

----

Suomeksi vääntäminen on melkeen hankalampaa, heh.. ;)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  4. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    It should work in Vista/Win7. Its probably because Physx software is installed.

5. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Yeah, I know PhysX, CUDA, OpenCL works, but speaking now of rendering.

Concept like running 3D application on NVIDIA card independently on secondary monitor.

Easiest test scenario would be PCIe#1 populated with any graphic card > try getting monitor picture through PCIe#2 slot only.

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    TWL , have you tried with the physx hack ? if i remember correctly you dont have access to CCC and NVCP when you right click the desktop ?

I think you basicly need to install the physx hack, but not enable hardware physx.

the application you are trying to use , obviously needs to have a option to set which card to render to though. some games for instance wont allow that and automaticly set the primary gpu.

not sure if this would work, or maybe you would need to connect a physical monitor to the output of the card. in second thought i think you do need to connect a physical monitor.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  7. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    No I meant get rid of PhysX and then try and see if output works on the nVidia card.

8. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Yeah, have to try this one. I know when you get rid of PhysX you also lose OpenCL and CUDA functionality, but wonder, if that would actually restore the rendering capability, however, the problem has to be somewhere deeper according to reboot.

If I attach display directly to secondary graphics:
    there's no display at all from secondary graphics which kinda tells me that problem would be in intel chipset or ASUS bios. (Kinda same people were bitching about on having no display from AMD secondary card at CFX setups some months ago when they came).

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012