NVIDIA GeForce 301.24 Beta Drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by DeusEXMachina, Apr 9, 2012.

1. ChandlerL

ChandlerL Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 1.5
    Just took a quick look at the GLOBAL along with various games and I'm seein' 3 pre-rendered across the board.

Not sure what's up there mate. Perhaps you should clean install the drivers to wipe the profiles?

2. ChandlerL

ChandlerL Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 1.5
    It's my understanding that Skyrim patch 1.5.x screwed up Nvidia AO on any driver. At least that's what their forums and nvidia are saying with, "Yah, we're looking into this" Apparently, Bethsoft knew about the issue but said it was ok to release their patch anyway and will fix it with a later patch.

3. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    tnx its seems to fix it... maybe im imagining but i feel like the pic is a bit blurry in compare to the old drivers..

4. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    Seems like it, i tried using the Fallout 3 flag AO and its now working on outside areas again.

5. dralkalde

dralkalde Guest

GPU:
    Zotac gtx 580 Amp!
    low fpss!!!!

Can anybody ask my post?
    Is there anybody having problems with the power (Ampers) drain of the video card and the fps falling to 17 fps?:puke2:?

6. METAVISOR

METAVISOR Member

GPU:
    R7850 MSI Twin Frozer /oc
    Me!
    crysis warhead,hl2,deadspace2 all of them running on low fps!
    shame as i really liked this set.

7. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    I have no IQ problems here, but I can't say on your side ofcourse.
    Sometimes custom resolutions do give a bit less IQ for some reason.

I would just be happy if you get it working ;-)

8. GrandMax

GrandMax Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 @ 1270Hz
    This please!!!!!!

9. dralkalde

dralkalde Guest

GPU:
    Zotac gtx 580 Amp!
    does anybody have any suggestion about it?

10. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Yes, I made a post earlier to the tune of:
    Shortly after installing I ran Heaven benchmark.
    As it finished loading, my GPU temp rapidly rose to 62C within seconds (from idle temp of 31C), then it crashed giving an error that the video mode wasnt available and my gfx card had been reset.

Closing Heaven and opening it again, at the start of the benchmark it was now 54C and ran perfectly reaching a max temp of 65C.

The rapid rise in temp could only be down to a large current flow and I feel this is behind the PSOD and some other recent issues that others have experienced
    In my case, it was lucky the failure was elegant and the OS didnt crash so I could see what happened using Afterburner

I'm still running 301.24 because I want to see if there is any other behavior that points to a cause.
    I wanted to find more before issuing a warning, but its been fine since.
    In the light of too many incidents, I cant recommend this driver, it may cause hardware damage in an extreme circumstance.

For my testing, my PSU will cope and I have a fan cooling the gfx cards VRM cooling plate so my hardware should survive.
    I advise caution if you continue to use it.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012

11. mykledw

mykledw Guest

GPU:
    MSi RTX GT 2080
    Trackmania Canyon, BF3 and Mass Effect 3 maxed are all the bomb here, so no complaints or anything otherwise with this driver.............

12. sanpats

sanpats Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 570M 1.5GB
    This driver automatically overvolt GPU

While I use mobile GPU, I saaw some strange behavior of this driver that may related to your situation. GTX 570M default P0 Voltage is 0.85V, but this driver will automatically overvolt it to 0.9V when enter P0 or P1 state. The voltage will stay at 0.9V until the temperature reach 60C then it will lower voltage to stock 0.85V. It will stay at the stock voltage until the temperature is down to 55C while in P0 or P1 state then it will overvolt to 0.9V again.

This may explain why your GPU temp quickly rose to 62C when first enter Heaven bench, because it may got auto-overvolt by driver. After 60C it returned to stock voltage so you can run Heaven bench fine the second time. You should try to observe the voltage behavior of your GPU.

This may also related with this driver problem with factory OCed card as the driver interfere with voltage that may not suitable to such card's clock speed.

That's my best guess. This behavior maybe a residue from the code to dynamically overclock GTX 680, possible?

13. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Really good set of drivers. Smooth gameplay all around.

14. power55

power55 Guest

GPU:
    GTX460 / OC / 1024Mb
    I love the Game Bully from Rockstar Games.
    But with this driverset i habe wrong ingame textures and error messages :(
    Back to last Whql and all went fine.
    Otherwise i play Skyrim and ME3 and want to test the new features of this beta driver.
    I hope Nvidia fixes the Game Bully in their next WHQL drivers.

15. samtroy

samtroy Member

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 780 Ti 3GB
    Sorry for replying so late guys, but I was out of town for work. I will post later if the the new PSU fixed the stuttering.

I'm afraid it doesn't though. Because many people have these strange stutter issues with the 301.xx drivers in DX9 games..

16. johnuhtron

johnuhtron Guest

GPU:
    GTX 570 sli
    Choppy when turning in games??!!

Hi, Im brand new to these forums so please be patient. I installed these drivers today and have had signifcant problems. I run triple 120hz 1920 x 1080 screens on 2 x gtx570's.

Has anyone else had problems in games like Crysis 1, Half Life 2 or Dark messiah when you turn your character left or right in game it becomes very choppy and the frame rate dips massively or the sound glitches and stutters??

I first had this problem in Crysis 1 and tried to adjust the cfg file more precisely the texture streaming settings with no effect and altered the gfx settings to low and still no effect the game just wont cope when i turn the character.
    I can run forwards and backwards on max settings in crysis and it stays at 60 fps but as soon as i turn thats it it dips to 3 fps.
    On Dark messiah the frames drip and the sound stutters every time and the same with HL2.

I would prefer to find a fix to these drivers as the fxaa AA setting seems to have increased the image quality in Crysis and i like the eye candy :). Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers. John.

Oh yes, my specs are incase they are not automatically displayed:

Core i7 920 (oc 3.9ghz)
    12 gigs ddr3 (1600mhz) ram
    gtx 570 sli
    velociraptor 320 gig windows drive
    Win 7 64 bit premium
    asus p6x58d - e mobo
    Corsair TX950w psu
    Antec 1200 case, lots of cooling.

17. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    great performance here playing saints row the third

well there is one issue Im having but dont know if it related to nvidia drivers,

sometimes if I alt-tab to desktop when playing some games ,and then start typing in any browser, its really slow, I can type a bunch of words and it has to catch up with me typing.

18. TechFreaK

TechFreaK Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX570 Custom OC
    In short, you're running out of vram.

Play with no aa or 2xaa, max 4xaa or lower textures.

19. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    i didnt play any games today, but after a while i found my gpu speed is at 203Mhz stucked again( 51 406 and 715mhz my gpu Pstate speeds, 203 = 406/2), this happened before with previous 300 driver, need hard reset to fix this.

20. Phroster

Phroster Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4080 RTX

Did you try the 300.83 driver? I had the same problem, 300.83 fixed the stutter.