NVIDIA GeForce 301.24 Beta Drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by DeusEXMachina, Apr 9, 2012.

1. JBCool

JBCool Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    The driver works great for me. No internet drama here. ;)

2. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    This driver includes a USB driver during the 3D Stereo installation.
    I havent seen my PCs defenses trigger on that before.

Thats great but just installing a driver doesnt prove anything ;)
    Have you run the same tests?

Only messing, there will be issues, its a beta.
    Lucky you eh.

3. Esagerao

Esagerao Member

GPU:
    6900xt Red D Ultim
    Alan wake runs highly better
    3d mark11 295.73 =11458
    3d mark11 296.10= 11374
    3d mark11 301.24= 11377

No installing issues stuttering or bad artifatcs....still good overclocking
    keepers

4. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    Looking promising. Solid boosts in all benches so far. And good to see that NV officially opened the 300 series drivers to all cards fast.

5. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Adaptive Vsync + FXAA for older cards? I like it!

This is BIG, especially for SLI setups. Effectively these drivers may prevent me from buying 680 now.

6. Kronvict

Kronvict Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SLI
    I reinstalled 296.10 and all is well again. I guess i'll wait for wqhl 300 drivers and by then hopefully the bugs will be worked out if i cant find a fix for the beta till then.

7. TurboMan

TurboMan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW 3
    I am having weird issues with this driver on my GTX 680. 3D mark 11 didn't want to start at first and gave an error about "unable to go fullscreen" or something along these lines. On a second attempt it worked w/o problems, however these drivers gave me a lower score by 30 points from 301.10 (did 2 runs to make sure). After that i tried playing a video and WMP would start in an unusually small window and then give some error. I immediately tried media player classic and the video started, then WMP will also work after that w/o errors ?! I never had issues like this with 301.10, im going back to it. This driver is not worth it and i reinstalled it twice just to make sure its not my OS...

PS: Games on the other hand are flawless but i need a driver to work everywhere, not just games...

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  8. silis

silis Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X 8G
    [​IMG]

Nice stock 3dmark11 score.

9. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    I had a psod on 301.10. almost cacked my pants...thought my gpu was dying.

but i see others have experienced this as well.

back on 296.10 and no problems so far in a day or so.

avoiding betas for the moment.

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Damn .. on a 580? It was noticed mainly on the 460 & 560. Safest driver from this issue is 295.73.

11. TechFreaK

TechFreaK Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX570 Custom OC
    ^
    A 580gtx can have it? lol this is new, my 570 gtx never had that before.

Ok except for a first time ever TDR with 300.99 & 300.89 (only these 300 series), I was at desktop when it happened, 301.10 fixed it..

These 301.24 are only better (smoother), no issues yet.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  12. FordLynx07

FordLynx07 Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 DOC
    Coming from 295.73 WHQL, these 301.24 Beta has the same performance on the ff. games i played: Starcraft 2, Dota 2, Mass Effect 3 and Modern Warfare 3. There is a small improvements on Battlefield 3 specially on 64/64 maps. Haven't experienced PSOD so far which was present on 296.10. I will report ASAP if PSOD is still present. The Adaptive V-Sync was a nice addition too.

13. rgnuyda

rgnuyda Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI560GTX Ti Twin Frzr2OC
    what if you use D3d Overrider? does adaptive v-sync still come into effect?

14. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    judging by nvidia history, even though they introduced the new features for your old cards (like avsync and fxaa), the drivers will simply keep on getting slower as they start supporting heavily the Kepler cards starting from this month, all you're going to get is bug fixes, if any.

the series 200 is pretty much dead drivers wise, while some variants of the series 400 already started the deadly process, on the other hand the series 500 will keep on getting supported nicely especially performance wise, nvidia is unlikely to stop improving series 500 anytime soon, i'm guessing another 6+ month or at least not before new variants of Kepler go on sale.

it's nothing new really and this has been true ever since the Riva TNT days.

still if your SLi setup is working fine and you're happy with it, then good for you :)

15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Hey guys.

I've not been on the green team for a long time and therefore I wonder if you can simply download, update and restart the computer or do I have to uninstall the old ones, restart my computer in safe mode, run driversweeper, restart again, install the new ones and restart once more (like with AMD drivers).

16. FordLynx07

FordLynx07 Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 DOC
    "do I have to uninstall the old ones, restart my computer in safe mode, run driversweeper, restart again, install the new ones and restart once more (like with AMD drivers)."

^This. Clean install is highly recommended nowadays.

17. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    GeForce 400 and 500 are architecturally virtually identical.
    GF 500 is just a refresh of 400, with process tweaking and some minor rearrangements.

It's hard for me to believe to that they will ever make a driver boosting GTX 580/570, without the same driver boosting 560/Ti performance,
    and likewise passing improvements to GF 400.

Whenever I've seen: GTX 580/570 Up to X% in game YZ, I confirmed similar gains on my gtx 460.

GF 500 and 400 are in the same boat, no reason to purposely annoy 6 months older card owners.

Check out TXAA - seems that neither series is getting it.

18. BarryB

BarryB Guest

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    These are an epic fail again in Skyrim for me, this is the 4th driver release now that has caused major problems in Skyrim!! Massive lag when moving from indoors to outdoors, lag that causes slideshow gameplay occasionally and multicolored polygons/artifacting all over the screen when looking in certain direction. It's as if the driver is running the cards too hard and causing overheating, no problem with 290.53, just every driver after that!!

19. Caenyss

Caenyss Active Member

GPU:
    7900 XT
    Thanks, I'll give it a try once these come out as WHQL.

20. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    just do it same way as you did with amd drivers just to be sure :p