NVIDIA GeForce 301.24 Beta Drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by DeusEXMachina, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Nah... not like that.

Some 560ti's and GTX 460's where ether experiencing the pink screen accompanied with a complete lock up. Or random pink poke a dots after system booted into windows. It didn't make any difference if the card was overclocked or not "but to answer you directly my card has never been overclocked"

I have not had this issue with any other nVidia drivers. System is solid as a rock. I love my i7 system.

2. TechFreaK

TechFreaK Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX570 Custom OC
    Hi all,

These are the best out of all 300 series and they are newer too.
    301.10; 300_68-51
    301.24; 301_07-12

at jvmagni

Adaptive vsync is for all gpus, every 300.xx driver supports it.. Just enable "adaptive" in game profile and you're good to go. :)

Btw some games have issues and tear all the time, so its not ok yet.

3. Saifz

Saifz Guest

GPU:
    460 Zotac 1gb 800/2000
    i have had this exact issue in a fully stable system

4. Meocene

Meocene Master Guru

GPU:
    GF570
    elitism?

5. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    I tried the US and internationals twice both with clean installs with no luck,
    it could be a 580 bug but (D4rKy21) has sli 580's with no problems.

6. IDSG89

IDSG89 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090
    I wanna know this too, i had this problem with 296.10 and 301.10, and for those who say that this problems happens with and overclocked card, my card is at stock clocks, with an older driver works ok

7. Meocene

Meocene Master Guru

GPU:
    GF570
    i'd still say send your cards back and ask for a replacement. those pink dots are cause by a failing NVIO chip (the final stage if the signal chain before it's sent to your monitor). it could be that the cooler either isn't making full contact with the chip or your cooling fins are full of dust. could just be a dodgy chip... could be none of the above...

what you can be certain of though is that if your card gives up the ghost outside of warranty you'll feel a pain remarkable similar to being kicked in the nuts.

you guys must remember all those posts and guides popping up all over the shop showing you how to re-flow the solder in PCB's right?
    google it. i'm sure you'll quickly recognise the symptoms - youtube's full of these guides.

8. IDSG89

IDSG89 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090
    You have a valid point, but then why works fine with drivers prior 296.10?

9. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    If you read the official 301.10 post at nVidia there are dozen of posts with screen shots of the issue.

Probably should do your home work before responding.

10. Kronvict

Kronvict Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SLI
    I have the same problem as well. Could it be a bug with the Asus GTX 580 Matrix series cards?

11. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    This seems to be the go-to when someone has no idea what there talking about.

Keep your opinions to yourself please. Why respond if you have no idea what you're talking about?

12. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    I think you're quite wrong here.
    Tearing happens when the FPS is above the refresh rate. That's why ppl have been putting (normal) vsync on for ages. But it can cause stuttering when FPS are below the refresh rate, due to jumping from 60 to 20-30-45 FPS.
    When normal vsync is off, no tearing should occur when FPS is below the refresh rate of the monitor. Am I right?

Adaptive vsync is not a kind of 'inversed tearing vsync' or something like that: it should not cause tearing at lower framerates.
    It may be implemented badly and even cause stuttering or tearing, but adaptive vsync is definately not intended to show that kind of behaviour by definition.

You may prove me being wrong here, but please don't be such a patronizing kid while you're at it ;)

13. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    It could be 580 related, but (Powerspec) has a PNY model so it's not just the Matrix series.

14. Meocene

Meocene Master Guru

GPU:
    GF570
    because different driver branches make use of the various components differently. that's how nvidia squeezes extra performance out of the cards - they're constantly finding the most optimal way to program their cards.
    in other words the 300 branch may be putting certain components under more strain, and this increased strain may be highlighting a weakness in your boards design.
    different boards cost more or less because each company choices what components to use in their design.

my asus 8800 gtx was a classic example. turned out the cheap bastards were using low quality solder in which micro fissures could develop under certain conditions - which explains why stripping the card down and baking it for 10 minutes at 100oC resolved the problem.

i really am confident that the problem you're experiencing is only indirectly caused by the drivers. the root of the problem lies in the design and components selection of the board.

quick way to find out if there's something to this would be to hold a pole and see if there's any correlation between those experiencing this problem and the manufacturer of their board.

15. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    You asked for 460/560 users input. Matter of fact you said it would be appreciated.

I am sorry that I haven't been able to screw up my system in every possible way that would satisfy you.

LOL

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012

16. Meocene

Meocene Master Guru

GPU:
    GF570
    all i'm doing is pointing out that the problems some people seam to be experiencing sound an awful lot like a problem i once experienced.

17. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

Ok now it's obvious your a troll.

You obviously didn't read my post or you would understand just how far off your opinion is. Your looking for voodoo when there is none.

Welcome to ignore.

18. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    You sir are unable to comprehend how a computer works. You shouldn't be giving advice in a tech forum.

Welcome also to ignore.

19. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    Just got a PING SCREEN OF DEATH about 5mins ago was listening to music and while doing that I went onto yahoo emails, boom pink screen. First time ever!, This was just going into default clocks NOT gaming!

Don't be so quick to blame overclocking

20. Meocene

Meocene Master Guru

GPU:
    GF570
    before you start ignoring me (something i gladly welcome by the way) could you link me to this all knowing, all enlightening post of yours?