Epic working on PC-exclusive game

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by villa_youth, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    We have but it's not yet officially released. It's called Tribes Ascend.

2. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    Yes, another piece of microtransaction trash.
    Just hope Epic's new project wont be that.

Sick and tired of all these games where you have to purchase things in pieces to get the full experience.

3. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Bet you it is a F%^king F2P game...FFS I hate F2P games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    Amen, I stopped playing F2P shooters after EA screwed me and thousands others over in Battlefield Play4Free

5. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I bet this will be an Online Only Anrena Style Shooter that is Free To Play with TONS of micro transactions!!

Who wants to bet me?

£20!

(not saying it will be Unreal Tournament 4, but it could be).

6. Sobek

Sobek Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280
    Get ready... Because coming soon from EPIC Games is the thrilling edge-of-your-seat action packed online tournament fighter...

PISS FILTER 4 : THE BROWNENING

Whatever they make will be average, you can bet on that. It'll be full of puffy-looking characters and ****ty brown filters on every surface imaginable. And I really wouldn't want to see any sort of Gears of War game on PC without at least getting the second and third games ported first - otherwise what's the point? I'm not buying a stinking console just to play catchup. It's the same thing with Metal Gear Solid.

I think the best thing they could do with that sexy engine they're showing off is make Unreal 3. Whether it's a direct sequel of Unreal 2 or a standalone in the same universe, it would be the most welcome thing possible right now. If Unreal 2 had access to the production values and graphical capabilities we had now... oh man, drooling out my ass.

7. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    I am interested but skeptical since they totally fu(ked up Unreal Tournament 3. I guess I will keep an eye on it and see if this happens and what they come up with.

8. Zen0

Zen0 Master Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    Oh man, if they bring UE4 to PC before the next consoles then that would be amazing. I hate that we would have to wait for the new consoles to see UE4 in action, so releasing an UE4 PC game soon would be the best thing ever! :D

Bulletstorm, which also happens to be an Epic Games game.

9. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I'm with you on this dude, it's almost definately maybe Unreal III!

It's their only IP that we PC gamers would appreciate right now. I highly doubt it's going to be UT4. Too many other multiplayer games already.

10. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    But it wasn't exclusive. What's funny though is that they talk exclusive this, exclusive that, you know later on they'll port it to other platforms to boost sales.

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It's been like that with current gen. Just look at all those rumours of always online consoles! For that reason alone, ie. testing, PC gaming won't be going anywhere any time soon.

Anyway, all we know it could be ultimate "console" port for the PC ... Infinity Blade :p

12. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    I don't get why people hate UT3. I had a $#!+ tonne of levels and games modes and character customisation.

32 player bot matches, gamepad support, surround sound, mod support.

It had everything I would have wanted for a shooter.

Lan play, online, rankings, achievements etc etc etc.

Exclusivity is no guarantee of quality, and being multiplat doesn't automatically make a game bad either.

13. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    This!

14. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    this is what i would like to see. Unreal 3, hell ya!

15. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Some of you guys are too quick to forgive and forget.

This is epic we're talking about, the dev that cried PC was useless and a piracy ridden waste land.

Do you really think they're going to spend decent money putting out a new engine in regards to a decent franchise exclusively for PC?

It will be some half-assed arcade style game that would be fitting for psn or xbla, etc.

Don't hold your breath for some end all, be all game with top notch graphics and awesome gameplay. They're done doing that on PC. They don't feel there is any money to be made on the platform so they're certainly not spending much to throw something exclusively on it.

Wish all you want, but it's not happening.

16. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    A new Unreal Tournament on the new engine. I bet my car on it.

17. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Need to quote this so everyone won't forget!

The PC platform will be where sheeple will FUND their next engine development and tweaking it out for the NEXT GEN of consoles. Then they will license the engine out and focus on making real games on those platforms leaving the PC behind again...

Unless 3rd party developers license and develop or port to the PC.

Don't hold your breath folks. Cliffy B and Mark Rein have publicly stated the PC is dead.

Let the console guys fund their next game (engine) and wait for a real PC developer to license and use it on the PC.

18. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    "Next gen" consoles: Powered by an AMD-3850 and AMD 6670/7670. Releasing Winter 2013.

Yeah...sorry, I'm not terribly shocked your suddenly seeing devs heading back to the PC at about the same exact time the dev kits for the new consoles are in their hands.

19. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    They have about as much use for the UT series as they do the PC.

All I'm saying is don't get your hopes up. It's gonna be a half-assed budget title.

20. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Yeah but those specs are more powerful than what they do on a PC, no os hogging up resources and being able to build a game with only one set of hardware in mind, they'll be able to do some very nice things. I mean look what they've done up to this point with a GTX 7800 and cell or 1950xt in a 360. You're talking gpu's from 2006.

I don't understand this theory of "they're gonna test the next gen engine on PC first".System dev kits tell them what they can do and can't do on a new system, they don't need to release a pc game to figure out how far they can go. Especially when PC gaming is a completely different thing vs. console gaming. It's apples to oranges and doing that makes no sense. Especially when they feel so strongly about PC not being able to make them money.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012