Nvidia WHQL 301.10 is now live.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by HeavyHemi, Mar 22, 2012.

1. jvmagni

jvmagni Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC
    Nothing, all default...

2. marcvampire

marcvampire Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 1070
    same problem for me when watching youtube vids. Can stop it by disabling hardware acceleration in Flash but then it makes the videos look like crap too. Nvidia know about it, hopefully they'll fix it soon..

3. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    @zaeb, everything seems OK . Mouse also can cause high latency even if its not in the list of latencymon, i experienced this before and changing mouse fixed everything for me. When i was moving my mouse it was giving red lines to me at dpclat. More experienced friends here will sure tell u about ur 2 pictures.

4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I've not been on the green team for more than three years now so I'm a bit rusty when it comes to nVidia drivers :)

My question to you : is it possible to disable ALL the program specific 3D settings? When I was trying to bench 3DMark Vantage it felt like the program was capped at 60fps due to Vsync even though I was sure I had it disabled both in global and program specific settings.

Also, does Global settings override program specific settings or is it the other way around?

Oh, one more question : if I remember correctly there is an option to force FXAA in the drivers. Is this a good option to use? I guess I then have to disable in-game AA for it to work?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012

5. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Hi man :)
    I'll try to be brief:

1) if you setup some options into global profile they will override individual game/profile options if not specified.
    Let's say that you specified the option adaptive vsync on into global but you haven't touched anything into 3dmark profile, then yes, 3dmark will run using global settings.
    The best would be to change options based on per application profile in order to not have something enabled which isn't desired.
    Check NVCP to see if 3dmark profile has been changed in someway. If not be sure that you're not using d3doverrider or Msi afterburner frame limiter.
    Also remember that to see a real difference between 60 and 60+ fps you need a monitor that can display more than 60hz, otherwise the best you can see is just a large amount of tearing, thus even if higher you'll see 60fps always.

2) Fxaa is meant to substitute common AA by using a shader based AA implementation which is called edge detected. Since its a post process effect often the image will be a bit blurry than standard AA's. Nvidia developed txaa for Kepler to avoid blurryness and achieve better results like 4xmsaa or 8xmsaa.
    But since txaa isn't ready yet Fxaa is a good compromise.
    And nope you don't need to disable ingame AA, you can use any ingame AA in conjunction with Fxaa to achieve even higher levels of anti aliasing.

Hope it helps :)

6. SuperBill

SuperBill Guest

GPU:
    Dual eVGA GTX 580's - SLI
    In my own personal experience, dpc latency is not an issue in general. I have an old DFI motherboard based system where I have periodic spikes though after 5 years of use have never had one hiccup with the system. When I first began building for the 2600k, I tried an ASRock motherboard. While I didn't have the spikes like with my DFI motherboard, overall latency was higher than I would probably like even though that system didn't have any issues either, aside from USB bios bugs which led me to invest in a better board. My first 2600k system ultimately became an Asus motherboard. I have since built a second Asus based 2600k system... both have dpc latency that runs smooth across the board (both are also based on the Z68 chipset). When I saw Year's screenshot I knew immediately what brand of motherboard he was using... Asus. Long story short, I personally believe DPC latency issues are bound more to system motherboard design to any drivers installed on a system (not to say an updated driver couldn't help). I'm not saying that every other manufacturer seems to suck, but Asus has it right on the money at least with the Z68 boards, the only I have experience with. If you don't have any real issues with your system and you're just running the DPC Latency tester for kicks then I wouldn't worry about it as it's not likely really an issue. As I said my DFI based system has been chugging along for 5 years + and I've never had an issue with it. No stuttering, no audio cutting out, nothing. Oh and on all my motherboards, I have all devices enabled (with drivers installed) including Marvell/Jmicron SATA controllers (though some ports are not in use).

7. zaeb

zaeb Guest

GPU:
    MSI 450GTS 1024MB
    Hm strange then :3eyes: You mentioned mouse could it be then keyboard? Its connecting thrue ps/2 adapter its usb by the way.

8. zaeb

zaeb Guest

GPU:
    MSI 450GTS 1024MB
    Well now problems even tough latency never drops bellow 960. You mentioned motherboard it just might be the reason as you can see mine is very old.

9. SuperBill

SuperBill Guest

GPU:
    Dual eVGA GTX 580's - SLI
    Yeah I really wouldn't worry one bit about it. My DFI system will spike over 5,000 from time to time, but you would never know it unless the Latencer Checker is running in the background :) It's either an engineering issue or chipset issue. I'm hoping engineering because I'm quite impressed with my Asus motherboards so far. Two systems with 2600k's, an Asus P8Z68V-Pro and an Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z.

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Hey :)

What a great answer, many thanks!

About FXAA I thought that maybe performance would increase by using it instead of in-game AA (whichever type it may be). I'll just have to test it out and see :)

11. Frohman0905

Frohman0905 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX680 2GB OC @ 1202/7000
    I also have a question about these drivers. I'm currently running the 300.83 from the driver disk that came with my MSI GTX680. I have zero problems with these drivers and performance in the games I've tested so far is where it should be. I mainly play BF3 MP at 1080p, ultra and 4xaa. 80-90% of the time, my fps are between 60 and 70 but sometimes it dips down to 40-45fps during heavy action scenes. It's still sorta smooth for me but I do notice a slight lag.

I'm thinking of disabling aa and going with fxaa just to keep the fps at a high level. However when I open the nvidia control panel and go to the battlefield 3 profile, the option to set fxaa is blanked out and it says it isn't supported with this game. When I select the cod black ops profile for example, the option for fxaa is enabled. Are there more people with this driver (300.83) who can't set fxaa in BF3? Is this "bug" resolved in 301.10?

Also a side question, my cpu (i5 2500K) is currently running at stock speeds. Can an i5 2500K at stock speeds hold back a GTX680 at 1080p? From what I've seen so far, performance is great and if an overclock on the cpu gives me only a few extra fps, I'm not even going to bother overclocking it (for now). But if there is a big difference, I might overclock it. From what I've read so far, 4 to 4.5ghz is a realistic overclock for an i5 2500K. I am using an aftermarket cooler (Arctic Freezer 13) and my idle temps are 30-31°C. Load after 2 hours of Prime95: 54°C.

12. budwalker

budwalker Guest

FXAA can be set for BF3 in game, its the second AA option in video config and offers off/low/med/high

it smooths edges at cost of image quality (blur) personally i believe MSAA is better.

There is also a 3rd party FXAA injector kicking around that works quite well.

13. Zybane

Zybane Guest

GPU:
    Quad SLI 3GB GTX580
    Well I tried the registry fix to try and get my GTX 680's running at PCI-E 3.0 with my X79 MB and in Surround mode Windows fails to boot. So the article was right that there can be issues using that registry key.

So hopefully nVidia properly enables 3.0 or I will have to go back to the launch drivers which I think were 300.83?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  14. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    This is the 2nd time happening, while playing BF3 with adaptive vsync, my gpu mhz stucks at 203mhz , and need hard reset to be fixed. Picture is just after the thing happened.

[​IMG]

460 P states : 51 , 405 and 715mhz , 203 almost half of 405mhz

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  15. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Adaptive VSync is still a bit buggy even with the GTX680 series, i wouldn't use it until Nvidia gets the kinks worked out.

There is a reason Nvidia hasn't official released a driver that supports all the cards with the adaptive vsync option.

16. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    Thx alot Shadowdane, yeah we better wait new drivers.

17. DeusEXMachina

DeusEXMachina Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS RX 480 OC 8G
    Great drivers for gaming, but......MadVR don't work wiht these driver, mpc-home cinema show black screen with sound ok. EVR Sync works fine.

Waiting for new set to support my card :bang::bang::bang:

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    These drivers work great :) No problems so far.

I wonder what's next on the NV driver horizon?

19. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i played lots of games with adaptive sync, no problem so far, it's working perfectly and the Mhz doesn't get stuck @ 204 or anything.

also in 99% of cases i used to play games without vsync, i have to say Adaptive Vsync is an excellent addition to nvidia cards, it's selected globally. ;)

regardless, newer drivers will surely start ironing out bugs and even improve performance, just a matter of time, so be patient.

20. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    well...did u check the Forums ?
    Heres a workaround it seems for ur issue ;)

Quote:
    greetz BetA