Battlefield 3 (Official Thread) Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    these are my screens..and i play on PC!!
    these are shown on my Battlelog as an big banner on the left side !!!

thats why i posted it..if it was for the consoles only i couldnt care less ;)

2. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Why the hell do they have the Microsoft Point conversion next to the prices for PC players? I'll have to look at my profile when I get home.

3. Aioras

Aioras Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti ***937;
    That sucks a lot, buying equipment? A step forward on building FPSMMO...

4. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    They had this "speed unlock" in BC2 too as far as I remember. But look at the price of that thing!
    40$ just to unlock all the gear isn't just pennies and it doesn't even say if the weapon attachments will also be unlocked right away.
    It's one thing to say it would take 100 hours per kit to unlock (which obviously isn't true) but it's another thing to charge big bucks for it. Absolutely incredible.
    As useless as "prestige" mode is, this can't be a good solution either.

5. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    I just bought my copy and gonna install it tonite!....yeiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

(Yes I know...to much coffee).

6. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Why do you guys even care? Don't like it? don't buy it. It won't affect gameplay at all, if someone were to buy it, it wouldn't automatically make them good with any of the weapons. Not everyone has the time to unlock all the weapons, some people would like the weapons from the get-go so they can simple enjoy playing the game however they want when they have the time.

7. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    +1

8. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Pretty simple actually. I don't like the idea and the direction where "all this" is heading. That's one thing. It leaves a pretty bad taste (keep that subscription model in mind! :) ).
    The second thing is a disparity it creates between "paydrivers" and "boosters".
    It's ok to boost / take a shortcut if you pay for it. It's not ok though if you spend your free time to achieve the same effect, earn something you shouldn't have.
    I don't like boosters, stat padders or rank cheats but this isn't any different, apart from the obvious, being sanctioned by EA and costing a certain amount of money. I don't like that taste either.

9. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    This is a greedy move and I can understand that corporate greed is rubbing you the wrong way, but if you feel wronged because you felt that you had to "work" to get your unlocks, then you should try to play something that you like.

Play a game because you like it, not as a chore to get some digital approvals.

I actually wish that big multiplayer games go subscription option (cheaper than standard $15 of course unless they offer enough content to justify it) so that people can effectively vote with their wallet when patches are late or publisher/devs do something that offends them.

10. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    +2. i'm rank 48, level 3 colonel and, i've never played recon because it doesn't interest me that much and it takes quite alot of time to get a decent rifle so, i never bothered. however, now that i can purchase the weapons and did i'ts nice for me because with all the hours i put in at work now i just really dont have the time. so for 6.99 now i can on occassion play recon and stand a chance against the people that spend hours upon hours gaming.

me purchasing the recon weapons isn't hurting anyones game is it? sucks that the unlock purchase doesn't come with accessories though. still have to level up to get scopes etc ... but atleast i have a decent rifle now ;)

11. HandyAndy

HandyAndy Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 580 SOC
    Yes. I dont play much recon. But weapons like the mp7 in the recon class in CQB will level you up quickly. If you are at a high level then you have a lot of general pdw weapons unlocked that can be used with the recon class to quickly unlock the more powerful sniper rifles. Plus if you have the B2K expansion then the L96 is easy to unlock and a very good bolt action.

i dont like the idea of my team being filled with even more noobs with high powered sniper rifles not helping anyone out. But that is just me.

12. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    I see it this way: there are lots of gamers like me who dont have the time to play every game for 100 hours because of a RL job.

So what DICE does here is simply offering one of the oldest services in the book: trade your money to save time. Others have more time but no money. Got enough time to unlock everything? Just do that & enjoy the game. Got no time but RL job? Invest some of your money.

Not a bad thing, just a service for working ppl.

13. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    @gaizo: Well, I think they shouldn't punish stat padders and boosters anymore if they offer a shortcut. It'd still be a stupid thing to have then but at least it would be even.

@dr: They could also offer to unlock everything after a certain time (after release for example), right? Even if it was optional, as many people like unlocking stuff (myself included), it wouldn't feel as stupid as this now.

Now obviously I don't like this shortcut thing by itself but if you take a look at stats it gets even worse. Your stats typically dip if you're trying to unlock something and have to start at a very low level, like with a vanilla vehicle or class.
    I don't need the stats myself but all this seems like a perversion to me. They come up with a game that has incredibly detailled stats and a huge unlock tree just to shortcut it 4 months after release.

14. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    @Radical: i totally understand your point. I think you need to change your view on unlocking things: you're frustrated somebody gets something 'easily' you have invested a lot of time and stress/work in to 'earn' it.

Maybe you should be proud of unlocking without paying. Maybe DICE should invent another archievement ('True Hero Unlocker') to seperate the payers from the workers. ;)

15. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    As long as they aren't gonna charge me for a subsciption each month, this ain't bothering me.

For all I care - it's just more unexperienced with mew toys to shoot :p

Monthly fee = all focus on D3 !

16. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    another 2-3kills per game camper until you learn to snipe @@, with a good weapon tho...

Rifle wont make a difference, once SV98 is unlocked, which is really early, you already have decent rifle. Before SV98, just use sniper class with shotguns or such (or use the default ones, they aint that bad)? xD There are MANY ways to level up a class without using it's weapon (using generic weapons for example). Better than buying weapons imo. For me, unlocking is fun, not a work.

For real, ingame i dont care if people buys weapons (as long as i can unlock them), but i feel sorry for them. And in a future for all of us, if people pays UNLOCKABLE WEAPONS, i feel like EA-milk-the-cow will start to sell every kind of weapons, unlockable or not. ¿Remember that phrase.... each time you do X, god kills a little cat?, Well, here its: Each time you give a company money for things that should be ingame and are sold as extras, some company (or even the same) removes a little part from their next game release.

It's all about business, and if EA makes a stupid business, but they see its sucesfull, they'll start doing more business, and their next step is, if normal weapons sell well, exclusive weapons will sell BETTER.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  17. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    @dr: Personally I'm not frustrated at all. I like unlocking things and I'm happy for everything I've unlocked so far. I was just talking from a general perspective, looking at the game as a whole with all its leaderboards, tags and so on.
    The difference between your first loadout and a possible loadout with all unlocks is quite large in this game, much bigger (in my opinion) than it is in CoD. Even there the game gets easier, ratios get better as soon as you've unlocked some of the "better" stuff.
    Personally I don't need to have all these statistics, overviews and whatnots in a game. The duplicity of all this is what's bugging me.
    Again, CoD, has a full unranked mode. You get all the weapons, all the perks unlocked completely, all equipment. Ranked mode though always requires you to unlock the stuff yourself.
    BF3 has unranked servers too... so, in my opinion, they could've either ditched the idea of ranked/unranked altogether, stop the unlocks and statistics, and concentrate on the game and its mechanics. If it's fun, people will keep playing.
    Or they should've stayed on their original path and let people unlock stuff, punish padders and cheaters alike. But nothing in between.
    The next game may have something besides the limited and normal edition, the "unlocked flatrate edition". You'll have everything unlocked right away and a flatrate to all the DLC... goes for 149.99$... sounds great, doesn't it?

I really don't have any problems with this personally as I can still play the game the way I want. It may get worse though (as it already did with DLC) and at one point we all may need to spend more money right away to even enjoy the game (think of the play 4 free Battlefields).

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  18. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    I dont see any problem with paying for the unlocks if you want them, no-one is forcing you to buy them.

Its simple, if you want to play all the classes and have the time/patience to do it, then you can.

If you dont have time (ie you go to work, have a life & dont live with Mummy) and you want the unlocks, then fine get you credit card out and give some money to EA

As far as I can see the unlock packs dont include the weapon attachments, so actually playing the game and killing people still gets you your rewards.

19. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    It's unethical. That's why people care.

20. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Exactly. It might be a big leap but that's how a dictatorship works. "Mind your own business" and "who cares" are the first steps.
    If no one says a word nothing will happen. It may not change anything if you say something, but there's a chance. If you keep silent it's definite nothing will ever change.

Look at where we are with this now. Early on you bought a full game and had access to everything.
    Now we have pre-order DLC, regular DLC, unlocks, paid-for unlocks, authentification servers abroad.
    You buy everything in pieces nowadays and they can take it away from you anytime they want. Yee-haa.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.