Nvidia WHQL 301.10 is now live.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by HeavyHemi, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Can anyone who owns Saints Row the Third and a GTX 680 try to play the game with AO (doesn't matter the level)? My character is covered in splotches with no AO effect. Everything appears to be floating above ground.

I have played this game with other drivers and my GTX 580 without issue. In fact, it has a rather heavy-handed use of the effect. Thanks.

2. Soundcreepy

Soundcreepy Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 780 Enthusiast 3gb
    Adaptive Vsync is horrible for me, also Alice 2 decided to start hitching quite often with this set, went back to 296.10 and no more issue. Still using D3DO for my vsync needs, NVCP or in-game vsync for some reason doesn't cut it.

3. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    yeah it EATS games like crazy lol

4. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Because Vista 64 Service pack 2 is functionally identical to Windows 7 SP1 64 bit. Windows 7 only brings minor enhancements to the table in comparison to an up to date Vista.

5. RyPaul

RyPaul Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTS 450 1024M
    There are differences under the hood

The underlying kernel is different. This becomes apparent on a computer with slow cpu and limited memory. I recently upgraded a machine running Vista SP2 to Windows 7. Kept all the same programs and tsr's. The user reports that this is the first time since they bought the computer that it feels responsive and usable. Windows 7 also manages memory differently. Windows 7 can actually work with 1 GB of RAM whereas Vista would look at you and ask you if you were smoking crack. If you have a very powerful computer I will agree though that the 'feel' of the two OS's is similar. I prefer knowing though that my cpu cycles and memory are being used efficiently so I would never touch Vista again

6. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    As I said, the Kernel adjustments are relatively minor. You're right that 7 can manage memory more efficiently, but that along with improved I/O management with Superfetch and the like is about it. If I had a computer with 1GB of RAM I wouldn't run either OS, I'd slap XP on.

7. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    Great drivers. LA Noire performance sucks though but probably not the drivers at fault.

8. zaeb

zaeb Guest

GPU:
    MSI 450GTS 1024MB
    Here's my own modded .ini. It is for Windows 8 CP x64. Support's all card's and some notebook's. Installed it on my win8 cp x64 gts450 with no errors. FXAA and Vsync Adaptive working. Just extract it to C:\ (thats where your driver should be).

http://www.mediafire.com/?cnbh9e1no87n1cm

[​IMG]

EDIT: As you can see in gpu-z driver string is 296.17 i updated download link with fixed string. I forgot to update that in .ini :nerd:

UPDATE: 3DMark Vantage doesnt work. It just keeps loading and never loads. When i try to get out screen black's out and i have to restart. 3Dmark 11 working no problems same results. All games i have in pc also working no problems. FPS is lower in all for 1or2 fps.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  9. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    Any ideas why winsat.exe starts itself after installing this driver pls? I was surfing on the internet and .... All of a sudden, windows aero closed and gpu usage gone crazy, everythings gone crazy, cpu also...

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/7550/312ar.jpg

10. zaeb

zaeb Guest

GPU:
    MSI 450GTS 1024MB
    WinSAT.exe (System Assessment Tool) runs a series of tests and then rates your computer on a scale ranging from 1 through 7.9 (with 1 representing the lowest possible score and currently 7.9 representing the highest possible score). WinSAT.exe actually rates several subsets of your computer system, including processor, memory, primary hard disk, graphics, and gaming graphics. It then uses a special algorithm (not a simple average) to calculate an overall Windows System Performance Rating. Hope this helps.

11. zaeb

zaeb Guest

GPU:
    MSI 450GTS 1024MB
    WinSAT.exe (System Assessment Tool) runs a series of tests and then rates your computer on a scale ranging from 1 through 7.9 (with 1 representing the lowest possible score and currently 7.9 representing the highest possible score). WinSAT.exe actually rates several subsets of your computer system, including processor, memory, primary hard disk, graphics, and gaming graphics. It then uses a special algorithm (not a simple average) to calculate an overall Windows System Performance Rating. Hope this helps.

12. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Thank you for that copy and paste from a 3 year old Yahoo Answers. :3eyes:

13. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    It reruns the assessment by itself everyone once in awhile. It's caught me by surprise a few times.

14. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Same, it's run it a few times when I was watching Youtube in fullscreen, oddly.

15. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Yup, you'd think it would run when the system is idle for a period of time.
    Seems to me like it's hit a couple of times 2am Sunday morning. Might have to dig around and see if there is some sort of trigger buried in the OS for it.

Edit

Ah keeeerist.... my memory is getting shot...by default there is a scheduled task...I deleted it...

Here's where it is...

[​IMG]

16. Dcrawler

Dcrawler Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 680sli Hydro(s)
    Do you need a modified .ini to run the 296.10's on a 680?

17. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    been using the drivers since i got my Gtx680, they work perfectly well.

thumbs up.

18. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    Thx alot for the answers about winsat.exe . Driver is great so far.

19. jvmagni

jvmagni Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC
    Any fix for the PSOD on this drivers?

20. PCB

PCB Guest

GPU:
    nvidia 470 GTX
    Zaeb I tried your folder copying and pasting to overwrite the original drivers, but when I install the driver I get a weird flashing screen and then it revert back to the original

If I try installing through the device manager I get this message:

[​IMG]

What can I do ?