NVIDIA GeForce 300.83 (by MSI)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, Mar 22, 2012.

1. stasio

stasio Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTS 450 SC
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    2nd driver for today , and whql in sight lol

thx for the share btw :)

3. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Thanks stasio, you're the best. Even provided Win XP driver links.

4. maur0

maur0 Master Guru

GPU:
    point of view gtx 570 1gb
    cool

[​IMG]

5. AdmiralThrawn

AdmiralThrawn New Member

GPU:
    2 x Zotac GeForce GTX 680

Hi!

I just got my two Zotac GTX 680s and the same driver was on my installation DVD. 300.83. I tried both Zotacs and MSIs version, OS is Windows XP Pro x64 Edition.

However, there is one BIG problem: I can't get SLI to work, the options for enabling/configuring it are simply not present in the CPL. With my previous SLI (2 x GTX 480 on 285.58 drivers) everything worked nicely.

Bridge is plugged, multi-monitor is disabled. Seems there is no SLI in that driver, at least not for GTX 680 on XP x64? Can anyone confirm this?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    There appears to be no official XP driver from nVidia for the GTX680.....

7. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    There really doesn't need to be. If you're trying to run a second gen DirectX 11 card on XP, that's kind of sad.

8. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Indeed.

9. flimbo

flimbo Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    And why would you need two 680's???

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ... and how did you remember your password after 8 years? :p

11. AdmiralThrawn

AdmiralThrawn New Member

GPU:
    XP x64 is my main workstation OS, and it's gonna stay. It just so happens to be that my workstation is also a gaming machine. ;)

DX10/11 really aren't worth all the buzz at the moment (in my opinion).

There are certain situations, where my old GTX 480 SLI wasn't powerful enough anymore to drive certain games on my 30" monitor at 2560x1600 with supersampling on, like Serious Sam 3 BFE or The Witcher 2 with Ubersampling.

Most stuff works fine with a single GTX 680 card, but not all stuff, especially since I tend to set very high AA levels, including SS TAA or full-scene SS sometimes. And as of now, none of the exclusive DX10/11 titles were of any interest to me, so it's just fine.

I also talked to nVidia support in their live chat, and according to that person, a WHQL driver will be coming soon (for both XP and my XP x64).

There are still some people who don't like Win7, no matter how hard they try to. And I'm one of them. You can call me a GUI *****. Win8 is even worse imho... So I'm gonna stay where I am trying to use the most powerful hardware I can.. as long as I can. ;)

In a few years, people will be laughing about those few guys who still want to stick to Win7 I guess. ;)

Edit: When I asked, Zotac confirmed that a WHQL release driver is coming for both XP versions. However, they also stated that they cannot give me an ETA on that driver, as their relation with nVidia is not good enough to get that kind of information (a bit weird, that statement). They assume a few weeks of waiting will be necessary.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  12. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    An XP driver is a massive waste of resources for these companies. It's time to give up the ghost and put a better focus on current hardware/software combinations to give everyone a better driver experience.

13. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Especially XP x64, god that OS was a pile of crap!

14. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    It was only crappy because initially there was zero software support. It's actually more akin to Vista than XP 32 bit in a lot of ways.

15. IKnowJack

IKnowJack Guest

GPU:
    GTX470
    omg...some people have more money than sence...
    running a gtx680 on XP is like driving a F1 car thats been speed limited to 60km/h..
    and not to mention that DX9 optimisation on these new cards (since fermi) is pritty much non-existant and is slow (in dx9) compaired to GT250 etc..
    if your running XP then ya should stick to a DX9 card...anything newer is just overkill and worthless if the majority of its faster/optimised features are unavailable..

GTX480 SLIed not powerful enough to run 2560x1600? that again comes down to the dx9 optimisations...
    my GTX470 single card is powerful enough to run crysis2 at 4480x1080..at 30fps..
    other games like iracing,dirt3, richardburns rally, all run above 60fps at that same triple head resolution..
    so there must be somethin else up with that system if 2 480s SLI cant keep up..(XP prolly!)

as for these drivers...aint these the same original ones nvidia posted? then took down, to be replaced by the 301s?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012

16. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    The sooner all support for XP is withdrawn the sooner technology advances faster

17. blunden

blunden Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3080 TUF
    It's more akin to Windows Server 2003 to be honest, which is what it's based on.

18. AdmiralThrawn

AdmiralThrawn New Member

GPU:
    Dx

It actually works pretty much like XP x86, just that you have a larger address space, GUID partition table and StorPort driver capability (just like Server 2003 x64) and a far larger NTFS filesystem cache, which i totally love when working with very large files (video container de-/remultiplexing).

@IKnowJack: Do you use high amounts of multisamples and supersamples when playing (Like 8xMSAA + 24xCSAA and 8x sparse grid SS TAA)? If no, then I see how it would work for you. If yes, impossible. ;) Plus: 30fps suck, 50+ is my goal in fast-paced games like Crysis 2.

People bashing XP x64 are mostly those who have "read somewhere" that it's crap without ever having used it. I have used it for 2 years now, and there is nothing crappy about it at all in my opinion.

Still, if you give me the Win7 core with XP's UI, I'd be a happy buyer any time, gladly taking DX10/11/whatever. But since this is impossible, there is only one way.

@ice445: It has been said already, but again: XP x64 is an NT 5.2 kernel with XP userspace software compiled around it. XP x86 is an NT 5.1 kernel lacking a few features that NT 5.2 has. And Vista is an NT 6.0 kernel, hence XP x64 has absolutely nothing to do with Vista at all. Not in kernelspace and not in userspace.

I hate it when people are bashing without knowing the facts.

You can always bash XP x64 for not having DX10/11. No problem, I'll accept that. But bashing it for "being crap" or "being unstable" is simply stupid and wrong imho. Stability and compatibility are exactly the same as with Windows Server 2003 x64.

19. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    I simply don't get it. What's wrong with Windows 7 x64 ?

20. maxfly

maxfly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 980 TI
    KEEP IT ON TOPIC.
    This is NOT a bash anyone that uses new gear with XP thread. I am disappointed to see the WAY our members convey their opinions towards one another.