AMD Catalyst 12.3 (8.951.0 March 8) AMD Official WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Mar 28, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Drakaris

Drakaris Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire HD5850 Xtreme
    Wow... horrible drivers are horrible. My 2x5850 stuck permanently on 400/1000. Seriously, it's getting annoying this incompetence with every single release of the drivers. :puke2:

2. krishnarama108

krishnarama108 Guest

GPU:
    asus ati 5850 1gb 850mhz
    this driver got WDM 1.2 ?

3. grolla

grolla Member

GPU:
    8800gt sli
    somebody have tested this catalyst 12.3 with 4870x2 in skyrim?

4. berkos

berkos Guest

GPU:
    r9 270x, 980
    i stopped using driver cleaners, no problems on single unlocked 6950. when i was using driver cleaners, i had problems with ccc, some components not instaling, one time i had to do full system wipe because registry got fubar. uninstall old drivers through installer application, then install new ones, i never had any problems with trixx or afterburner this way.

5. BenchAndGames

BenchAndGames Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 Ti
    First BSOD with these drivers, if not by the drivers or the new update of Battlefield 3.

6. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    That's bull, I have downloaded through the "web installer" in the past, as well as downloading the "complete package", and with some releases the driver was missing.

It's like someone in the "packaging department" forgot to add the driver for mobility support.

It doesn't matter anyway, I have noticed AMD/ATI have seemed to tighten up a bit more these days... Probably sick of all the complaints lol.

Any idea if this driver is an improvement over (8.96) ?

7. Krakkan

Krakkan Member

GPU:
    Merc 310 7900 XTX
    What exactly says notebook drivers should be included with these?
    These are the WHQL desktop drivers right?
    Im only asking because people complain about notebook drivers quite often not being included with desktop drivers when they have their own drivers called "AMD Catalyst Mobility drivers".
    Beta drivers and modded drivers might have notebook drivers included or enabled, but to me it seems obvious they are not in these.
    Maybe im wrong but it makes sense to me.

Edit: Turns out im wrong from release notes but it does say:
    The Installation Verification Software will prevent driver download on certain notebook products.
    This is to protect against the installing of drivers that may disable features or functionality provided by the system manufacturer.

And other things that might be the issue.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  8. hemphill

hemphill New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 OC
    Aida64 does not work with this driver and Radeon 7870. Whole computer crashes. First 78XX supportive set (AMD Catalyst 12.x (8.950.5 February 24) AMD Official BETA) seems to be only working package with Aida64. Has anyone else noticed the same?

9. felang

felang Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 680
    Before having my current HD5870 I had HD4850 crossfire. I am well aware of AMD´s ****ty crossfire support and that´s the main reason why I switched to a single more powerful card. Crossfire scaling usually sucks for new games, agree 100%.

I was referring to problems like BSOD´s, and unsuccessful installations, and CCC not working, etc. I usually install right on top of previous drivers and have not had any problems in the 2+ years I´ve has this card. IMO Driver Sweeper is just not needed... it would be built in to AMD install routine if it was.

10. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    .... Not to sure if you're Trolling. You could have taken the time to phrase your questions a little clearer.

11. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
  12. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    On this laptop I was originally unable to update drivers directly from AMD but I did get new ones 3 times through Windows Update. I'm pretty sure only the video driver got updated and not the Control Center. I have since then been able to update the entire package three times by using the Mobility version of the WHQL drivers that Asder posted. I have just installed over the older one with no problems at all. I haven't tried getting them directly from AMD since they actually fully added the APU's to the drop down list for the download. I figure if something works, stick with it until it doesn't any more. I don't bother with any previews or betas, just the 64 bit Mobility version of the latest WHQL.

13. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    That's what I thought. Not to sure if he's trolling, or if he's just being sloppy with his questioning.

14. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    That part in "bold" is back to front. From my experience, a few (Catalyst versions) I have downloaded from AMD have everything else BUT the display driver.

It's a good thing we have Asder to fall back on in our time of need.

15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    It's generally recommended to disable antivirus when installing drivers. You should scan the drivers for viruses after the download completes and prior to installing. Antivirus should be disabled during the actual install process to avoid the possibility of problems.

It's not uncommon for new drivers to break compatibility with 3rd party software. The latest version of AIDA64 is dated 3-28-2012....download that if you haven't already. May fix the incompatibility.

16. roadczar

roadczar Member

GPU:
    Zotac 4090
    Couple of issues with these drivers.

G19 keyboard software crashes.
    BF3 crashes on start up.

Using crossfired HD6990s + Eyefinity

17. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Not here but my OC is bios. Was this not discussed in the 8.96 thread as a possible AB OC issue and how to fix it? Are you OC'd with AB? Possibily a bit of reading in that thread may help?

Regards

18. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    theres a new aida64 release...

19. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Also need to know this. Can anyone with Windows 8 check dxdiag?

20. Drakaris

Drakaris Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire HD5850 Xtreme
    No, not OC'd. I put everything back to default settings. Still the same issue. As soon as i got back to 12.2, it's fine. Weird...