Nvidia WHQL 301.10 is now live.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by HeavyHemi, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    The frame start and refresh starts are not synchronised.
    ie
    a new frame starts drawing when the refresh is 1/2way down the screen.
    If both framerate and refresh rate remain exactly the same rate, you will get tearing on every refresh.

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I have tried it, yes, but the videos still play at the wrong speed/slow from memory. Might have to try it again I guess. My problem isn't the game's 30 fps framerate, I'm fine with that as the motion-blurring is exceptional and makes up for it; it's just that I cannot v-sync the game without affecting the movie playback speed.

Thanks for trying to help though.

3. bokah

bokah Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G
    corrupts image in game and flash player, back to 295.73

4. DoctorO

DoctorO Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX Titan
    In general, you will get tearing as long as there is no synchronization between the video card writing into the buffer and the monitor reading from it. VSync is more than just putting out a constant framerate of (refresh rate)/integer. In this case, you should get tearing at a constant monitor position. Also, the actual refresh rate of a monitor is never 60 Hz excatly, so even if you start perfectly synchronized with constant 60 fps, the monitor will run out of sync.

That did the trick. Thanks.

5. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Ah right, thanks for that. Yeah, that makes sense now you've explained it as 60 Hz is actually 59.94 Hz isn't it, hence that Windows Vista/7 'glitch' where some programs report that refresh rate as 59 Hz and others as 60 Hz?

6. nakquada

nakquada Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 FE
    Yeah, that was the one thing that bugged the hell out of me since I moved from my HD 6950s in Eyefinity. Also, Aero Snap now works, and so does maximising/minimising on each screen.

That said, these drivers have been the smoothest I've ever seen BF3 run. Adaptive VSync is fantastic - No jitter/stutter with my 580s. However, I had to roll back to 296.10 due to some minor artefacting on the screens when doing 2D work. Will have to wait for an official release for 5xx series.

All in all, a great improvement from the green dev guys, especially when I was about to lose faith in their drivers.

7. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Alright, earlier in this thread I read this driver doesn't work for anything but GTX 680 - but I see users of other cards using it. Does it need a modded .inf ?

Also, I read the new features only work on the 680, is this true? I'm reading contradicting statements on various sites.

8. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    All of that has been answered three or four times over in this thread.

9. Vicalvi

Vicalvi Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 680 SC Signature
    How do I use the FXAA? Disable anti-aliasing in the game and leave only active in the game profile in the driver?

10. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    Yes.

11. Vicalvi

Vicalvi Guest

GPU:
    When I enabled the FXAA in the driver, the options in the NVIDIA Inspector (1.9.5.11) show this:

[​IMG]

Is this correct?

12. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    no its wrong. MSAA 4x should be set to off
    scroll down you will see FXAA usage need to set it to on

13. Vicalvi

Vicalvi Guest

GPU:
    FXAA_ALLOW_DEFAULT and in Toggle FXAA on or off = FXAA_ENABLE_DEFAULT correct?

Is necessary to put in Antialiasing Mode: Override any aplication setting?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  14. Life On Mars

Life On Mars Member

GPU:
    No System
    Best driver I have tried for my GTX560Ti so far. Smooth in everything I have tried, FXAA works great if not quite to the same image quality standard as the injectors. Adaptive Vsync works like a dream in most games and weirdly sorts out an issue I was having with slight pauses in Unreal Engine games.

Very impressed and to say these are keepers is an understatement. How are you finding your 680 Darren, Awesomesauceage? :)

15. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    No.
    Simply set the option through the Nvidia CP.

MSAA+FXAA is possible, if you want better (?) quality.

16. DoctorO

DoctorO Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX Titan
    You can combine MSAA and FXAA for a compromise between quality and performance. I'm using 2x MSAA and FXAA in BF3 since 4x MSAA takes a lot of performance and acutally is not much better than 2x.

AA mode can remain application controlled. Unless it is a game where FXAA is "forbidden", you can set everything in Nvidia CP.

Don't know whether DEFAULT is on or off. Doesn't matter since you will set it to ON if you acutally try to force it via Inspector.

17. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    No need to use nvinspector to force FXAA with 301.10, it is available in nvidias control panel.
    Default is FXAA=OFF

18. ocsystem

ocsystem Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6600xt
    been long never visited the gurus here :D

19. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Oh god, absolutely, yeah! The card itself is a beast on the default settings but what impresses me the most about it is the GPU Boost feature which makes overclocking so easy. Others might wonder what makes this feature so special, after all overclocking graphics cards is nothing new, but you have to play around with it to understand what a difference it makes to the game experience.

To elaborate, I play games at 60 fps with v-sync and triple buffering on so the GPU Boost, depending on the demands of the game, will typically overclock the card to maintain that level of performance. But not always as sometimes a game doesn't need to be overclocked to run at 60 fps, e.g. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

What that means is that it only uses what power it needs, which varies from game to game, which in turns means less heat than you'd get from a conventional overclock (which may be much higher for a particular game than is actually neeeded to maintain 60 fps). If you leave the Global Performance setting on Adaptive then the card will even UNDERclock itself if it doesn't require 1,006 MHz on the core to run at 60 fps. I tested this with Skyrim and the core dipped to 860 MHz while still running at 60 fps without a single stutter or hitch. If you turn v-sync off then the card will clock itself as high as it can manage while maintaining the set TDP. It's a really impressive piece of tech IMO that works straight out of the box but can be tweaked further by enthusiasts to max. out the performance further.

20. ocsystem

ocsystem Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6600xt
    Darren>>>>>> you enjoying your card ya. whats the TDP?