Nvidia WHQL 301.10 is now live.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by HeavyHemi, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    I was talking about when V-Sync is enabled, not when it isn't.
    As soon as V-Sync is enabled there is a timer set according to used resolution and refresh rate, so the card will sit and wait for the timer before forwarding from the buffer.
    If the timer variates means that display manufacturers should add something that does send an ack from the display to the graphic card telling that it is ready for the next frame to avoid that the timer gets offset.

2. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Ah, soz :)

3. RamGuy

RamGuy Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
    When it comes to FXAA in the control panel, am I supposed to disable multi-sampling and anti-aliasing transparency settings for games where I enable FXAA, or should I put the back at application controlled or what?

4. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    You can have both on, but the point of FXAA is to achieve antialiasing with much lower performance impact.

5. RamGuy

RamGuy Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
    And I'm back to 8x MSAA with 8x SS Transparency, it does hit your performance but it looks way better than FXAA, at least in World of Warcraft.

FXAA did help, but it seemed to blur the whole image? So I'll guess 8x MSAA with 8x SS Transparency and 4x MSAA with 4x SS Transparency in more demanding games and even 2x MSAA with 2x SS Transparency if the performance is really ****ty is still the way to go for me. FXAA did not seem to give me any comparable image quality compared to those, not even 2x MSSA + 2x SS.

It doesn't seem to really hit performance in any noticeable degree, but the blurry image wont do it for me.

6. maco07

maco07 Active Member

GPU:
    7970 3GB Boost
    "Required files are missing" for me too.
    Tried with english and international versions.
    Tried all inf's on this thread. (I put it on C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\301.10\WinVista_Win7_64\English\Display.Driver) and replace original.

Some advice?

7. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
  8. maco07

maco07 Active Member

GPU:
    7970 3GB Boost
  9. maco07

maco07 Active Member

GPU:
    7970 3GB Boost
    This drivers are giving me black screen when watching videos with MadVR.

10. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    FXAA is post processing, so the pass renders the whole frame which includes the GUI.
    It is best suited for games where you don't have loads of text to watch, unless Nvidia gives us the option to fine tune FXAA and it's sharpening filter directly in the control panel that is.
    Cause as soon as you can fine tune it's settings, it can even work out pretty well with a lot of GUI.

The new TXAA seems to be rendered on objects instead, more like MSAA, SSAA and alike, so it will great for some games with the option to force it (Someone gave a link where Nvidia stated that it can be forced and that they will at the option for it, even thou it is intended to be added via code in the game engine to work out the best).
    Interesting part will be to see how many games it will look good when it gets forced.
    I tried some of the settings people posted for nvinspector, but doesn't seem to take effect.
    Not sure if any reviewers got it to run on the GTX680 either, only seen the images Nvidia posted regarding it, so I guess that it isn't even in a working state on any of the current 300 driver releases.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012

11. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 Ventus 3X
    it seems that driver fxaa has some improvements on text.

http://timothylottes.blogspot.com/2012/03/gtx-680-gk104.html

I think I've read timothy's comment somewhere mentioning driver fxaa quality is higher than ingame fxaa3...

12. Pilgrim1942

Pilgrim1942 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 470
    Works well with a GTX 470, using the modded inf file. ;)
    Games display appears sharper, as does the display when watching dvd's. :)

13. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    BF3 is unstable with this driver. Also, the dim desktop UAC function in Win 7 is worse than ever.

Edit: Fixed the desktop dimming problem with a registry tweak. But I re-ran the Windows Experience Index and Graphics has dropped from 7.9 to 4.2 and Gaming Graphics from 7.9 to 5.7.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  14. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    Tried these on the EVGA GeForce GTX680 I recieved this morning, they run great in all games including Battlefield 3.

Played at 2560x1440 Ultra + MSAA OFF + FXAA Medium + Motion Blur OFF + AFx16 + HBAO ON.

Got anywhere from 50 to 100fps being mostly above 60fps, if I OC the card I am at 60fps all the time, very impressed, I surely lost performance going from 3 GTX580's to 1 GTX680 (for now) but this card is a damn beast, definitely does the job even at 2560x1440! :D

Although I will probably end up with another one in 2 weeks lol.

15. bouf0010

bouf0010 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX580 DCII SLI - H2O
    got the driver installed, but as soon as it goes to install nvidia control panel it cant find the specified file

16. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    same for me, reboot fixed it.

17. bouf0010

bouf0010 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX580 DCII SLI - H2O
    i keep getting this no matter what

[​IMG]

18. Techio

Techio Guest

GPU:
    XFX Fury 4096SP Unlocked
    ^ Have you tried re-downloading the drivers?

I don't know if anyone is experiencing the Pink Screen issue but what's funny about it is that I only get it when I'm on Facebook... not Youtube, not any video players. :3eyes:

19. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Happens when you use the first posted Inf's with the English only driver, use the International driver + inf or the lately added Inf for the English only version, it's a few posts above.

Guru3D has a full set for download, so you don't even have to find and copy/paste the Inf yourself.

20. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    It's probably FXAA 4 with a better adjusted sharpening filter, but it still does blur text more than some of us like.
    It might be higher than ingame AA, but it is not better, since developers can control when it is added in game, so GUI elements can be put on after to avoid them getting blurred.