Nvidia WHQL 301.10 is now live.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by HeavyHemi, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Any reason for wanting to keep using the 680 driver, better performance, or is it the new features?

2. Faks

Faks Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 560 Ti 2GB
    Hey hey i am back and all new driver are here to test out with new inf sow get yours and enjoy :pc1:
    Win Vista / Win 7 :: 32bit Only
    Nvidia Drivers 301.10 Modified Inf

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  3. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    with all that has been told, apart from being curious there's no need for me, with my setup, to install these .

?

4. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I tried SMAA on several occasions but I really didn't see much difference with FXAA -- it's mostly the same AA, same blur. Using driver FXAA is just simplier than setting up injectors. Plus I'm interested in testing how it works at the moment.

It's a little bit tricky to grab driver's FXAA because Fraps seems to not be able to do it and one time I tried using Print Screen all I've got was a black rectangular.

5. DoctorO

DoctorO Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX Titan
    Nvidia FXAA seems to be a bit better than BF3 ingame FXAA.

6. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    I meant the point where the monitor has reached the bottom and is ready to start from the top.
    But how can it do that if it will sit there and wait for next timer before forwarding the data in it's buffer?
    So if it draws 2 frames that means that the VSYNC timer somehow got offset from the vertical retrace interval?

7. alejoz

alejoz New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560Ti
    I'm getting black screen with media player classic and VLC.... can't play any movie or video with this drivers... back to 296.10

8. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Because it doesnt wait, it carries on regardless if vsync isnt enabled.
    Thats what vsync is for.

Yes they can easily render and refresh at varying times.

9. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    yes, i realize post AA is some sort of FXAA but, i was hoping maybe nvidias FXAA might be a bit less blurring like SMAA.

10. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    how did you get it to work? the driver profile says it's not supported?

11. DoctorO

DoctorO Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX Titan
    You can use Nvidia Inspector to allow FXAA. Edit the BF3 profile, set "NVIDIA Predefined FXAA Usage" to "FXAA_ALLOW_ALLOWED". Then there are to other settings that allow you to actually turn on FXAA and an indicator (green square in upper left corner when FXAA is on). I think there is less blurring than BF3's FXAA on high but equally good smoothing.

Also checked out FXAA in SC2 and Crysis 2 DX11. Very good result in SC2. Blurring comparable to SGSSAA. Also much better than Crysis 2's own post processing AA. Way less blur. Smoothing is good, but still MSAA would be needed badly in this game.

12. ROBINHO25

ROBINHO25 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560Ti 1Gb
    The FXAA via inspector for BF3 is better than Smaa Injector?

13. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    you tried r_postmsaa 1 in cfg right? gets rid of most aliasing, no blurring either.

14. DoctorO

DoctorO Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX Titan
    Certainly pretty good smoothing, blurs quite a bit though. Easily noticeable when you turn it on and off in the console.

Hard to tell without the ability to take a screenshot. It might blur a bit more but I think smoothing is comparable. I recommend you check it out for yourself.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  15. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    iirc it didnt cause blurring to me. but try these, put in your cfg.
    r_UseEdgeAA = 0
    r_PostMSAAEdgeFilterNV = 0
    r_PostMSAA = 1

16. IKnowJack

IKnowJack Guest

GPU:
    GTX470
    just tryed out adaptive v-sync with iRacing..to see if it would cure the studder problems at the newer/bigger tracks..
    it does well..locks the fps to 60 of the lcd monitors..but where the studder used to start on track, there is like some frames being dropped..like when the adaptive v-sync switches, there is a jump in the frames..ill see it all nice and smooth then when going into corners for instance, ill see the graphics jump a few frames ahead..

also tryed FXAA on iRacing (no v-sync and at triple head resolution!)..and saw a massive drop in fps..from the 80-90fps range down to the 20s..but that could just be my gtx470!

17. gsxrjunkie

gsxrjunkie Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG gts250oc
    anyone having problems with installing these try using the international driver with the international modded inf.they installed flawless for gts 250.

win 7 64 international drivers

http://ru.download.nvidia.com/Windo...op-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql.exe

inf all video cards

http://www.mediafire.com/?v9iidaz8zu7cgp7

win 7 32 international drivers

http://ru.download.nvidia.com/Windo...op-win7-winvista-32bit-international-whql.exe

32 inf all cards

http://www.mediafire.com/?esiqj4oz355tg3z

18. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    FXAA with these drivers does seem to look a bit better, but when I tried to do some comparing, FXAA didn't show up in the FRAPS screens. Either way, it also works in more games than it used to, as I could never get driver level FXAA or injected SMAA or FXAA to work in OFPDR, but the new driver level FXAA works in it now.

19. MrMicrochip

MrMicrochip Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 1070 Phoenix
    I noticed the same. I tried Deus Ex - HR with built-in FXAA and driver version (300.10) and the driver version was definitely without excess blur.

20. PsyChoFOk

PsyChoFOk Guest

GPU:
    PALIT GeForce GTX570 S
    I keep getting Required Files Missing error when trying to install, tried all INF files on this thread :( Pallit GTX 570 SC